Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scunthorpe vs Charlton: Post match views

1235»

Comments

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

---------------------Rudd
    Solly ------ BFG ---- Pearce ---- Fox
    --------Ulverston - Jacko
    Botany ------ Holmes ---- Lookman
    ------------Maggenis/Ajose

Next game please

There are twelve players in that team?
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

Next game please

Great tactic if no-one spots it
    Yeah but we dont have Stevie Wonder as Ref on Saturday
  • Options
    edited September 2016

CAFCsayer said:

Next game please

Great tactic if no-one spots it
    Yeah but we dont have Stevie Wonder as Ref on Saturday
    I'd rather have had SW than the one last night and at Fleetwood he couldn't have done any worse
    :wink: .
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

Next game please

Solly and Lookman are only half sized, so make up one player between them :smile:
  • Options
    A positive for me is that at least we're creating chances. Could (should) have won the last 2 games apart from that. Surely they're going to start going in.

Agree with others about Botaka starting. He seems to be a live wire who creates chances.

Apart from that it's early days. Last Saturday was a shocker but I feel cautiously optimistic that we have the players/squad to be challenging near the top.

I do think Slade is too cautious with his subbing though. That was plainly clear last Saturday in my opinion.
  • Options
    Rob said:

A positive for me is that at least we're creating chances. Could (should) have won the last 2 games apart from that. Surely they're going to start going in.

Agree with others about Botaka starting. He seems to be a live wire who creates chances.

Apart from that it's early days. Last Saturday was a shocker but I feel cautiously optimistic that we have the players/squad to be challenging near the top.

I do think Slade is too cautious with his subbing though. That was plainly clear last Saturday in my opinion.

This. I'd be more concerned if weren't creating chances. We are, and the goals will come.

I'm still fairly confident we'll be in the top 6.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Good to make both your and Mr F's acquaintance yesterday @Fanny Fanackapan the prematch meal and chat was most enjoyable helping the wait for KO to pass quickly.

Hope your journey home wasn't too arduous, sounds like you dodged a bullet as the coach had an extra 45 mins on the journey diverting off the M25. We too had a diversion to contend with but was still home before the horses turned to mice thanks to Jenson Button :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Blimey that hotel bed must have been lumpy, I think you meant bring on Oxford come on Charlton :wink: .
  • Options
    It was more to do with the mold growing on my clothes, no stuff in the bathroom, and a shower that was impossible to control! But you're right the bed was hard, with the springs pushing into your side.

Yes, half a bottle of red wine doesn't help, quite right BRING ON OXFORD, come on Charlton!
  • Options

At the match. Slade set up for the draw and he got it. Scunthorpe started really well, played the ball around nicely for the first 20 minutes. I thought it was going to be a miserable evening. But Charlton grew throughout the match and were fairly dominant by the end.

You felt that if Slade had maybe changed it up earlier, Scunthorpe were there for the taking, equally, the team were playing well. Maybe Ulvestad and Foley were a bit anonymous and candidates to come off. Saying all that, I would have taken 0-0 before the match, Scunthorpe are a decent team and have been scoring for fun lately.

Defensively we were very solid, but we lacked any creativity going forward. Often resorting to pumping it to a very isolated Magennis. He won a lot a battles but actually impressed me with his feet. He seems to have great awareness of bringing a player into the attack with a pass into space. Think we are going to struggle a bit in that area again this year, it is the same problem as last year. Lookman was quality, Scunthorpe just couldn't handle him. Good to see the BFG back. Thought crofts was very tidy and cleaned up a few potential dangerous moments.

As to the incident, both were clearly inebriated and the younger guy had been swearing all match. I agree the older gent did himself no favours, but the younger guy went for him first, trying to leap over seats including a kid no older than ten a couple of rows down, after being told to shut up in the most ironic fashion. The police should have done more the first time it kicked off, as it was clearly going to be words at the end again.

I was right next to it the younger guy only went for him once he had been grabbed round the throat.

Were you the bloke with the really decent looking camera?
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

At the match. Slade set up for the draw and he got it. Scunthorpe started really well, played the ball around nicely for the first 20 minutes. I thought it was going to be a miserable evening. But Charlton grew throughout the match and were fairly dominant by the end.

You felt that if Slade had maybe changed it up earlier, Scunthorpe were there for the taking, equally, the team were playing well. Maybe Ulvestad and Foley were a bit anonymous and candidates to come off. Saying all that, I would have taken 0-0 before the match, Scunthorpe are a decent team and have been scoring for fun lately.

Defensively we were very solid, but we lacked any creativity going forward. Often resorting to pumping it to a very isolated Magennis. He won a lot a battles but actually impressed me with his feet. He seems to have great awareness of bringing a player into the attack with a pass into space. Think we are going to struggle a bit in that area again this year, it is the same problem as last year. Lookman was quality, Scunthorpe just couldn't handle him. Good to see the BFG back. Thought crofts was very tidy and cleaned up a few potential dangerous moments.

As to the incident, both were clearly inebriated and the younger guy had been swearing all match. I agree the older gent did himself no favours, but the younger guy went for him first, trying to leap over seats including a kid no older than ten a couple of rows down, after being told to shut up in the most ironic fashion. The police should have done more the first time it kicked off, as it was clearly going to be words at the end again.

I was right next to it the younger guy only went for him once he had been grabbed round the throat.

Ha ha no
  • Options

jamescafc said:

Ha ha no
    Did Eubank and Benn resolve their differences in the end?
  • Options

jamescafc said:

Ha ha no
    Did Eubank and Benn resolve their differences in the end?
    No rematch on pay per view soon.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Unfortunately a two man midfield just exposes us.

It would really be a four or five man midfield when you defend.

Botaka--Ulvestad - Jacko-----Lookman
    ---------------------Holmes
    -------------------Magennis
  • Options
    The league isn't that strong and there for the taking , as many have said getting excited about a point at Scunny shows the depth of our decline

1% Top two ......... 23% 3rd-6th ......... 60% 7th-12th ......... 16% 13th-20th ........ 0% relegation
  • Options
    Who is BFG?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nadou said:

Who is BFG?

Ok I'll take the whoosh for the team Bauer; Big effing German.
  • Options
    Thanks - all you people ITK using your acronyms to befuddle the rest of us!
  • Options
    Nadou said:

Just realised that KFF played as well.

Kevin Fu*cking Foley.
  • Options

Nadou said:

Just realised that KFF played as well.

Kevin Fu*cking Foley.
    I thought it was KFC.