Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ryder Cup

Comments

• Options
    Reed is a top player and backing him as US top scorer has helped ease the disappointment of Europe's impending defeat
  • Options

How can rose leave that match tying shot short?

Rose has been poor all weekend. Stenson carried him the first two days

• Options

If we win this it will be amazing.

And i've got a meeting with a Septic tomorrow. !
  • Options
    The Americans have played very well. Sometimes you just get outplayed.
  • Options

Reed is a top player and backing him as US top scorer has helped ease the disappointment of Europe's impending defeat

Likewise.
  • Options

If we win this it will be amazing.

We won't.
  • Options
    That Rickie Fowler's got odd eyebrows, hasn't he?
  • Options

Well, the Yanks are putting great...except Mickleson. Haha. Smug git.

Can you call Charlton useless please... He's 10 birdies deep now
  • Options
    First foursomes were the killer unfortunately - put the pressure on us and meant the US could play with a bit more freedom and confidence.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Can you call Charlton useless please
    ... He's 10 birdies deep now
    I suspect he already has once or twice!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Can you call Charlton useless please... He's 10 birdies deep now
    As soon as I posted that, the long putts started going in. Typical. I can't fecking stand Mickelson.

PS Charlton are useless.
    :smile:
  • Options
    Willett has had a horror 3 days.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

The Americans have played very well. Sometimes you just get outplayed.

Yep, ignoring the twats in the stands, they've played some great golf and sank nearly every single important putt.
  • Options

I'm predicting 17-11 or 18-10. Hope I'm completely wrong.

Sadly I wasn't!
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Wonder how much his brothers comments and the backlash effected him?

• Options
    cafckev said:

iamdan said:

Can't have helped but to be fair he's played like a prick since he won the masters
  • Options
    The Americans have been brilliant. I didn't think they had the "bottle" but was very wrong.

Shame we couldn't field Knox, Casey and Poulter as they may have made the difference.

Wonder if the European Tour will now reconsider their stance.
  • Options
    USA rarely missed a putt

Fair play, brilliant golf - very well played.

As for Blubba Watson... Really?? WTAF??
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Knox and Casey (and possibly Lowry) nstead of Sullivan, Fitzpatrick, willett or Westwood might have made a difference but overall our strength in depth is not what it was a year or two ago. Pieters is a new star but outside the top four or five we are struggling as some of the older guys tail off. The likes of Dubuisson and Donaldson just haven't kicked on. And much as I like him, I think Clarke has been a relatively poor captain
  • Options

cafckev said:

iamdan said:

Can't have helped but to be fair he's played like a prick since he won the masters
    Played 54 holes, won 2 - tragic golf.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a performance from Pieters - played 5 won 4 and the only match he lost was the first when partnering Westwood.

A Westwood who contrived to lose all three of his matches with his single's performance when 2 up with 3 to play the pinnacle.
  • Options
    Bollocks
  • Options
    Thought we gave it a real go today and for a while it looked possible, but it was always going to be an uphill battle after the first session, and you have to give the Yanks some credit. Reed in particular was outstanding for them whilst rookies Pieters & Cabrera-Bello were outstanding for Europe. Great entertainment as always, roll on Paris 2018.
  • Options
    Feel a bit for Westwood as he's been taking a lot of stick, unfairly so in my opinion.

21 points before this weekend I believe and essential experience given how many rookies on the team.

He hasn't played great but that can said of a few. Too many people linking his selection to his friendship with Clarke.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Feel a bit for Westwood as he's been taking a lot of stick, unfairly so in my opinion.

21 points before this weekend I believe and essential experience given how many rookies on the team.

He hasn't played great but that can said of a few. Too many people linking his selection to his friendship with Clarke.

He was linked because that was exactly what was the case. He was 2 up and 3 to play and lost...and choked on his putt last night. Overall not why we lost but should not have been there imo
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

I do feel for him and it's a shame that this will tarnish his record but there is no doubt that he was only selected because he was Clarke's big mate and the captains hand was forced by having a large number of rookies qualifying automatically. But on form alone there is no way Westwood should have been on the team.
  • Options
    Fair play to the US. Made the important putts and fully deserved it.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

The Americans have been brilliant. I didn't think they had the "bottle" but was very wrong.

Shame we couldn't field Knox, Casey and Poulter as they may have made the difference.

Wonder if the European Tour will now reconsider their stance.

Only Casey was ineligible . Knox could have been picked and poulter was injured
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    As frustrating as it is, especially when their fans are complete bell ends you just got to hold your hands up and say "well played". The Americans made every important putt and too many of ours didn't. Excellent golf.
  • Options
    The better team won....end of.
    All my fears about the European team came true I'm sad to say
    Westwood past his best
    Fitzpatrick and Sullivan shows how bad the European tour is for them to even qualify
    Willett right place at the right time as regards the Masters won't achieve anything else
    Could of really done with Knox and Casey in the the team plus and a fit Poulter,I know why Casey couldn't be in and maybe rules need changing.
    All the above three in and any three from the nightmare four out and it would of certainly been closer if not a different result completely?