Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oxford v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    cafc4life said:

Oh and by the way , this car park is absolute AIDS. Haven't moved an inch in 20 mins.
    Gonna be home about Wednesday if this carries on and the M25 was as filth as it was this morning

At least you'll miss Tuesdays game then ;-)

Only caught the end of the 2nd half. Slade has two big home games coming up otherwise he'll have alot more fans on his back.
  • Options
    Magennis might as well have been in the car park. He held the ball up well, look to play it off? Nothing.
    You play 451 if you want Slade, but you will get the same shit time and time again
  • Options
    A disappointing performance, especially from Slade, with his ultra-defensive approach. We were static and unimaginative in midfield (as usual) and Magennis was isolated up front. Why Slade felt he had to pack the midfield against Oxford is beyond me - the game was crying out for Novak as a second striker.

Oxford moved the ball better than us in midfield but were relatively toothless up front until they brought on a second half substitute who troubled us and set up their goal. Apart from the penalty, Lookman had a decent effort well saved by the goalie in the first half and Magennis had a header tipped onto the bar after a great cross from Ricky Holmes. That was about it.

A few players put in a decent shift - notably, Holmes when he came on - but it was, for the most part, pretty poor fare.

Alas, I fear we are in for a season of mid-table mediocrity. As for Russell Slade, he really does need to have a serious think about his tactics. I think his honeymoon period is rapidly drawing to a close and three points on Tuesday are a must.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

cafc4life said:

Oh and by the way , this car park is absolute AIDS. Haven't moved an inch in 20 mins.
    Gonna be home about Wednesday if this carries on and the M25 was as filth as it was this morning

At least you'll miss Tuesdays game then ;-)

Only caught the end of the 2nd half. Slade has two big home games coming up otherwise he'll have alot more fans on his back.
    Agreed, If he doesn't start winning the home games, this could also be playing out nicely for the regime; Rusty sacked before Christmas and a 'you got your wish for a British manager, didn't work so we're replacing him with Nobby Vinegar' proclamation.
  • Options

Let's be honest, this squad (by Division 1 standards) should be in the top 6 without any problems. How many teams at this level have forwards like Magennis, Novak, Lookman and Ajose?

Instead, tonight we stand 16th in the table, 3 points off a relegation spot.

You've got to ask yourself why? And sadly, I'm beginning to think that RS with his current team selections is as big an idiot as all the other Douchbag appointments. (OK not as bad as Carol but who could be?)

This club is rotten from top to bottom at the moment. Anyone who can't see that is deluded. And anyone who continues to support the regime is just continuing the agony.

It's time to restart the protests. Big time.

And just ****off Douchbag and Squirell Face.

Agree, but Slade won't go for a while yet... Him leaving will be seen as a 'fans win' by the board and we can't be having that can we!

• Options
    Network stooge Riga took 11 points from his last 10 Championship games.

Brussell has 11 from his first 9 in L1.

Happily Meire can still make her claim that every new coach has been an improvement on the last.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3 points out of 12 so far in September, relegation form even though some will say no doubt that all is good as unbeaten in 3 away from home. We're on a downward trajectory already this season and I wish I had faith that Slade can turn it round, sadly I don't.
  • Options
    Tedious dross. Defensive negative crap. Clear from 20mins in they were there for the taking. We kept the ball and created nothing. I was bored out of my brains for 90mins. Those tactics will get us nowhere.
  • Options
    Well done Brussell by the sounds.

Tried to quarterise my open Charlton wounds by watching Blackheath beat Coventry 32-5 but still hurts... GET OUT OF OUR CLUB!!!
  • Options
    Looks like a mid table season......................
  • Options
    We played 4-5-1 with Bailey on the left under Parky because we lacked options up front and had some decent midfielders. Compared to that we have better options up front and out wide. For what reason are we playing that system now?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This league is so poor. Average teams full
    HandG said:

Really? Novak is a couple of stone overweight and Lennon was our best player today.

Left with 30 seconds to go and have just seen that Lennon got a red card! Still thought he and Bauer were our best players today.....

Can't be arsed saying much more about the game other than to say that we look very much at home in league one.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

We played 4-5-1 with Bailey on the left under Parky because we lacked options up front and had some decent midfielders. Compared to that we have better options up front and out wide. For what reason are we playing that system now?

And that is a blooming good question.

No doubt RS will waffle away at his press conference and try and justify it. I fear he might struggle to do so.
  • Options
    Defensive 4-5-1 away to Oxford

We are storming this league
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Because Slade is a glass half full, cautious manager. Doesn't have a plan b and it's becoming quite clear why none of his 22 years as a manager have produced a successful season. Astonishing really. He starts every game protecting the point he already has. Will be going nowhere fast with him.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Holmes on was the right move but he should have been playing with Lookman not instead of. Oxford were there for the taking ... two points dropped unnecessarily
  • Options

Scoham said:

Because Slade is a glass half full, cautious manager. Doesn't have a plan b and it's becoming quite clear why none of his 22 years as a manager have produced a successful season. Astonishing really. He starts every game protecting the point he already has. Will be going nowhere fast with him.

We will. The Second Division.
  • Options

The writing was on the wall in the summer. The recruitment was nowhere near good enough.

The players we have should be doing better than this. We've seen wasted chances and the last two games we've seen a very negative starting line up.
  • Options
    Has Slade come out with an inspiring post-match interview?