Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oxford v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    vffvff
    edited September 2016

When we were relegated in 72 I recall that we were in the bottom half of div 3 for most of the second season down there. So well done you Belgian tossers you are up there with Gliksten at his worse.

72 was a relegation season from the old division two. In League One Charlton finished 11th in 72/73 season and 14th in 73/74 before promotion in the 74/75 season.

Charlton have for the most part been a division 2 / Championship club with some spells in the top division. Only a few seasons in league 3. The worst season being 21 in 1925/26 season just 20 years after being formed. Under Duchaterelt and Meire Charlton are managing to touch the lowest league levels of where the team is historically.

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/charlton-athletic/history

(Edited @Harry Gregory )
  • Options

At London Bridge. No change in opinion. Absolute crap.

Don't jump fella! It's never that bad.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

_MrDick said:

Didn't go ... 50% mid table mediocrity 50% Relegation looms

Hang on. We already have someone who does percentages for us. We don't need any more fault lines in the support.
    55% chance of @Uboat finding 2+ fault lines in next week, 40% chance of @Uboat finding one fault line in next week, 15% @Uboat finding no fault lines
  • Options
    masicat said:

cafc4life said:

Lennon is shite. Another result down to the manager . Bald prick

I'm bald you wanker.
    Yes,but are you a better manager?
  • Options
    If you play Crofts, Jackson and Foley in the starting line up, you are playing for a draw from the start.
    If he doesn't show more ambition in the next 2 home games, this season will die of boredom.
    Any 2 from Holmes, Lookman or Botaka should be on the field for 90 minutes.
    Any one else see the the irony in, let's all laugh at Millwall ?

• Options
    Went yesterday and watched 90 mins of uninspiring shite, just read through this thread and pretty much everything has been covered.
    SLADE really is fucking clueless playing one upfront and hitting long balls all game just isn't good enough.
    With the players we have got we really should be doing much better, If we fail to get six points from our next two games then i fear that this is going to be a very mediocre season
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Wasn't very impressed with Oxford's crowd and their stewarding terrible with clearly too many away fans in the area provided.

The Oxford stewards seemed to me to be doing a decent job....the problem was our own selfish fans who insisted on "sitting where you want".

Yesterday was awful for me as I had my 10 year old Daughter with me. We were in row BB and had all that standing and jostling with the stewards in front of us. She was scared and crying and the stewards could see this, asked if she was ok and subsequently moved us to the front.

Unfortunately, at the front we sat next to some teenage fans who were clearly frustrated (as much as everyone) at the way we were playing. Just shouting out the same inane rubbish using every expletive possible in front of many young fans isn't going to help matters at all. Then slamming the seats in time to the singing or just in frustration really grinds away at you too. My little girl was paying no attention to the match as she just didn't want to be there....she didn't celebrate the goal and Jacko is/was her favourite player!

Now my daughter never wants to go to a match again......thanks guys, thanks a lot, hope you enjoyed it.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lee Novak = Pavel Abbott.

Or is it Pavel Novak.?
    Total donkey in the RoJo mould.
  • Options

jamescafc said:

Wasn't very impressed with Oxford's crowd and their stewarding terrible with clearly too many away fans in the area provided.

The Oxford stewards seemed to me to be doing a decent job....the problem was our own selfish fans who insisted on "sitting where you want".

Yesterday was awful for me as I had my 10 year old Daughter with me. We were in row BB and had all that standing and jostling with the stewards in front of us. She was scared and crying and the stewards could see this, asked if she was ok and subsequently moved us to the front.

Unfortunately, at the front we sat next to some teenage fans who were clearly frustrated (as much as everyone) at the way we were playing. Just shouting out the same inane rubbish using every expletive possible in front of many young fans isn't going to help matters at all. Then slamming the seats in time to the singing or just in frustration really grinds away at you too. My little girl was paying no attention to the match as she just didn't want to be there....she didn't celebrate the goal and Jacko is/was her favourite player!

Now my daughter never wants to go to a match again......thanks guys, thanks a lot, hope you enjoyed it.

It's football mate
  • Options

Lee Novak = Pavel Abbott.

Or is it Pavel Novak.?
    Total donkey in the RoJo mould.

I half get where you're coming from. However, Personally think he needs a run of games, injury and illness haven't really helped him.

Magennis and Ajose have had that run of games and mustered 3 goals. I personally would go expansive and have Lookman and Holmes wide with Novak and Ajose up front. Magennis in the team doesn't really do it for me.

We just set ourselves up in a manor that is too safe. It's actually tedious to watch.

Ultimately, midfield is a massive problem we can't keep on with Crofts and Foley involved. I lost count yesterday at the amount of times we get past the half way line and the immediate reaction was to look for a pass backwards.

I really question Slade. Some of his team selection are bizarre. Lennon instead of Konsa yesterday? Not starting Holmes? - if he's fit enough to be sub, then he must me fit enough to start. Take him of after an hour if anything.
  • Options

Currently in the midst of what I suspect is some kind of stomach virus as the world falls out of my arse and the 40th load of fizzy chocolate blasts out as I write this.

The fact this is not the low point of my day says how dogshit Charlton Athletic are. Absolute bunch of cockstains.

It must be said today has been one to forget.

Glad I just finished my breakfast.....
  • Options
    vff said:

When we were relegated in 72 I recall that we were in the bottom half of div 3 for most of the second season down there. So well done you Belgian tossers you are up there with Gliksten at his worse.

@Harry Gregory , your memory is deceiving you there, that or the Sherry.

72 was a relegation season from the old division two. In League One Charlton finished 11th in 72/73 season and 14th in 73/74 before promotion in the 74/75 season.

Charlton have for the most part been a division 2 / Championship club with some spells in the top division. Only a few seasons in league 3. The worst season being 21 in 1925/26 season just 20 years after being formed. Under Duchaterelt and Meire Charlton are managing to touch the lowest league levels of where the team is historically.

My memory isn't deceiving me I stated that in our second season down after relegation we spent most of it in the bottom half and as you say ended up 14th perhaps you have misread what I said.
  • Options

Haven't been to Oxford since Morse was a constable. As usual the social side was 90% of the match-day experience. Travelled on the CARD coach from Charlton - very pleasant, and expertly run by our delightful 84 years-young lady steward. Got back home to SE18 at 19.40 - easy-peasy. We had left SE7 at 11.00 and arrived at 13.45 - the club coach was not due to leave Charlton until 11.55 so Gawd knows what time they got to the game.

The Rustler and his coaching mates are mice. This is a talented group - just turn them loose, for crying out loud. Maginnis was so remote from his colleagues he was getting the ball by post. The table might be tight but all those points lost by timidity are lost forever. If we get caught out once in a while - which we were today anyway - then so be it, but at least we might get some better football and who knows, maybe even some excitement. Paddy Bauer striding forward and getting things moving - now that's a real footballer trying to play proper football.

Great post GHF. I admit I am part of your social circle and that if it was not for the social side I would have given up already this season. RS is so slow to make substitutions that it is barely worth bothering, and playing just one up front, when have we ever been so negative? Poor Josh was unlucky to have their keeper make a brilliant save to deny him the goal he deserves for having to work alone most of the match. Great to see Bauer again after so long, he makes a difference, and would be even better to see him alongside Tex at the back. Though it's not defence that's the problem, there's no creativity in midfield and we rarely look like scoring. We can't hold onto a lead and the only surprise yesterday was that we didn't throw it away completely like we did against Wimbledon last week. Come on Slade, you've signed forwards, use them!

Interesting that Curbs said on the football show last night that he couldn't offer any comfort to fans and that the owners of the club have decisions to make. There's only one they need to make, SELL UP, NOW!
    terrific sentiment .. BUT is there a queue of buyers or even a queue of one ? .. until we improve in footballing terms there will be little or no interest in buying a failing club for a price that would be acceptable to Duchatelet ..
    we MUST just keep hoping that on field performances keep improving enough to inject some interest from a VERY rich man/group .. and nowadays only VERY rich people are interested in buying a football club
  • Options
    Can't believe some are already calling to sack Slade.FFS anyone see where Wigan and Barnsley were at the same stage last season?
    Agree we should be playing a more expansive game but I also think we will get better.I would bring Ajose back and have Lookman and Holmes playing wide.Keep the faith it's still early days.Blackpool 72 where's my cab fare?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Brussel is the problem very surprised at line up, so negative.

Grandson was mascot today and royally looked after by Oxford, amongst other things visited the Directors lounge and were immediately approached and chatted to by the Oxford directors.

Meire and the Perks ignored us (although Grandson had his kit on so obviously Charlton supporters). Thats the difference between how a good club is run and Charlton. I really wish they would just go they are so up there own arses it hurts!

Thanks to the Charlton players for chatting to him and having a photo but a poor display on the pitch. To be fair think they were only playing to orders but it was dross.

Couldn't believe Holmes was not in starting line up and playing one up front with 20 to the next player is daft, no wonder Slade has never achieved anything in his managerial career.

Two home wins and a couple of performances now a must.

As some will know we used to use the KPS Suite which had a door into the Boardroom. I think I can remember only one occasion where Meire bothered to walk through that door and speak to her 'customers', who had all paid far too much to be in there. Even then she spoke to only pro-regime customers.

On one occasion, before the KPS Suite was moved to its present position, we were invited to eat in the Boardroom as a sweetener for the move to the current room. Meire didn't bother to speak to any of us on that occasion.
  • Options
    @Hartleypete I shouldn't be surprised by I am disgusted by that. Whenever I'm tempted to return to The Valley I think of Meire and her actions. That's further evidence that as well as being clueless and dishonest, she is classless and selfish.
  • Options
    trying to play highlights on sky and I get a blank screen
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited September 2016

vff said:

My memory isn't deceiving me I stated that in our second season down after relegation we spent most of it in the bottom half and as you say ended up 14th perhaps you have misread what I said.
    There is that possibility @Harry Gregory I picked up a very bad cold / flu as an added bonus from the Wimbledon game and my head is pounding. Your comment and the stats are showing that Duchatlelet is matching Charlton's lowest post war ebb.

As an aside, I looked up Harry Gregory, a Charlton midfielder from 1965 to 1971 who played 149 games and scored 24 goals, which is pretty good for a midfiielder. DId Harry Gregory play on the wing or through the centre ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Gregory_(footballer,_born_1943) Passed away this year in June.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

vff said:

This is am important point because we still have a minority yet sizable portion of our support that belive 'things have been worse' a year ago, two years ago that may have been true but today we find ourselves a game away from occupying the lowest league position in our history and playing in front of pre-Selhurst Valley crowds, something I never thought I would see again. The facts are telling us that, moving from the Valley aside, on the pitch and in the boardroom this is as bad as ut has ever been.
    100% This.

How anyone can defend them,say we are improving or claim they deserve more time is IMO have become part of the problem.
  • Options
    Pico said:

Haven't been to Oxford since Morse was a constable. As usual the social side was 90% of the match-day experience. Travelled on the CARD coach from Charlton - very pleasant, and expertly run by our delightful 84 years-young lady steward. Got back home to SE18 at 19.40 - easy-peasy. We had left SE7 at 11.00 and arrived at 13.45 - the club coach was not due to leave Charlton until 11.55 so Gawd knows what time they got to the game.

The Rustler and his coaching mates are mice. This is a talented group - just turn them loose, for crying out loud. Maginnis was so remote from his colleagues he was getting the ball by post. The table might be tight but all those points lost by timidity are lost forever. If we get caught out once in a while - which we were today anyway - then so be it, but at least we might get some better football and who knows, maybe even some excitement. Paddy Bauer striding forward and getting things moving - now that's a real footballer trying to play proper football.

GHF - It was great to see you on the coach but can I just stress that it was run by CAS Trust not CARD ? A CARD coach would be full of beach balls, coffins and unwashed trouble makers.
    Of course - had it indeed been a CARD coach it would only have been 2% full !!