Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Should the Notting Hill Carnival continue in it's present form ?

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2016

I was at a carnival party on a 3rd floor flat roof, right on top of Ladbroke Grove a few years ago. The stuff I saw going on beneath me was eye opening. Its crazy how out of control the crowds are on the Monday evening around that area.

What stuff did you see going on ?

I don't think it should be banned. I think it should be relocated to Hyde Park & ticketed, so the million can enjoy themselves and have a great time, without being at risk of being stabbed and sexually assaulted by the 500/1000 there for trouble.

I would also assume (maybe wrongly), that it would become more family friendly with more women and children being able to attend.
  • Options
    I am certain this number would have been far greater if it wasn't for the pre carnival police work that had taken place.
    There was background policing going on weeks prior to this event.
    How much does this stabfest cost the taxpayer every year?
    Following the amount of black people that wish to stab each other, I am surprised the black lives matter mob haven't asked for it to be banned indefinitely.
  • Options

"Following the amount of black people that wish to stab each other, I am surprised the black lives matter mob haven't asked for it to be banned indefinitely".

why don't Black lives matter tackle the problem of black on black stabbings and murders ?

because its all the white mans fault.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

why don't Black lives matter tackle the problem of black on black stabbings and murders ?

Maybe they're too busy sitting on runways.
  • Options

"Following the amount of black people that wish to stab each other, I am surprised the black lives matter mob haven't asked for it to be banned indefinitely".

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/09/hey-black-lives-matter-uk-heres-perspective-glastonbury-vs-notting-hill-carnival/
  • Options
    I think there was a previous thread on this which I commented on.

I have a good friend who is in the Territorial Support Group (or whatever it's been named to now).

He says it is the weekend they all absolutely dread. Woefully undermanned and have to let loads of stuff go rather than arrest. Stories of walking through the crowd with colleagues to then find slash marks and spit all over their back.

I also have another friend that lives just off the main route but loves the whole event, although several times she's had to shout at people pissing (and worse) in her front garden.

It's not for me and I imagine the cost must be absolutely huge. Not sure I'm entirely correct but think I saw the police numbers were around 5000, that can't be cheap.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

City Airport closed this morning by 'Black Lives Matter' because:

Speaking to BBC London, group member Joshua Virasami added: "The community where this airport is is a predominantly black community.
    "In Britain, 28% of black people are more likely to be exposed to air pollution...being in closest proximity to the industries causing climate change."

Really? how I long for a Britain whereby we are allowed to move house if we feel like it...........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Does that make it OK?

No. But there is a hysterical reaction when in context it's perhaps not as awful as some make out.
  • Options
    I think they will have to move it to a park with metal detectors. It can't continue in it's current format.
  • Options
    The statement from black lives matter regarding City Airport
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

air pollution is a racist crisis!?!
  • Options
    Simply introduce a new rule: you can only attend if you can afford to live in Notting Hill.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

That cant be real lol
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

How many of the local community rely on the airport for employment? F*****g morons.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

smiffyboy said:

That cant be real lol
    Posted on Twitter by LBC
  • Options
    Racist pollution is the worst kind of pollution.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

smiffyboy said:

That cant be real lol
    Posted on Twitter by LBC
    haha wow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2016
    smiffyboy said:

The airport had 4,319,301 passengers in 2015.
    All of them anti-climate billionaires retuning to Monaco, of course.
  • Options

I was at a carnival party on a 3rd floor flat roof, right on top of Ladbroke Grove a few years ago. The stuff I saw going on beneath me was eye opening. Its crazy how out of control the crowds are on the Monday evening around that area.

What stuff did you see going on ?

I don't think it should be banned. I think it should be relocated to Hyde Park & ticketed, so the million can enjoy themselves and have a great time, without being at risk of being stabbed and sexually assaulted by the 500/1000 there for trouble.

I would also assume (maybe wrongly), that it would become more family friendly with more women and children being able to attend.
    When you look down on the crowd you see islands of police all watching each others backs who can't/won't move amongst crushing waves of people. You can also see the wronguns streaming through the crowd in single file snakes just feet away from the coppers robbing and threatening people but nothing is done. Ladbroke Grove needs sorting because one day there's going to be a serious mass casualty event down that end.
  • Options
    Why have those idiots at City Airport been brought up in this thread? Completely off topic imo.
  • Options
    The main issue for me is the reporting and perception vs football and the police tactics vs football.

Trust me if the police managed that carnival in the same manner they police the football those arrest figures would bloody quadruple and some. I know a lad in the MET unit who deal with these type of events and he openly admits a big percentage of the police love policing football as they can do what the hell they want and generally it's an easy ride. They hate policing the carnival and animal rights protests etc.

I believe 30 England fans were arrested over the MONTH of euro 2016 but it was in the news constantly and the general public were taking about it (branding them/us as scum, an embarrassment to the Country etc etc)

Yet I would wager than 95% of the population have no idea of what happens/happened at the carnival and you don't have know it all celebs and carnival people etc coming out criticising them.

I also assume those arrested don't have their mugs plastered over the papers, get banned from future events, get jail time, have to hand their passports in if ever there is a carnival in another country etc etc - you get the point.

Look at the reaction to the few Chelsea fans singing a racist SONG in Paris and the fallout. Then compare that to the type of crimes at this event every year - sexual assaults and stabbing.

We all know why 1. It's policed differently and 2. The lack of reporting of what occurs. And that's what annoys me.

So yes make it ticketed and make them go through the same shit I have to when following England - police checks before to join the club, police checks again at airports, collecting my ticket with further I.d. checks in Slovakia, passport check to get in the ground, searched twice going into the ground all whist being watched by hundreds of huge robocops, just waiting for a chance to break bones.

Oh yeah and we pay £100's for the privilege. Grrrrrrr.
  • Options
    When did you move there?
  • Options

When did you move there?

• Options
    edited September 2016
    colthe3rd said:

Why have those idiots at City Airport been brought up in this thread? Completely off topic imo.

I just saw how long it took the old bill to get the bloke on the 8 foot tripod down. 30+ officers and it took over 90 minutes! They must have been on overtime.

https://youtu.be/ro25dnISCXg
  • Options
    They should of just got a sledgehammer and knocked one of the legs away, fuck the health n safety brigade, if the dickhead wants to waste people's time and sit on it, then get him down as quick as, by any means possible, shouldn't be there in the first place. Or better still fire up on the planes engines and let the thrust blow him in the dock, problem solved.
  • Options

When did you move there?

Well it had been going nearly 30 years by then, so you must have known it was local, even if it has expanded since? I live across the road from a pub that was a quiet locals place, then empty for years. Now it is open until 4AM and is one of "the places to be" for the youth of Albufeira. I accept that I bought a house opposite a pub, and paid the going rate for a house opposite a pub. And that's 6 nights a week 52 weeks of the year, not 3 days in 365.