Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fabric

Comments

• Options
    I can't believe it stayed open as long as it did when everyone knew what was going on there.
  • Options
    Maybe they should now hold it in Notting Hill.
  • Options
    Ministry of Sound have been having pressure for last year or so now from local authority because of residents of the flats which have been built opposite a few years back, which is ridiculous. The Club has been there for best part of 25 years, giving planning permission for flats opposite was only ever gonna cause problems.
  • Options
    End of an era.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

I can't believe it stayed open as long as it did when everyone knew what was going on there.

Might as well close every pub in the country if it's drug they care about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Exactly

I've only been to Fabric once and loved it. If they have closed it because of concerns over drug taking then as mentioned above local authorities best employ a shit ton of people to close pretty much every licensed establishment in the country
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Had some great nights in Fabric seeing the best of British DJ's like James Ruskin, Oliver Ho, Ben Sims and Surgeon. Surgeons Fabric mix cd is superb.
  • Options

London clubbing scene has deteriorated the last 10 years badly. Kings Cross area lost all its clubs, Turnmills now a restaurant, Fabric gone, MoS under pressure, Studio burnt down, Matter no longer weekly events. Sad.

Same thing occurring in Scotland with places like the Arches in Glasgow shutting down.
  • Options
    Perhaps people will be able to squat the luxury empty flats that will replace it?!

Funny enough the squat/free party scene has some sort of a resurgence since these clubs started closing down. No £40 tickets either.
  • Options

London clubbing scene has deteriorated the last 10 years badly. Kings Cross area lost all its clubs, Turnmills now a restaurant, Fabric gone, MoS under pressure, Studio burnt down, Matter no longer weekly events. Sad.

Is Hidden still going strong?

If not, fuck London.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Perhaps people will be able to squat the luxury empty flats that will replace it?!

Funny enough the squat/free party scene has some sort of a resurgence since these clubs started closing down. No £40 tickets either.

Bingo.

This is just going to push so many people to the underground scene, where it is already too dominant for music such as in Fabric, which is impossible to police.

I don't really see what more the club could do. If people want to take drugs into a club, any club, then they can do and that is up to the individual if they want to take that risk and be irresponsible with with their drugs.

I accept that I have a motive to overlook certain things and have a clouded judgement because I'm just gutted it's gone because it was so so good, but to me it seems like we're tackling the wrong thing. Education about drugs is needed - taking away fabric doesn't do that.
  • Options

If not, fuck London.
    Closed about a year or so ago mate. Only club round there is Fire.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Exactly

I've only been to Fabric once and loved it. If they have closed it because of concerns over drug taking then as mentioned above local authorities best employ a shit ton of people to close pretty much every licensed establishment in the country

And the BAFTAs, Golden Globes, TV awards, or pretty much any celebrity awards evening.
  • Options
    Ketman said:

Ministry of Sound have been having pressure for last year or so now from local authority because of residents of the flats which have been built opposite a few years back, which is ridiculous. The Club has been there for best part of 25 years, giving planning permission for flats opposite was only ever gonna cause problems.

Tbf ministry of sound is an absolute joke. I've seen dealers walking around soliciting their wares to the queue of people waiting for entry openly flashing at least a few grand in 10 and 20 pound notes. Right in front of the bouncers and police.
  • Options

Ketman said:

Tbf ministry of sound is an absolute joke. I've seen dealers walking around soliciting their wares to the queue of people waiting for entry openly flashing at least a few grand in 10 and 20 pound notes. Right in front of the bouncers and police.
    The bouncers in there are absolute arse holes. Apart from that it's a great club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ketman said:

The bouncers in there are absolute arse holes. Apart from that it's a great club.
    Just make sure you pre lash hard
  • Options
    Was only there a month ago.
    A London institution gone, thanks sadiq you complete arsehole.
  • Options
    Proper club
  • Options

If not, fuck London.
    Closed about a year or so ago mate. Only club round there is Fire.
    Might as well throw my passport away....

Long live DnB ;'(
  • Options
    Worked there doing the sparking pre opening . Got to know quite a lot of the guys involved and am still friends with them to this day.

Probably the most well run club I've ever been to as a "customer" as well , such a shame.
  • Options

Ketman said:

Can't be any worse than those working the door at 338.

• Options

Was only there a month ago.
    A London institution gone, thanks sadiq you complete arsehole.

Nothing to do with the major who has released a statement saying hes disappointed with his news.