Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alou Diarra - Contract Terminated

Comments

• Options

Strange that they sign him when he's not fit but good luck to him.

will be interesting to see when he makes his first appearance
  • Options

"I will never forget my time at Charlton"

I bet he won't

In a waking up in the middle of the night/cold sweat kind of way (crying children in the background optional)????
  • Options
    Ahhh thats a huge shame... He'd have been brilliant at this level

Prior to relegation though I felt that this is the course of action that Alou would take (i.e. Either retire or return to France for the final few games / seasons he's got left in him), was shocked when we announced the extension but still disappointed as really liked him
  • Options

Strange that they sign him when he's not fit but good luck to him.

will be interesting to see when he makes his first appearance
    Very good point, considering we were told he will be out until Novemberish, if he rocks up and plays at Nancy in the next few weeks we will know more porkys have been told!
  • Options
    Blucher said:

I suppose the position is a little analogous to that of Paolo Di Canio, who the club released from the last year of his contract when he got the chance to play in Rome.

Good luck to Alou in the future - a class player and a professional out of the very top drawer.

Was just thinking of Paolo's situation with us... Exactly the same case.

Hold no grudge towards Alou either for straight away joining Nancy, he wanted to move closer to his family yet didnt want to retire... Am sure being under Contract and being so old meant no French team would want to pay for him so this was the only option.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Former captain Alou Diarra Bleus will engage for a season. It will bring the size (1m90) and experience in midfield.
    So it's not just Charlton Life that has a height test
  • Options
    Shame, still a good player, read the game well, big and strong, solid at CB as well as CM.

Not too bothered myself though considering the time he's spent out injured. We also have plenty of options in his positions.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

I love the way the club have timed this.
    They clearly knew of his intentions well before the window, but by announcing it rather conveniently after the window has closed it means they are seemingly helpless in terms of getting a replacement. Great.

Muldoon's time to shine, our English Xavi.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolutely loved Alou, it's hard to believe that he's 35 really. For us he was always really comfortable on the ball and a solid player in defence as well as midfield, I don't think many of us thought he would stay with us to play in League One and it's a shame he picked up an bad injury in pre-season.
  • Options

Not surprised that a 35 year old doesn't want to play in league 1 with all the cloggers in there.
    Bolton should change their nickname from the Trotters to the Cloggers on last Saturdays performance .

Bolton will forever more be known as "The Cloggers".

• Options
    Be interesting to see if he goes straight into their side. That leaves us even lighter in midfield. They never fail to surprise
  • Options
    I reckon this was to make wages available for poyet!

Poyet was complete wank last year but got Tilly and Kat a nice little pay day a few years ago. They don't understand football and probably don't realise he hasn't progressed, they probably think that they made money once, they can do it again
  • Options
    GUTTED A CLASS ACT
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Definitely had class as his CV had promised and did a good job when often played out of position at CB. Enjoyed seeing what little of him we did but just another passing ship in the night and par for the course courtesy of this crazy circus. Good luck for the future Alou.
  • Options
    Quality player will be missed big time. Fully expect him to make his debut whenever Nancy play next.

I still hate the fact that when any player asks to leave they say yes straight away.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Quality player will be missed big time. Fully expect him to make his debut whenever Nancy play next.

I still hate the fact that when any player asks to leave they say yes straight away.

Seeing as he's meant to be out for another few months I wouldn't be so sure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    really liked him, our very own Yaya.

such a shame we only saw some of what your capable of.
  • Options
    Quality performer . Thanks Alou
  • Options
    Very disappointing. Disappointing he's gone, the way he has gone and the fact his signature was barely dry on the cancellation agreement before he signed for Nancy.
    Can understand at 35 you want to finish up in France. Thank you and good luck.
  • Options
    Very sorry to see him go. Met him a few times when he was Man of the Match and he was very nice. Good luck Alou - we will miss you.
  • Options
    There is something odd about this.

The OS said "The club came to a mutual agreement with the midfielder, who wishes to return to France to be closer to his family"
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-alou-diarra-departure-3285651.aspx#jqHJEJGXIi9jOE5d.99

Fair enough.

Then a few hours later he has signed for Nancy.

So not a free transfer to Nancy as it could easily be but we cancel his contract and then he signs for another club.

Unlikely to have been a fee but did the club give him a lump sum as part of the mutual agreement and then found out he's got himself another club when it was too late?

I don't know but it does seem a little iffy.
  • Options

Maybe it was along the lines -

Alou: "Look Kat I really want to get back nearer my family. I'm 35 now and a bit injury prone. I know you are trying to reduce the wage bill so I'd be happy if you just cancelled my contract - non payment, before the 11 o/c window closes - just in case I find a local French club willing to take a risk on me!?"

Kat: "Good idea, we are awash with CBs and reasonable CMs and Mr Duchatelet will be happy to reduce the wage bill- sign here".

Everyone happy... (just maybe he'd already tapped up Nancy...).
  • Options
    edited September 2016

The OS said "The club came to a mutual agreement with the midfielder, who wishes to return to France to be closer to his family"
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-alou-diarra-departure-3285651.aspx#jqHJEJGXIi9jOE5d.99

Fair enough.

Then a few hours later he has signed for Nancy.

So not a free transfer to Nancy as it could easily be but we cancel his contract and then he signs for another club.

Unlikely to have been a fee but did the club give him a lump sum as part of the mutual agreement and then found out he's got himself another club when it was too late?

I don't know but it does seem a little iffy.

Whatever happened the one certainty is that the winner isn't Charlton Athletic!

EDIT: Good luck Alou. I enjoyed watching you. A ray of light in a sea of darkness and was impressed with your commitment when you WERE fit enough to play unlike many!