Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alou Diarra - Contract Terminated

Comments

• Options
    WSS said:

When did he activate his extension?

Don't think he did. Similar situation to Harriot. The club had an option and chose to activate it.

He was a class player and we didn't see anywhere near enough of him in midfield.

No way that this wasn't known about before yesterday.

Hopefully the next announcement will be Johnson out the door although I suspect Meire is currently using her Roland approved spreadsheet to work out how much it will cost to get her out of the bonkers contract she gave Teixera.
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

Why didn't the club speak with him before activating his year extension in the summer?

that is far too sensible an idea
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Gutted is an understatement really, classy player and clearly classy off the pitch too. I think the dressing room will miss him. Either way it's his call and he's at the end of his career. Probably realised his game time would be limited if any this season and if I'm not mistaken that wouldn't have included a pay off would it? So hopefully we can use the wages to bring in a couple of frees. Good luck to him and it'd be nice to see him back some day in some capacity.

Agreed, for all we talk about the Skipper becoming a coach, I was really, really hoping he'd stick around and become a coach for us. That said, I don't know how well he'd gel with Slade's style.
  • Options
    Very disappointing.
    Thank you and good luck Alou.
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

Why didn't the club speak with him before activating his year extension in the summer?

I would imagine that they knew he wanted to leave and we're hoping to get some kind of fee, when it became apparent that wasn't going to happen they got him off the wage bill
  • Options
    eas his injury expected to flair up by the morons then running the club? No.

Has Slade expressed annoyance for the way these long standing injuries were not treated at all over the summer? yes.

Could we have had Diarra play for us again if not for the total mismanagement of the club?

Who knows, I don't. Anyone else got better knowledge of this?

It's a shame for me no send off for Diarra, I've really enjoyed watching him play.
  • Options
    Pretty sure he's the guy on the far left, just out of shot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a damn shame. I expected him to leave early summer, as I thought he'd rather return to his family, than be stuck injured with us in L1. When it came this far & he was hopefully getting close to fitness, I assumed he'd see out the season.

He may have asked to go, but it's unbelieveably cynical of the club to announce this the day after the window closed.
  • Options
    I think it's Morgan Fox on the right of the picture, celebrating with Chris Solly whose a bit shorter in the middle and then Diarra far left.

Or maybe he's the guy with his hand up in the back of the picture.

• Options

Remember him this way

That is the most crazy CAFC fans have been for years after that goal.
    I ended up in the row in front.
    Unhappy ending 25 minutes later thou.
    Good luck Alou, you were one of the good guys.
  • Options
    Bollox
  • Options
    Great player. Been a pleasure to watch him. Shame he couldn't burn up this league but maybe for the best rather than watch him in decline. Good luck big man.
  • Options
    Proper gutted about this, Diarra was a class above even in the Championship. I really hope this allows us to bring in another central midfielder on a free (poyet maybe) otherwise we still look so light in the middle of the park.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Strange that they sign him when he's not fit but good luck to him.
  • Options
    Haha he's had our pants down. Not even gone an hour and he's got a new club .
    Someone is telling a few lies at cafc I think
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Then he goes to sign for someone else! Quality player disappointed we won't see him play for us again
  • Options
    So whose lying? Him or someone at the club covering it up? Not saying Olly but maybe someone above him just telling him what to say.
  • Options
    Bottom of Ligue 1, over in Eastern France near Strasbourg, apparently his parents still live in north east Paris, where he was born, so it is closer. Would imagine he'll be a player/coach in the near future
  • Options
    It was unrealistic to think that a world cup finalist who is still a very good player would want to go to places like Fleetwood and Crewe with Charlton Athletic.
    I'm not in the least bit surprised he wanted to go.
    Good luck to him

Right player at the wrong time.