Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alou Diarra - Contract Terminated

12346»

Comments

• Ah....maybe he has been released but it hasn't been announced yet.

• I assume Alou is a long way from match fitness anyway, it's not as if he's been in full training for the last 2 weeks
  • vffvff
    edited September 2016
    http://www.asnl.net/58/actualites/actualites/fiche/21556

Nice to see Diarra smiling. SIgned for AS Nancy

(Picked up from Chicago Addick's excellent blog and dissection of the loan window.

https://chicagoaddick.wordpress.com/2016/09/01/the-window/ )

Diarra brought a bit of class to Charlton's midfield and covered central defence when asked. All the best of luck to him.
  • Reckon we were over our wages budget and tried to move on Ba and Tex but probably had Diarra deal to release agreed as a plan B and signed it at about 10.55pm when it was clear the other two were going nowhere.
  • Class player. Will miss him and always wish him well. Lovely bloke too, at POTY as mentioned on an earlier post.

Timing of decision and announcement leaves a bit of a sour aftertaste. If he had gone during the transfer window there would have been more pressure to bring midfielders in. Nothing from the club ever feels quite kosher these days.
  • That's interesting because when I first read about Diarra leaving, my first thought was around how sad I was to see him go, the second was that the timing seemed quite clever.

My thinking was that if we had announced it earlier it would have made it even more apparent how desperate we are to sign a midfielder and that may have made it more difficult or expensive to get a deal through.
  • That's interesting because when I first read about Diarra leaving, my first thought was around how sad I was to see him go, the second was that the timing seemed quite clever.

My thinking was that if we had announced it earlier it would have made it even more apparent how desperate we are to sign a midfielder and that may have made it more difficult or expensive to get a deal through.

Wow. That's actually not a bad thought, it's pretty cunning.
  • Class player, enjoyed watching him play.

A bit deep that one. The midfielder we signed might be ten years younger but he is also nowhere near as talented.
    I think Diarra had had enough and worked a way out for himself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Davo55 said:

Would have loved him to go play in India.

Bombay Alou.......had it all planned :smiley:

Was tempted to flag that, but now you've just made me hungry for a curry.
  • londonnewsonline.co.uk/4888/alou-diarra-curious-case-cancelled-charlton-contract/

To me the it sounded like Alou was planning on retiring, so it is odd that he signs up to another club within hours of his emotional farewell...
  • More smoke and mirrors from the Board and who in their right mind would want to be associated with the shit that are running our club.
    I have no association with Charlton as it stands. I am a lapsed supporter of a once proud football club that has lost it's heart and soul.

• Strange that they sign him when he's not fit but good luck to him.

will be interesting to see when he makes his first appearance
    Was an unused sub on Saturday.