Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fabric

1235»

Comments

• Options
    JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

I can't believe it stayed open as long as it did when everyone knew what was going on there.

Yeah, all those people, listening to music, having a good time.

It's a f****** joke.
    What? I don't know whether this is sarcasm or not or what your point is. I never said it was a good thing - I've got mates who go there. I'm just saying it's amazing it wasn't investigated or shut down earlier given that the club was so well known for drugs.
    It wasn't 'well known' for drugs, it was a club that played underground music, of course people did drugs, trust me Fabric also did things to make it harder. A lot harder than other places, I remember once going into Hidden, had to take my shoes off, the bouncer saw my bag of bud and just waved me through. Wouldn't have happened at Fabric.
    Dazzler21 said:

'Needs' 'Addicted' 'Fucking Clown'

Really?!?! Have I hit a nerve here?

I did state that there are people who go clubbing that aren't drug users, sellers or want anything at all with drugs.

They're not the reason Fabric lost its license though.
    You didn't hit a nerve, I live in the goldren triangle, Fabric closing doesn't really matter to me.

Do you really think people 'need' to take a pill, or can be addicted, in my experience the last thing people want after a night on it, is another bloody pill!
    Yes it was well known for drugs! It clearly was. How can you deny that? I don't know why people are getting so defensive on this thread. I'm not anti drugs at all and no one's saying whether it's right or wrong but I don't know how people can deny how rife Fabric was for drug taking.
    Fabric isn't well known because of being rife with drugs, it's because it's one of, if not the most respected dance music venues in the UK. Its popularity within the scene makes people more aware of the drug culture within dance music. It's probably got no more drug takers per person within its walls than a house venue in any other city in the country.
  • Options

JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

I can't believe it stayed open as long as it did when everyone knew what was going on there.

Yeah, all those people, listening to music, having a good time.

It's a f****** joke.
    What? I don't know whether this is sarcasm or not or what your point is. I never said it was a good thing - I've got mates who go there. I'm just saying it's amazing it wasn't investigated or shut down earlier given that the club was so well known for drugs.
    It wasn't 'well known' for drugs, it was a club that played underground music, of course people did drugs, trust me Fabric also did things to make it harder. A lot harder than other places, I remember once going into Hidden, had to take my shoes off, the bouncer saw my bag of bud and just waved me through. Wouldn't have happened at Fabric.
    Dazzler21 said:

'Needs' 'Addicted' 'Fucking Clown'

Really?!?! Have I hit a nerve here?

I did state that there are people who go clubbing that aren't drug users, sellers or want anything at all with drugs.

They're not the reason Fabric lost its license though.
    You didn't hit a nerve, I live in the goldren triangle, Fabric closing doesn't really matter to me.

Do you really think people 'need' to take a pill, or can be addicted, in my experience the last thing people want after a night on it, is another bloody pill!
    Yes it was well known for drugs! It clearly was. How can you deny that? I don't know why people are getting so defensive on this thread. I'm not anti drugs at all and no one's saying whether it's right or wrong but I don't know how people can deny how rife Fabric was for drug taking.
    Fabric isn't well known because of being rife with drugs, it's because it's one of, if not the most respected dance music venues in the UK. Its popularity within the scene makes people more aware of the drug culture within dance music. It's probably got no more drug takers per person within its walls than a house venue in any other city in the country.
    I imagine it's popularity lowers the percentage.
  • Options
    Ok. Agree to disagree then I suppose.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Ok. Agree to disagree then I suppose.

I agree with what you're saying mate but it's known for it through no fault of its own.
  • Options
    No I'm sure it isn't. I wasn't blaming the club at any point.
  • Options
    Brilliant News
  • Options
    imagine the queueing to get in now, their door search policy is going to be like when you're getting on a plane
  • Options
    Was just thinking tother day, what's Mayor Khan actually done since winning mayorship, apart from act in Citizen Khan?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh god
  • Options

Was just thinking tother day, what's Mayor Khan actually done since winning mayorship, apart from act in Citizen Khan?

Slashed the TFL budget, staff assaults running at over 2000 on LU since the closure of ticket offices and staff cuts.
  • Options

Oh god

Great contribution once again. Do you currently play in our central midfield?
  • Options
    Great news. Really good stuff from Sadiq to make this happen. The peoples mayor.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Oh god

Great contribution once again. Do you currently play in our central midfield?
    Whose? Arsenal's?
  • Options
    PR stunt
  • Options
    dizzee said:

PR stunt

Fabric has never been short on visitors or income.

Good news, we have a great club scene here and can take it for granted. I went to Berlin recently, the dance music capital, and was shocked by the pretentious door policies everywhere. London is more inclusive and has more diverse music, Fabric has always been the champion of that.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

dizzee said:

PR stunt

Fabric has never been short on visitors or income.

Good news, we have a great club scene here and can take it for granted. I went to Berlin recently, the dance music capital, and was shocked by the pretentious door policies everywhere. London is more inclusive and has more diverse music, Fabric has always been the champion of that.
    Might have misread it but he possibly means from Sadiq Khan
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So you have to be 19 or older to get in ! Is that serious. Problem solved now the 18 year olds are banned !

Sadiq Khan down with kids !

• Options
    So it was that simple? Up the age restrictions by a few months? What's the difference between an 18 year old and a 19 year old anyway?
  • Options
    Oh good. Now I can go back and spend £12 on double vodka red bulls
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

So it was that simple? Up the age restrictions by a few months? What's the difference between an 18 year old and a 19 year old anyway?

All I can imagine was that this was done just to try and counter any potential public backlash about them given a licence back. We all know it's silly but Geoffrey and Mabel sitting in middle England can be told that the problem is being dealt with.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

About a year.
  • Options

BOOM

I know - great innit!