Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

County Championship 2016

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2016

Leuth said:

Not on the last day.

Sam Northeast going mental btw

Bloody hell, 178no at just over a run a ball!

Just noticed he took 30 (THIRTY) off a single Velani over (6,4,6,6,4,4)
    Just took 30 off one over. EDIT. You beat me to it!
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Not on the last day.

Sam Northeast going mental btw

Making the most of the "let's call it a day" bowling.
  • Options
    And now Kent have declared and the match is drawn. You'd have thought Sam would have said give me a couple more overs of buffet bowling so I can get my 200, then we'll all hit the bar!
  • Options
    Declared - match drawn.
  • Options
    Duckett has a signed a new 2 year contract with Northants.
  • Options
    Sangakkara signs new 1 year deal at Surrey
  • Options
    I'm sorry but HE is THE most ungainly international batsman I've ever seen. How he manages to mistime quite so many shots I will never know. And I'm not talking about Sam Northeast.
  • Options

I'm sorry but HE is THE most ungainly international batsman I've ever seen. How he manages to mistime quite so many shots I will never know. And I'm not talking about Sam Northeast.

Told yer.
  • Options
    98-4
  • Options
    So Yorkshire become king-makers. Do they chase the win (needing 8 and over with 6 wickets left) and potentially hand the title to Middlesex, or do they weigh anchor and hand it to Somerset?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is amazing stuff though - the whole season could go to the final ball.
  • Options
    101-4

139 needed off 17 overs
  • Options
    Bresnan dropped & hits the next 2 balls for 6 & 4.
  • Options
    If Yorkshire resign to defeat and start blocking. Would Middlesex then employ buffet bowling to make Yorkshire think they're still in it, and therefore start playing shots again?
  • Options
    The main thing is that the wife's happy - took her shopping and out for lunch but suggested we come back for a few hours before we head off to the theatre.

I'm not too disappointed either ;-)
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Bresnan at it again.
  • Options

Bresnan at it again.

Wicket to happyvalley!
  • Options
    Bresnan gone 55

153-5 87 req'd off 10.1 overs.
  • Options
    Please be a draw

• Options

Bresnan at it again.

And then he's gone, out for LBW for 55 from 48 balls
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    exciting end to season. Going to be very close
  • Options
    Middlesex quite likely to win it as I cant see Yorks giving up the chase but demanding target. Great to see a good crowd there
  • Options
    Still not clear if Middlesex can claim an extra half hour should they winkle out a couple more Yorkshire wickets in the remaining minimum 9 overs
  • Options
    Come on admit it - has anyone else posted something miles after the event having forgotten that you had previously paused the Sky+ button?
  • Options
    160-6
  • Options
    It very much looks like it's going to be Middlesex.

or Somerset

or Yorkshire.
  • Options

Still not clear if Middlesex can claim an extra half hour should they winkle out a couple more Yorkshire wickets in the remaining minimum 9 overs

That isn't an option because the maximum number of overs will have been bowled in the day i.e. 96 less a couple for between innings.
  • Options

Here's a question - is there a point at which Yorkshire will accept that they cannot win the game and therefore the title? If the answer is "no" then Somerset cannot win the title whereas at any other time Yorkshire would be doing their best to draw if they can't win the game.

We will find the answer to this shortly.
  • Options
    Yorkshire can't win now.
    Looking good for Somerset
  • Options
    Somerset 1.5
    Middlesex 2.8
    Yorkshire 20.0