Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alou Diarra - Contract Terminated

Comments

• Options
    Genuinely sad about this one. I really loved watching Alou.

Don't know what to make of him signing for Nancy, but frankly I can't be bothered to think about it, plus they're called Nancy so I think we still win this one.

I'll miss him. Makes it much more important to get Kashi fit though
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if this is no more than a regular 'free transfer' but has been dressed up as a contract termination simply so it doesn't look like we are giving our players to other clubs for free.
  • Options
    He was /is a class player. To be fair, for him to have been turning out for us in the Championship was a privilege to Charlton and us as fans, not quite in the way Alan Simeonson was but probably not far off. Good luck to him and thanks.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this is no more than a regular 'free transfer' but has been dressed up as a contract termination simply so it doesn't look like we are giving our players to other clubs for free.

in which case why not the usual "undisclosed fee" line?
  • Options
    edited September 2016

cafctom said:

Free transfer and sale would have been less acceptable to the fans than termination on the grounds of family reasons.

Just regime spin but intention was to get his wages off the books.
  • Options

cafctom said:

Free transfer and sale would have been less acceptable to the fans than termination on the grounds of family reasons.

Just regime spin but intention was to get his wages off the books.
    Yes, they wanted the wages off the books but i think AD has pulled the wool over KM's eyes by getting a transfer to Nancy and a pay off from CAFC.

Shame we don't have anyone expert in contracts to advise her : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cafctom said:

Because had it been addressed that way then they would have had to have announced it during the transfer window, and they know there would be a backlash from fans if they are seen to be moving on a popular player on Deadline Day. Just my theory on the situation
  • Options
    Is it not possible that we agreed to give him a free transfer if we could get in cover and when the chap from Burnley signed yesterday it was too late to complete his transfer, so we 'released' him today as players can only sign for a new club if they are unattached.

I agree with Henry though it will be interesting to see when he is fit to play again. I suspect that he is earning less where he is, maybe even a pay when you play deal.

I'm going to give Alou the benefit of the doubt and assume that he did want to move closer to his family and accepted a deal with another club on that basis.

From Charlton's perspective, we have released a player who, presumably, earns a lot of money who is not going to be fit to play for several weeks and even then is going to be targeted by the opposition so may well not play a dozen games all season.

What I don't know is just who triggered the extra year on his contract. If the club didn't want him (based on the wages) and he triggered the extension then we might have been all too pleased to 'let him go'.

I suspect we will never know the truth in any event!
  • Options
    Listens to and regurgitates any old regime rubbish.
  • Options

would have thought the headline on the AS Nancy site would have been 'Allo Alou'

that is so terrible but it made me laugh so I lol'd it. I expect a lol back if I ever attempt grandad style humour

• Options
    The deal was probably set up for us to get him off the books if we failed in our bid to offload Tex. One of them had to go, luckily for Alou, it was him. Charlton fans taken for mugs yet again.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

cafctom said:

Because had it been addressed that way then they would have had to have announced it during the transfer window, and they know there would be a backlash from fans if they are seen to be moving on a popular player on Deadline Day. Just my theory on the situation
    Same backlash today and even more say having said "no one else is leaving".

Something doesn't add up.
  • Options
    So Diarra must have had his contract cancelled yesterday, if what Henry said is correct & I presume it is ?

"If we cancel their contract now they can't sign for another club in any case until January so they will stay put."
  • Options

So Diarra must have had his contract cancelled yesterday, if what Henry said is correct & I presume it is ?

"If we cancel their contract now they can't sign for another club in any case until January so they will stay put."

correct, his contract must have been cancelled yesterday unless the rules have been changed.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds as though poor old daisy has been tucked up by Alou.

Maybe if she worked a bit harder it wouldn't have happened
  • Options
    Good luck Alou really sorry your leaving
  • Options
    Quality player, the difference in the play I saw with him on the pitch and not was incredible - he has an air of calmness about him and can see how he got a place in that great France squad. Real football player, one that shouldn't even at this age be involved with a Club like us struggling about in League One. Good luck to him.
  • Options

correct, his contract must have been cancelled yesterday unless the rules have been changed.
    I think they can sign for the club but can't play (or possibly even be registered) until the next window - isn't that what happened with Herman? So we will probably only find out if he makes it back to fitness and plays before the next transfer window is open.

Diarra going is a shame as he was clearly a class above this level and played with a passion for Charlton not seen too often over recent Regime years (he cared - as highlighted by his comments on leaving). But I'm not too worried about his departure - it leaves a hole should he have made it back to full fitness and from Slade's comments he's a positive character in the dressing room, but I just don't believe he was going go play a big part this season and if KM uses the money saved in wages to sanction one or two freebies who are out of contract in needed areas (Gobern being the obvious example) then IMO it's probably best all round.

Unfortunately given the previous experience of this ownership it's more likely to be one out none in but I'd like to be proven wrong. Won't hold my breath though...
  • Options
    Clearly a class act on the pitch without doubt. I have heard nothing but positive reports of him as a man off the pitch.

P'raps, as Curbs would say, he knew he would struggle fitness wise, had an offer closer to home to sign for a club, earn his badges and see how it goes.

Clearly "our Allou" is in love with the game and doesn't have to worry financially.

He always showed heart and grace, clearly has grown a fondness and affinity for our club and our amazing fans.

I'd have loved to have seen him at the Valley bossing the midfield this season but maybe he knows it's becoming beyond him.

Good luck and best Wishes Mr Diarra.

It would be amazing to see you and your love for the game back one day. Hopefully in a better time and under better circumstances.
  • Options
    Best remembered to me for the goal at the den, of course we fucked it up in true Charlton fashion but 20 minutes or so he was going down in history.

Technical ability exhibited on many occasions in a difficult time, all the best that man.
  • Options
    ''It is now the right time to leave for me and my family to go home to France''

This and Bergdich? Reminds me of 2004 when Di Canio and Cole both gave valid and polite explanations for wanting to be elsewhere.

Are people making their minds up quietly about remaining in the UK and will Teixeira be the next?
  • Options
    Vinnie V. said:

I'd have loved to have seen him at the Valley bossing the midfield this season but maybe he knows it's becoming beyond him

So how come he's signed for Nancy if L1 is beyond him ?

• Options

''It is now the right time to leave for me and my family to go home to France''

This and Bergdich? Reminds me of 2004 when Di Canio and Cole both gave valid and polite explanations for wanting to be elsewhere.

Are people making their minds up quietly about remaining in the UK and will Teixeira be the next?

If we haven't offloaded Teixeira & now the window has closed, I can't see how he'll be next.

If he's released I'm led to believe he can't play for another club, until the window reopens, so I can't see him going until January.