Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oxford v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    WSS said:

After 9 League One games.

16/17: 11 points. 16th Slade
    11/12: 23 points. 1st Powell
    09/10: 23 points. 2nd Parkinson

Last year we had 10 points after 9 Championship league games.
  • Options
    Was at the game i think lol and just got home. Haven't read above but heres my soberly views.

Great day out and oxford fans are a great bunch.

First half dire and assumed we were playing. 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 or a system of combination of the above. Anyway first half was crap.

Second half we bossed the game and got a crazy penalty well dispatched and after that we assumed plain sailing. No aftrer a long throw from us they equalised.

Daft sending off seen worse go unpunished most weeks... 16th table doesn't lie.

• Options

Slade's football is shite. He's reactive not proactive. Make a positive change at 1-0 and we could kill the game. Instead..

Also strange scenes near where I was standing. One obviously pro-CARD supporter having a row with a bloke standing behind him for a good 20 mins. The bloke behind was obviously very upset that people were singing nasty songs about Roland and at one stage appeared to shout 'shut up' during an extremely loud rendition of 'just sell the club'. Clown.

Is irt the same idiof on the 19.01 home
  • Options

6 points from the next two home games are an absolute must.

The obvious team to start the next game (assuming Pearce is back)

Rudd
    Solly
    Fox
    Pearce
    Bauer
    Holmes
    Jackson
    Crofts
    Lookman
    Novak
    Magennis

We will get 1 point
  • Options
    That formation was more like 9 at the back and magennis up front for most of the game.
  • Options
    Now I have only seen 4 games this season. 2 at home v The Shrews and The Wombles plus today and Fleetwood.

The difference in both away games is very different in the way Rusty has set us up.

Fleetwood 4-4-2, with a change into a 4-3-3 when we were down twice in the game.

Today 4-5-1, until the 70th minute at 1-1 with Novak up front alongside Josh. (4-4-2)

If we are going to be a top 6 side this season, then Slade needs to take the game to the opposition, instead of being conservative like today. Take the game to the oppo, and let them worry about us, not the other way around.
  • Options
    Dire.

Why does Foley keep asking for the ball if he doesn't know what he's going to do with it when he gets it?
    What's the point of Lookman taking corners?
    How is that Bauer was more positive and regularly got further forward than Crofts and Foley?
    What's the point of playing one up front if the midfield get a nose bleed when they get into the final third and don't back him up?
    Why bring on Botaka if we're not going to pass the ball to him?

We got a lucky break with the pen and screwed it up.

Really looking forward to Tuesday ....
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Player wise: Bauer, Norweriegn Fred impressed, Josh did well up front on his Jack Jones for 70 mins. Bar the penalty, Jacko was non existent.

Great noise from the away end today. Plenty of getting behind the boys, with plenty of anti regime chants as well.

Slade did get the bird from a few away customers at the end as well
  • Options

Dire.

Why does Foley keep asking for the ball if he doesn't know what he's going to do with it when he gets it?
    What's the point of Lookman taking corners?
    How is that Bauer was more positive and regularly got further forward than Crofts and Foley?
    What's the point of playing one up front if the midfield get a nose bleed when they get into the final third and don't back him up?
    Why bring on Botaka if we're not going to pass the ball to him?

We got a lucky break with the pen and screwed it up.

Really looking forward to Tuesday ....

Like the user name :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5 pages and not one person has said, there goal came from Solly giving the ball away, love him but gave away the ball and we got done on the break, Baeur was good , Josh worked his nuts off, Norwegian guy was ok, but we have to play two up top. slade is a fat cunt who stands with his hands in his pocket, but not all bad, I spent the day watching the club I love, Ilove the badge end of.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Just at Kings Cross now, pathetic performance really, good support throughout and when we left Oxford at 8 still a fair few addicks milling about the town.

My biggest concern is the bland out of town stadium with only a frankie and bennies nearby we witnessed today would seem the perfect scenario for our grinning CEO.

I just cant put into words how little I am connected to my club, how being with mates on an away day is far more of an event than the game, its all very sad.

To be fair, being with mates and having a good drink has always been the best part of an away day.....
  • Options
    I can sum up that game in two words. Bang average.

In more than two words, no one was great, no one was crap. If I could be bothered to go on the player marks thread, everyone would get a 6. Had a draw written all over it after about 10mins.
  • Options

We're still in touch with the pack and should be in a great position for our push for 14th come spring.

Ah, but only if we are patient.
  • Options
    Really disappointed today. Exactly the same as Scunthorpe, the team we played were nowhere near as good as we expected. Fair play to Slade for setting us up to be nice and tight for the first 20 mins but he is so slow to react. Oxford were there for the taking today but we showed no desire to attack properly. I thought Josh M did a good job of holding the ball up but on countless occasions we lost the ball due to a lack of support.

Wasn't very impressed with Oxford's crowd and their stewarding terrible with clearly too many away fans in the area provided. Transport shite too.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Nug said:

Poor performance overall. Only one of Jackson, Crofts or Foley should be in at any one time and I'd always go for Jackson, the other two, steady as they are, have zero movement forward. Not impressed with Lennon his distribution always looks shaky. Novak shouldn't be playing he looked so far away from match fitness it was embarrassing. It's a paper thin squad so Slade doesn't have too many options. We'll be mid table all season unless he can find a way to play that brings the best out of Ajose. I like Magennis but he ain't gonna score many on his own.

I don't know that that is true. It's not the deepest of teams, but Slade started with four central midfielders today and left two wingers of true quality (one, Holmes, probably wasn't ready to start) on the bench. That may be true later in the season when injuries hit, but thus far we've been lucky.

I think it's really important to remember that Slade had a chance to completely rebuild much of the squad in the summer. He may not have gotten everyone/as many players as he wanted but he recruited three central midfielders to add to JJ that are much of a muchness. He's the one who has frozen Ba out, a player with faults but one who possesses a technique and drive that we desperately lack.

The fact that we got caught of the counter and lost our shape, and almost did so at various points after, is something you work on with coaching. The times we threw players forward--for throws and corners--we were then incredibly vulnerable on the counter. Those are the transitions you work on in training.

I just don't think Slade has anywhere to hide here. If we're not successful, that's on him. And if we're not successful and need to change managers, then we've let someone build an entire squad who the next manager may not feel comfortable with--and the cycle of the English manager "needing to build his own squad" could continue.
  • Options
    BR3red said:

Currently in the midst of what I suspect is some kind of stomach virus as the world falls out of my arse and the 40th load of fizzy chocolate blasts out as I write this.

The fact this is not the low point of my day says how dogshit Charlton Athletic are. Absolute bunch of cockstains.

It must be said today has been one to forget.

Too much info...
    Fair point.

Should have simply said absolute bunch of cocks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When we were relegated in 72 I recall that we were in the bottom half of div 3 for most of the second season down there. So well done you Belgian tossers you are up there with Gliksten at his worse.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    We were terrible. Never thought we would challenge for promotion. I am convinced we will finish in the bottom half.

Awful showing. Roland will never get another penny from me. Pathetic
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Really disappointed today. Exactly the same as Scunthorpe, the team we played were nowhere near as good as we expected. Fair play to Slade for setting us up to be nice and tight for the first 20 mins but he is so slow to react. Oxford were there for the taking today but we showed no desire to attack properly. I thought Josh M did a good job of holding the ball up but on countless occasions we lost the ball due to a lack of support.

Wasn't very impressed with Oxford's crowd and their stewarding terrible with clearly too many away fans in the area provided. Transport shite too.

Did you get that number 5 bus from the railway station to the ground? Absolute murder - went all round the houses, stopped every 10 metres to pick up and drop off locals, took 50 minutes to go 3 miles.

And I agree, the inside of that stand was far too pokey for the amount of fans there.
  • Options

The writing was on the wall in the summer. The recruitment was nowhere near good enough.

and when our new messiah was the cardiff manager oh no director of football BRUSSEL SLADE
  • Options
    Slade has no bollocks when it comes to trying to get a win away from home. How can thousands of people see that one up front isn't effective and he can't?

Oxford is a lovely town, and I already have a spectacular hangover
  • Options
    Right i think we played ok, not particularly well but ok. It was clear we needed a forward a forward along side Magennis after 5 minutes. I like Crofts i would drop Jackson and have Holmes, Lookman on the wing and Novak and Magennis up front.
    Slade poor tactics today but others are making us out to be worse than we are. Roland Out