Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scunthorpe vs Charlton: Post match views

Straight from the match thread into the post match views. Look forward to hearing from those there. For me that's only a decent point should we follow it up with a win on Saturday

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:

Straight from the match thread into the post match views. Look forward to hearing from those there. For me that's only a decent point should we follow it up with a win on Saturday

I said exactly the same following Fleetwood. We followed it up with a loss.

It's only a decent point if we win on Saturday.
  • Options
    That would have been a decent point had we won on Saturday... It'll be a decent point like you say if we can beat Oxford yet consistent is not in our dictionary since Roland took over
  • Options
    Good point... just seen Makienok has scored twice for Preston!!
  • Options
    Sounds like we should have won and it was an improved performance. Bauer making a difference. Got to take our chances tho, becoming frustrating in front of goal.
  • Options
    Cant wait to see the Highlights from the match ;)
  • Options
    As above, in isolation, a 0-0 draw away at the league leaders without one of our star players is a positive, if we'd have won on Saturday it would be a positive, if we win against Oxford its a positive, if we don't we're winless in four and struggling. Time will tell.
  • Options
    Listened on the radio - but a bit fed up with all the fishy stuff. Sounded like we edged it and probably should have won. Think Brussell needs to plan his subs a bit better. Botaka should have been on a earlier and maybe Hanlan to replace (what sounded like) a tiring Magennis.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Good point... just seen Makienok has scored twice for Preston!!

Move on...he has! :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Delighted that we picked up a good point and a clean sheet against this years league winners IMO.

However, up to 4 without a win now. Need to follow this up with a win on Saturday.

• Options
    We're still 14th.
  • Options

Still only 2 points off the relegation places.

Do you hear me, Golfie?

;o)
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Good to see Bauer back, well earned point. Please, please, please let's build on this.

Did anyone pass on their apologies for not being in attendance?
  • Options
    I'm not convincing myself a draw with Scunthorpe is a good result. How many games without a win now? How many points off the relegation places are we? Going backwards again.
  • Options
    Sounds like we played well and had chances to win it.

Bauer and Jacko back which is good news.

Still, the table doesn't lie. That was our game in hand and we're 14th.

Early days but so far the report is "must do better"

• Options
    Thought we had a side that would be full of goals. The complete opposite seems to true. That's a major concern. We let in 1 and we can not win and are likely to lose.
  • Options
    On the positive a clean sheet against them is respectable.

Worryingly though we seem devoid of creativity, particularly if Holmes isn't playing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Top 6 budget everyone, how weak must other squads be with smaller budgets, we struggle the second we have to make changes
  • Options

Thought we had a side that would be full of goals. The complete opposite seems to true. That's a major concern. We let in 1 and we can not win and are likely to lose.

Which one of Crofts and Foley is screaming goals at you?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    se9addick said:

On the positive a clean sheet against them is respectable.

Worryingly though we seem devoid of creativity, particularly if Holmes isn't playing.

Agreed ...having said that, Holmes played Saturday and we lost
  • Options
    Millwall are going to destroy us.
  • Options
    I have to say we probably just shaded it having listened in radio, what gives me hope is the matches we are drawing we could easily won and the Wimbledon match we could easily have won, with exception to the Bury game where we clearly weren't ready I don't think anyone has been clearly better than us this season. Our next three home games against Oldham, rochdale and Coventry will be vital as they seem to be struggling this season, we need to get one of our Strikers on a bit of a run and the defence will look after its self.
  • Options
    A decent point. I don't know how much the clean sheet is down to Bauer, or whether it's down to the more defensive/negative midfield in front of the defence
  • Options

Millwall are going to destroy us.

They might beat us, but they won't destroy us. I'd be surprised if any side beats us by more than the 2 goals which Bury did on the opening day.
  • Options
    With the way things currently are it's gotta be seen as a good result. Sounds like we played some good stuff and had quite a few good chances to get a goal. Still I'm sure we failed to score because the Scunny keeper was on the top of his game and had a one off worldly performance as opposed to us not taking our chances.
  • Options

A decent point. I don't know how much the clean sheet is down to Bauer, or whether it's down to the more defensive/negative midfield in front of the defence

Beat me to it!
    Think the game plan was to make sure we got the clean sheet- anything else was a bonus...
    Point is probably fair on the stats view of it (am I turning into mr.driesen?) but we do seem all fart and no shit!