Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alou Diarra - Contract Terminated

Comments

• Options
    To be fair, if there's one area of the squad where we had cover it was cb/dm. still a big blow
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

People will still say it's a smokescreen and he just wanted to get away from RD and KM but I don't believe Diarra to be like that at all. Never looked flustered and just oozed class on the pitch.

Won't be the main reason, but no doubt one of a few!

Class player who's patience, ability and coolness just beaconed next to Jordan cousins!
    No doubt players have benefited from playing along side him, and having him just arround the place!

Would love to have had him doing his coaching badges and joining the club in the youth coaching but can understand his want to return to France!

Thank you Alou!
  • Options
    Fully expect him to roll up at Millwall next week
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

I love the way the club have timed this.
    They clearly knew of his intentions well before the window, but by announcing it rather conveniently after the window has closed it means they are seemingly helpless in terms of getting a replacement. Great.

They probably knew he wouldn't be fit to play for months anyway
  • Options

I'm guessing this was done yesterday (before the end of the window) so he can sign for a new club at some point before January.

Thanks Alou, you always did your best and showed your class on the pitch

Probably was done yesterday but at 35 and with his recent injury record I can't see him signing for anyone soon.

Good luck Alou and thanks, good player, always put in a shift, will be sorely missed.
  • Options
    the window close just over 12 hours ago and were another man down. if a player wants to go he wants to go nothing can be done, or u get a Stephens situation at Brighton were a player is stuck somewhere he doesn't want to be for 10 months.
  • Options
    joining up with Nabby at Red Star FACT
  • Options

I am guessing he was on a decent wedge. Could this free up some funds for the salary of a free agent replacement midfielder?

Didn't come across the sort of player who only came for the money, so I'd expect him to be on roughly the same as the majority of the first XI now - he just wanted to play football
  • Options
    When did he activate his extension?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

NEWS | Alou Diarra leaves Charlton by mutual consent

The club came to a mutual agreement with the midfielder, who wishes to return to France to be closer to his family.

Signing for Palace.
  • Options
    The midfielder leaves the club to be closer to his family in France
    So will be go for the Iain Dowie or Dale Stephens definition of nearer...
  • Options
    How many World Cup finalists have we had play for us in our history.
    Still, no major departures.

Now where's that thread where people were believing that they would play for us again when an added year clause had been activated for him and harriott.
  • Options
    :(

I was really looking forward to seeing him play again. Total class don't get to see enough of at the Valley on either team, especially not ours.

I hope he manages to get a gig at a French club next transfer window rather than this being his retirement.
  • Options
    Oh well the squad just got a bit worse.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Relax guys we'll have Kashi back by March.

are you gonna specify a year ?
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Real shame. A bit of a beacon in the darkness at times. Another case of injury mismanagement - rushing him back before he was ready and now he is suffering the consequences. Wishing him all the best back home.

I don't think so on this one. I had a hairline fracture of the tibia and it's very, very, very difficult to re-injure. The problem is the pain. I had a growth over the area of a bone-like material that jutted out into my leg and caused so much pain and discomfort. There isn't much the doctor can do. I did distance running on it for a while, and when I spoke to my doctor he said I could basically rest and it might heal faster, or it might not. Basically, it's pain management. The problem is it can take a long, long time to heal, I had problems with my leg for over a year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Always enjoyed watching Alou play, a top player and great bloke.
  • Options
    Gutted
  • Options
    Stand-out best player for us last season when fit, can't begrudge him the move home after the best part of a year injured, and we have cover - albeit not with quite the quality he has.
  • Options
    One in two out again. Sounds like a Friday night at Katrien's with Naby and Roland.
  • Options
    Great potential.
  • Options
    So since Slade said we were 4 or 5 short, how many net incomings? Diarra, THD have certainly Burnley chap has arrived...who else in either direction.

Shame to lose Diarra, excellent player and a big loss. Him and Kashi getting fit would have given us easily the best squad in this division. Another Championship quality player down should we get back up this season.
  • Options
    Why didn't the club speak with him before activating his year extension in the summer?