Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Walsall v Charlton - Post Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Third away game and I saw two goals. Good away day support the team not the regime. Pretty boring game .Rudd with some excellent saves . Holmes running at the defence such an exciting player. I am so sorry but I ve got man love for fox really has improved just need a song for him. Social club was very welcoming. One fault of the day was how many police were there it was stupid amounts. Fair play to the blonde copper who ichatted with at half time asking who Roland is etc . Great day out forget the win. Still proud of our support and proud to be a Charlton fan.
  • Options
    Stand corrected re lyrics.

Great footage!
  • Options
    Like the look of that table. Great character to hit straight back after their equaliser.

In that situation you normally expect a home side to go on and look for the winner.

Up the Addicks!

Ps. Only 61 comments - a lot of people obviously short of things to say when the mighty Reds win away from home....
  • Options

Scunthorpe Results
    Bristol Rovers ... 3-1 / Fleetwood ... 2-2 / Wimbledon ... 2-1 / Gillingham ... 5-0

Bolton Results
    Sheffield United ... 1-0 / Wimbledon ... 2-1 / Bristol Rovers ... 2-1 / Fleetwood ... 2-1

Neither have set the world on fire so far this season and whilst we lost our opening game of the season we've hit form ourselves, reckon Scunthorpe will be the harder of the two matches... If we can come through these two matches with another four points then I'll be delighted

Interesting how they've both played Bristol Rovers, Fleetwood and Wimbledon. - Two promoted sides and one who just escaped relegation last season.

Without being biased, think arguably we have had the harder fixtures in comparison. Especially when we have been so far behind recruitment.

Both going to be hard games but totally agree that if we come away with 4 points, that's a great start IMO.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Scunthorpe Results
    Bristol Rovers ... 3-1 / Fleetwood ... 2-2 / Wimbledon ... 2-1 / Gillingham ... 5-0

Bolton Results
    Sheffield United ... 1-0 / Wimbledon ... 2-1 / Bristol Rovers ... 2-1 / Fleetwood ... 2-1

Neither have set the world on fire so far this season and whilst we lost our opening game of the season we've hit form ourselves, reckon Scunthorpe will be the harder of the two matches... If we can come through these two matches with another four points then I'll be delighted

Interesting how they've both played Bristol Rovers, Fleetwood and Wimbledon. - Two promoted sides and one who just escaped relegation last season.

Without being biased, think arguably we have had the harder fixtures in comparison. Especially when we have been so far behind recruitment.

Both going to be hard games but totally agree that if we come away with 4 points, that's a great start IMO.
    On the other hand we've played Bury who finished mid-table last season / Shrewsbury who just escaped relegation / Northampton the Champions of League Two / Walsall who are Play-Off losers... Scunthorpe like you say have either played teams who finished below them last season or have come up from 3rd and the Play-Offs whilst Bolton have faced Sheffield United (Who are doing terrible anyway)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Its early days but on the basis of what I've seen (with the goals) this season... I'm going to stick by my comments from last season: League One definitely seems weaker than 2011/12

Is still a dangerous Division and we'll lose a lot more games but I'm not as impressed with the opposition
  • Options

Delighted with this result and a lot of the story behind it.

But you know the problem with it, don't you?

RD will feed it into his algorithm and the result will come back:

" no further signings needed"

I think RS will take less of the crap that the network puppets put up with

The fact that all our signings have come from British clubs certainly suggests he's in charge of transfers, not the RD laptop gurus
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Need at least 1 to 2 midfielders.
  • Options
    The tiny sub Walsall brought on used to be on our books - I liked the look of him though he'd fail the height test.
  • Options
    Not going to get carried away, still time for RD to fuck it all up.

Rudd 8 - three outstanding saves but at fault for goal
    Solly - 7 - as solid as always but missed simple chance
    Fox - 6 - didn't get forward but otherwise ok
    Konsa 7 - did nothing wrong
    Pearce 7 - likewise
    Holmes 8 - always positive and direct; assist for goal
    Foley 7 - underestimated; great work rate and covering
    Crofts 7 - a battler in the centre of the park
    Jackson - 5 largely anonymous
    Ajose - 6 two simple finishes and unlucky with cheeky lob
    Magennis 8 - outstanding; great signing

Lookman - 6 - held ball up well to stop it pinging back
    Holmes Dennis 5 - barely involved
    Bauer 6 - good to see him back in unfamiliar role

6 for the bloke that scored our only goals.
  • Options

Buy Isiah Osbourne.

Started at Villa. Played very well against a few years ago for Blackpool.
  • Options
    PWR

Fans quality. Magennis quality. Rudd quality.

The next two games will provide an indication where we're at
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    how many travelling addicks at the game today?
  • Options

Our next 2 games are v the top 2.

Bolton at home next week and Scunthorpe away the week after (although Scunny will probably be postponed due to our international call ups).

We'll smash both
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Taxi_Lad said:

739 according to the OS
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Taxi_Lad said:

739 according to the OS
    cheers
  • Options
    Decent turnout in the end. Well done all that travelled.
  • Options
    A decent performance but don't like how we invite teams on to us. Fortunately Walsall didn't have much to offer in the final third.

Thought we were very good on the counter attack though with Magennis' pace and power.

Special mention to Konza and Crofts who I thought were excellent today.
  • Options
    First time I've seen Magennis play and was really impressed. Thought he'd be just a big lump but he was very mobile and won everything in the air, left or right. Thought fox was outstanding, the cynic in me thought there must have been a scout from West Ham there! Crofts and foley were far better than when I saw us at Cheltenham, Crofts in particular was excellent. Konza impressed though it was good to see the BFG back for the last 10 mins. Holmes was good but does tend to hang on to the ball a bit rather than moving it on quickly. This slows our attacks and is probably why he's not playing at a higher level. Scoring 2 hopefully will spark Ajose on to better things though the first just hit him and he miscontrolled the second into the net. Magennis my mom closely followed by fox
  • Options
    Like the Question of Sport style partial picture of Kevin Nolan too.