Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fabric

Comments

• Options
    Good thing we have 24hour tubes to improve the night life....

My first proper legal night on the lash, 18th birthday, was at fabric. Such a shame.
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

Rumours of a stitch up due to the location and CrossRail...?

Apparently London Museum are looking at transforming that whole area. If the council and police have used the death of young two boys for this purpose then its lower than low.
    London museum are looking at going into what was the Smithfields nightclub which is actually opposite. Fabric will become flats there is no doubting that , prime real estate.

One story from when the build was on going and I worked on the sparking . As most who've been there will know room 1 has a "bodysonic" dance floor which apparently has thousands of tiny speakers underneath. It was installed at a cost rumoured to be around £1m by a team from Japan if memory serves me right.

Anyway a couple of days after the install everyone working at site was called to a meeting where we were told that someone had cut all the cables to it and this was going to cost big money to repair , we were left in no doubt that if they found out who did it they'd be dealing with it "themselves".
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Shutdown because they couldn't stop people abusing drugs on their site.

Seems fair but then I'm not a clubby type who needs pills, powders and herbal smokes to have a good night.

Just to clarify I understand there are other clubby types not addicted to drugs.

Either way I ain't one!

Never drunk booze in a club either ? Or are you in the club that thinks because alcohol is legal, that's it's not a drug ?
  • Options
    Used to go clubbing a lot in London. The Cross, Turnmills, The End, Fabric, MoS, a few others. Fabric was by far the most professionally run and cleanest club you'd come across. This stinks of something else going on.
  • Options

Jints said:

Rothko said:

Was only there a month ago.
    A London institution gone, thanks sadiq you complete arsehole.

Nothing to do with the major who has released a statement saying hes disappointed with his news.
    He even went to the trouble of sending a tweet last week too, bless him. Been busy fighting fabrics corner, obviously.

In all seriousness though, he could and should of played a much more integral part here but he hasn't.
    But he can't because the Mayor can't change licensing decisions of London Boroughs
    One of his policies was to save London nightlife.
    How is allowing this to happen now a problem of the borough?

You can bet your bottom dollar that if fabric had been kept going he would be there to take the plaudits and claim he's kept to his policy.

He's let people down, that much is clear from the replies via social media of people feeing as of their vote has been wasted.

Weird. Licensing is a function of the local council. The Mayor can lobby but he has no power whatsoever.
    Bit weird making a policy then, no?
    Not at all. He's in charge of Transport for London (night time tubes etc) and planning policy in London.

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

What do you mean? Crossrail has already acquired all the land it needs for the scheme in Central London including in Farringdon. Crossrail 2 goes nowhere near the area

• Options
    I'm sure the plans are in motion to close down every Yates and Oceania type nightclub across the land now so that there are no alcohol related deaths anymore.
  • Options
    Had some great great nights in fabric over the years (not so much these days!), The Maccabees at fabric live being the highlight, along with Claude vonstroke.

Yes there were drugs (not me I might add) but it felt safe and it didn't seem any more prevalent than other venues I have been to up and down the country.

Massive shame, and as others have said-won't be surprised if MOS is shut down soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2016

'Needs' 'Addicted' 'Fucking Clown'

Really?!?! Have I hit a nerve here?

I did state that there are people who go clubbing that aren't drug users, sellers or want anything at all with drugs.

They're not the reason Fabric lost its license though.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Shutdown because they couldn't stop people abusing drugs on their site.

Seems fair but then I'm not a clubby type who needs pills, powders and herbal smokes to have a good night.

Just to clarify I understand there are other clubby types not addicted to drugs.

Either way I ain't one!

Never drunk booze in a club either ? Or are you in the club that thinks because alcohol is legal, that's it's not a drug ?
    Ha ha ha the news report I read said that class A's were rife in that place, dealers didn't even have to be discreet about it.

I don't know either way as I never went there.
  • Options

Had some great great nights in fabric over the years (not so much these days!), The Maccabees at fabric live being the highlight, along with Claude vonstroke.

Yes there were drugs (not me I might add) but it felt safe and it didn't seem any more prevalent than other venues I have been to up and down the country.

Massive shame, and as others have said-won't be surprised if MOS is shut down soon.

Cheers providing a sensible level of response. I can now start to develop more of an understanding of what Fabric was like.
  • Options
    Such a shame it has been shut. I never went as it's not really my scene but we have lost far too many music venues of the past decade or so that it really is having a detrimental impact on the city. Corruption and greed are far too common now and everyone in power is determined to turn every building into luxury apartments or pander to anyone who has bought a luxury apartment. What happens if the money ever dries up and no one wants these anymore? Hard to keep attractiong the same numbers of people to your area if it's nothing but empty residential buildings.
  • Options
    Jints said:

LuckyReds said:

What do you mean? Crossrail has already acquired all the land it needs for the scheme in Central London including in Farringdon. Crossrail 2 goes nowhere near the area

Correct and Farringdon station is in one of the most advance stages to completion on the project.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

So did he go to fabric then?

No but apparently his mother worked in fabric...
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Dazzler21 said:

Cheers providing a sensible level of response. I can now start to develop more of an understanding of what Fabric was like.
    I would suggest that, if you wanted a sensible level of response, you shouldn't have come onto this thread in the manner that you did.

You said you found it fair because you're "not a clubby type who needs pills, powders and herbal smokes to have a good night". Now, to me that seems like you're suggesting that because some people on this thread found it unfair then they must "need" all those things. Even then, if it were true, what gives you the right to judge from your high horse.

You came on here for a reaction with that comment - you got one.
    And that's where assumptions make an ass of u and me.

It solely comes down to one thing for me...

If a club/pub or otherwise can't manage (they'll never completely eradicate) the amount of illegal drugs being bought sold and used on their premises, they're not being responsible and should imo be shut down or at least forced to work to improve on it...

If any law abiding citizen were to disagree with that I'd be dissapointed but not at all surprised.

I'll admit it is unfair on those that used to attend. But it's completely fair imo against the owners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Dazzler21 said:

I would suggest that, if you wanted a sensible level of response, you shouldn't have come onto this thread in the manner that you did.

You said you found it fair because you're "not a clubby type who needs pills, powders and herbal smokes to have a good night". Now, to me that seems like you're suggesting that because some people on this thread found it unfair then they must "need" all those things. Even then, if it were true, what gives you the right to judge from your high horse.

Leave him alone, he's on a comedown
    The immodium man... It's good for your shiiiiits.
  • Options

perhaps you should have just said nothing

He did just say no
  • Options

JaShea99 said:

I can't believe it stayed open as long as it did when everyone knew what was going on there.

Yeah, all those people, listening to music, having a good time.

It's a f****** joke.
    What? I don't know whether this is sarcasm or not or what your point is. I never said it was a good thing - I've got mates who go there. I'm just saying it's amazing it wasn't investigated or shut down earlier given that the club was so well known for drugs.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I work up the road from fabric.

The plans for Farringdon in the not too distant future are huge. Its set to be the central hub of London once the crossrail line opens.

Fabric going was inevitable. The market won't be too far behind.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

CAFCsayer said:

Dazzler21 said:

So much so that it comes out of your mouth aswell
  • Options
    Fabric was quality I blame brexit
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    CAFCsayer said:

Dazzler21 said:

CAFCsayer said:

Dazzler21 said:

So much so that it comes out of your mouth aswell
    Getting a bit nasty now aren't ya!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I am glad I had the chance to go some legendary night clubs before they were closed. Final Frontier ( Club Uk ) in Wandsworth, Turnmills, Bagleys to name a few plus a few of the more grungier gigs like the 121 in Railton Road, Brixton and Kriss Kross. Getting sentimental now. Great days!
  • Options
    Might be a blessing in disguise. Apparently Katrien is gutted now and is rethinking whether it's worth staying in London any longer.