Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fabric

Comments

• Options
    1StevieG said:

I am glad I had the chance to go some legendary night clubs before they were closed. Final Frontier ( Club Uk ) in Wandsworth, Turnmills, Bagleys to name a few plus a few of the more grungier gigs like the 121 in Railton Road, Brixton and Kriss Kross. Getting sentimental now. Great days!

I remember the first time I dropped at Camden Palace. Was in all sorts of trouble on the dance floor, jaw swinging, eyes rolling. Some random bird come over with a cup of tea and it sorted me right out. Great times.
  • Options
    Pill heads
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

I can't believe it stayed open as long as it did when everyone knew what was going on there.

Yeah, all those people, listening to music, having a good time.

It's a f****** joke.
    What? I don't know whether this is sarcasm or not or what your point is. I never said it was a good thing - I've got mates who go there. I'm just saying it's amazing it wasn't investigated or shut down earlier given that the club was so well known for drugs.
    It wasn't 'well known' for drugs, it was a club that played underground music, of course people did drugs, trust me Fabric also did things to make it harder. A lot harder than other places, I remember once going into Hidden, had to take my shoes off, the bouncer saw my bag of bud and just waved me through. Wouldn't have happened at Fabric.
    Dazzler21 said:

'Needs' 'Addicted' 'Fucking Clown'

Really?!?! Have I hit a nerve here?

I did state that there are people who go clubbing that aren't drug users, sellers or want anything at all with drugs.

They're not the reason Fabric lost its license though.
    You didn't hit a nerve, I live in the goldren triangle, Fabric closing doesn't really matter to me.

Do you really think people 'need' to take a pill, or can be addicted, in my experience the last thing people want after a night on it, is another bloody pill!
  • Options

Rothko said:

Was only there a month ago.
    A London institution gone, thanks sadiq you complete arsehole.

Nothing to do with the major who has released a statement saying hes disappointed with his news.
    He even went to the trouble of sending a tweet last week too, bless him. Been busy fighting fabrics corner, obviously.

In all seriousness though, he could and should of played a much more integral part here but he hasn't.
    But he can't because the Mayor can't change licensing decisions of London Boroughs
    One of his policies was to save London nightlife.
    How is allowing this to happen now a problem of the borough?

You can bet your bottom dollar that if fabric had been kept going he would be there to take the plaudits and claim he's kept to his policy.

He's let people down, that much is clear from the replies via social media of people feeing as of their vote has been wasted.
    The blokes an absolute c*nt
    I can't believe you said that.
    His grandparents migrated from India to Pakistan following the partition of India in 1947, and his parents migrated to England from Pakistan shortly before Khan was born. His late father, Amanullah Khan, worked as a bus driver for over 25 years; his mother, Sehrun, was a seamstress.
    His dad was a bus driver?!? I wish he'd told us sooner!

On a serious note, I think a lot of those on here going on about how he did all he could would be a tad less sympathetic if we were still under Boris' tenure.

You can't just blame the ones you don't like kids! :-)
  • Options

JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

I can't believe it stayed open as long as it did when everyone knew what was going on there.

It's a f****** joke.
    What? I don't know whether this is sarcasm or not or what your point is. I never said it was a good thing - I've got mates who go there. I'm just saying it's amazing it wasn't investigated or shut down earlier given that the club was so well known for drugs.
    It wasn't 'well known' for drugs, it was a club that played underground music, of course people did drugs, trust me Fabric also did things to make it harder. A lot harder than other places, I remember once going into Hidden, had to take my shoes off, the bouncer saw my bag of bud and just waved me through. Wouldn't have happened at Fabric.
    Dazzler21 said:

I did state that there are people who go clubbing that aren't drug users, sellers or want anything at all with drugs.

You didn't hit a nerve, I live in the goldren triangle, Fabric closing doesn't really matter to me.

Do you really think people 'need' to take a pill, or can be addicted, in my experience the last thing people want after a night on it, is another bloody pill!
    Ok fair points probably the wrong terminology, however having always steered clear of pills & powders, why is it then that they'll then next time they go out take a pill again? Surely if the come down is so bad they wouldn't do it again?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

It's a f****** joke.
    Dazzler21 said:

Ok fair points probably the wrong terminology, however having always steered clear of pills & powders, why is it then that they'll then next time they go out take a pill again? Surely if the come down is so bad they wouldn't do it again?
    Why do you/people drink again after such a bad hangover?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Dazzler21 said:

JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

It's a f****** joke.
    Dazzler21 said:

Some people like 10 pints on a Friday night, others like a bit of molly, a shit ton of water and hours of dancing. I don't know many people who drop every time they go out, I don't know many drinkers who can go out without having a drink.

Trust me, you'd much rather have people doing a bit of coke of MD, rather than some of the crap I saw before I left England, that mcat shit was pure evil. I also came across some synthetic weed in Istanbul, that stuff is proper toxic.

You won't stop people doing what they want to do, America's war on drugs has proved that, surely. (I regularly travel to countries really, really hit by the war on drugs.....) all this is going to achieve is push the scene to where it can't be controlled and shit can be sold that will be, at best, sub-par, at worst, lethal.

EDIT: In fact, just to prove how impossible drug use is to stop, a DnB group recently came to Kunming from Beijing, one of the local lads got his brother to post over a load of molly from America. It arrived, perfectly safely. If it can't be stopped in an authoritarian country like China, what chance have the Met got?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

It's a f****** joke.
    Dazzler21 said:

I can assure you that the pleasure of the coming up and being up far outweighs the the blues you might feel coming down!

Also, your comments about herbal smokes and people being addicted are a bit naive. I've never heard of anyone being hooked on pills, just having a bloody good time every now and then.

I never went to Fabric but, during my 20s, there was plenty of choice and I had some of the best nights of my life in Turnmills, The Cross, Bagleys, Pacha and The End all of which have now disappeared. Sad times but fantastic memories and being 37 and having lots of kids means those nights are gone for me now but I do feel a bit my life is better and my friendships stronger because of those experiences.

Still have a cheeky trip to Ibiza every other year to prove there's some life in the old dog.....
  • Options
    Oh how I miss that intense warm feeling of coming up on a pill mmmmmm
  • Options
    IAIA
    edited September 2016
    'Drug policy' has failed repeatedly and makes ordinary people more unsafe each day. Time to change policy. Portugal seems to be doing well.

It's probably the excuse rather than the reason why Fabric has gone though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Oh how I miss that intense warm feeling of coming up on a pill mmmmmm

big snort on a vicks stick just as you're coming up, feel those eyes rolllll back

• Options
    damn they were fine nights
  • Options

shine166 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Shutdown because they couldn't stop people abusing drugs on their site.

Seems fair but then I'm not a clubby type who needs pills, powders and herbal smokes to have a good night.

Just to clarify I understand there are other clubby types not addicted to drugs.

Either way I ain't one!

Never drunk booze in a club either ? Or are you in the club that thinks because alcohol is legal, that's it's not a drug ?
    Shut up you crackhead.

Only on club nights though
  • Options
    Any chance of a reminiscing drug taking thread?
  • Options
    Macronate said:

If it helps with reminiscing, Gary's are back to 90s quality now after a lull in the early 00's... Apparently.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

It's a f****** joke.

To be fair , they always did their best to stop dealing , but stopping people just with a couple of pills or whatever ? Trust me when I say I know they didn't always stop those ones , even when they clearly saw.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

It's a f****** joke.

To be fair , they always did their best to stop dealing , but stopping people just with a couple of pills or whatever ? Trust me when I say I know they didn't always stop those ones , even when they clearly saw.
    You're right, but one advantage of Fabric in that sense was they always had St John's Ambulance on site in case anything went wrong. That's dealing with an issue you know exists as opposed to pretending it doesn't.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Macronate said:

If it helps with reminiscing, Gary's are back to 90s quality now after a lull in the early 00's... Apparently.
    No way if that's the case a little reminiscent weekend is needed
  • Options

buckshee said:

JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

It's a f****** joke.

You're right, but one advantage of Fabric in that sense was they always had St John's Ambulance on site in case anything went wrong. That's dealing with an issue you know exists as opposed to pretending it doesn't.

Totally right. They understood that there was little they could do if people really wanted to take anything but always had the support there if things went wrong.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

buckshee said:

JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

It's a f****** joke.

Wow, really?

That's a really admirable stance and should be commended.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

buckshee said:

JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

It's a f****** joke.

Wow, really?

No mate.

It makes the club a safe haven for drugs and as such, should be shut down.
  • Options
    HandG said:

LuckyReds said:

buckshee said:

JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

It's a f****** joke.

Wow, really?

No mate.

It makes the club a safe haven for drugs and as such, should be shut down.
    Please explain how having St. Johns Ambulance make a club a safe haven for drugs?! Despite the best efforts of landlords and owners, drugs are everywhere and, rather than completely denying the problem, at least the owners of Fabric were making moves to assist with those that might have found themselves in trouble after taking something.

The two lads who died in that club recently were both only 18. I don't wish to speculate on the ultimate reason for them dying but I know how green I was at that age and I got into some close shaves because of my naivety with what I was doing. Rather than just preach to children that drugs are really bad and illegal and avoided at all costs, there should be some kind of education available so, if a teenager does choose to take a bit of this or that, they know what the possible effects will be and how much is safe and how much is not. That would go a lot further towards preventing any more tragedies like this than shutting clubs down.

Whether the Daily Mail readers like it or not, kids (and adults) having been getting bongoed for years and that isn't going to change.......
    I really hate to break it to you as I can see you've put effort into your post, but ... whoosh!

I completely agree with you.

Cameron Leslie mentioned the assertion put to him that fabric was a "safe-haven" for drugs in his speech - hence the joke.

Sorry!
  • Options
    Too subtle for me-my brain has obviously been fried by all the pills.

I was getting quite angry writing that post as well!
  • Options
    The solution to drugs panic is - at minimum - decriminalise possession of small quantities for personal use, like Portugal. Better still, legalise them to be sold through pharmacies along with all the warnings and a chat with a professional. While we keep criminalising them, people buy dodgy stuff from unknown dealers, sometimes switch to more dangerous 'legal' stuff, and the revenue from this fuels gang crime here and violence and oppression in other countries. Criminalisation has failed ordinary people.
  • Options

JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

It's a f****** joke.
    Dazzler21 said:

Yes it was well known for drugs! It clearly was. How can you deny that? I don't know why people are getting so defensive on this thread. I'm not anti drugs at all and no one's saying whether it's right or wrong but I don't know how people can deny how rife Fabric was for drug taking.
  • Options
    Ben Elton wrote a great book; High Society

It's the kind of book everyone should read. That and 'The Emperor Wears No Clothes'.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    People do drugs in fabric as much as they do in every other poxy club.

I am absolutely gutted as I was planning to go more frequently. fabric have the tightest search on entry out of any club I have ever been to. It's absolute bollox and its probably the start of the end.
    Space closed this year as well, probably the two best clubs I will ever go to closing in a few weeks of one another.
    fabric was just an amazing place with amazing music. I've been completely sober just to enjoy the night and see particular DJs.

Least I got a warning about Space and got to fly out to Ibiza for a night.

fabric and everyone that go are just the victim's here. Those that failed are the policy makers and the police and all those swapping envelopes behind closed doors. BULLSH

I took drugs in fabric and il take them elsewhere. Stop me?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

It's a f****** joke.
    Dazzler21 said:

Yes it was well known for drugs! It clearly was. How can you deny that? I don't know why people are getting so defensive on this thread. I'm not anti drugs at all and no one's saying whether it's right or wrong but I don't know how people can deny how rife Fabric was for drug taking.
    More than any other club playing similar music? No.

When I was still going out in London, Fabric was know as a place you had to hide stuff. not a safe haven at all.