Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Andrea Pirlo and ex-Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri are both contenders for the Everton job, with the former supposedly in talks with owner Farhad Moshiri. (Calciomercato, in Italian)

Pirlo was hardly a great success at Juve, though as a "big name" he might satisfy some of the star players
    Why bow down to players. Pirlo hasn’t been a good manager so far, why don’t clubs take punts on the likes of the Norwich or Brentford managers
    When a player from Europe is signing for a club, would he want to work with Pirlo everyday or a man that's won the English second league? 
    Pirlo has just finished 4th in a one team league
    Sounds perfect for Spurs... 
    Sounds perfect for the ESL. 
  • Options
    Andrea Pirlo and ex-Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri are both contenders for the Everton job, with the former supposedly in talks with owner Farhad Moshiri. (Calciomercato, in Italian)

Pirlo was hardly a great success at Juve, though as a "big name" he might satisfy some of the star players
    Why bow down to players. Pirlo hasn’t been a good manager so far, why don’t clubs take punts on the likes of the Norwich or Brentford managers
    When a player from Europe is signing for a club, would he want to work with Pirlo everyday or a man that's won the English second league? 
    Pirlo one of the best midfielders of his generation you mean. 

If you're a CM, I feel like Pirlo would capture your attention more than Farke. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021

But he isn’t a world class midfielder anymore. As I said earlier, as a a manger, he finished 4th in a one team league
  • Options
    Levy will soon have trouble when he starts going down his list. Curbs may only be at 16-1 but I doubt he'll now give up his VP duties on a saturday afternoon for anyone....😄
  • Options
    Levy will soon have trouble when he starts going down his list. Curbs may only be at 16-1 but I doubt he'll now give up his VP duties on a saturday afternoon for anyone....😄
    I see Klinsmann's being rolled out in the media now.
    Perhaps Hoddle fancies another go?  Maybe even go back for Peter Shreeves or David Pleat.
    Any more for any more?

(Remember being on a staff lunch in Camberwell - when I was working at Denmark Hill) about 19-20 years ago now.  Sitting there eating Italian and Peter Shreeves came in and sat on the next table and ordered a Peroni.  Took me 30 mins to pluck up the courage to speak to him.  Erm, hello mate, are you Peter Shreeves?  You used to manage Spurs didn't you, I'm a Spurs ST holder...

As soon as he spoke I knew it was him.  Ended up chatting to him for 20 mins or so, lovely fella.  He was only in Camberwell as his nephew had suffered a bad leg break in a game the night before and he'd gone to see him at KCH!  Anyway, enough of my Monday morning memories.)
  • Options
    Morecambe have hired Stephen Robinson as their new Manager.

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2021/june/stephen-robinson-announced-as-new-shrimps-boss/

Previously been in charge of Oldham and Motherwell
  • Options

To use an extreme contrary argument, Gazza was one of the best midfielders of his generation, but you wouldn't appoint him as a manager...
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Perhaps Hoddle fancies another go?  Maybe even go back for Peter Shreeves or David Pleat.
    Any more for any more?

(Remember being on a staff lunch in Camberwell - when I was working at Denmark Hill) about 19-20 years ago now.  Sitting there eating Italian and Peter Shreeves came in and sat on the next table and ordered a Peroni.  Took me 30 mins to pluck up the courage to speak to him.  Erm, hello mate, are you Peter Shreeves?  You used to manage Spurs didn't you, I'm a Spurs ST holder...

As soon as he spoke I knew it was him.  Ended up chatting to him for 20 mins or so, lovely fella.  He was only in Camberwell as his nephew had suffered a bad leg break in a game the night before and he'd gone to see him at KCH!  Anyway, enough of my Monday morning memories.)
    Didn't Shreeve start his coaching career with Charlton in the Theo Foley era ?
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Any more for any more?

Didn't Shreeve start his coaching career with Charlton in the Theo Foley era ?
    yes, he was our youth coach for a year or two
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

To use an extreme contrary argument, Gazza was one of the best midfielders of his generation, but you wouldn't appoint him as a manager...
    Oh i don't know, the 6 weeks he spent in charge of Kettering were a roaring success..........

Their owner at the time "Last night's conversation was a result of 37 separate incidents I have had to deal with since the appointment of Paul Gascoigne as manager. Unfortunately he has been under the influence of alcohol before, during and after several first-team games and training sessions".
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Oh i don't know, the 6 weeks he spent in charge of Kettering were a roaring success..........

Their owner at the time "Last night's conversation was a result of 37 separate incidents I have had to deal with since the appointment of Paul Gascoigne as manager. Unfortunately he has been under the influence of alcohol before, during and after several first-team games and training sessions".
    Their owner at the time wasn't the best either though:

https://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/news/crime/former-poppies-owner-ladak-finally-arrested-after-two-months-run-3076045

https://www.recruiter.co.uk/news/2021/01/recruiter-captured-police-after-two-months-run

• Options

Their owner at the time wasn't the best either though:

https://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/news/crime/former-poppies-owner-ladak-finally-arrested-after-two-months-run-3076045

https://www.recruiter.co.uk/news/2021/01/recruiter-captured-police-after-two-months-run

"more racist than Tommy Robinson" 🙀
  • Options
    Seems that Nuno is close to becoming the next Palace Manager

Shame thats not just a good appointment but I quite liked him
  • Options
    Seems that Nuno is close to becoming the next Palace Manager

Shame thats not just a good appointment but I quite liked him
    That is a shame. Was hoping they messed up with the next appointment. 
  • Options
    Nuno has agreed to become Palace manager.

Former Huddersfield manager David Wagner has agreed to become West Brom manager. Not a bad appointment. 
  • Options

Former Huddersfield manager David Wagner has agreed to become West Brom manager. Not a bad appointment. 
    Dunno, he's felt a bit of a one trick pony after getting Schalke relegated
  • Options

Dunno, he's felt a bit of a one trick pony after getting Schalke relegated
    Agreed, surprised they've gone for him, although I guess he was an available manager with a recent Championship promotion on his CV. Thought Wilder had the job in the bag last week, not sure what happened there. 
  • Options

Bit sad that I'm more ITK with Palarse than us.

Move over Louis. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shame ;)

would've been a cracking appointment for Palace.
  • Options
    Great news!! - Surely there is no way will they get Dyche

Why trade one mid-table club for another?
  • Options
    Bruno Lage has been named the new Portugal FC Manager 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Paulo Fonseca (previously in charge @ Roma) now in talks to be the next Spurs boss

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/12328875/paulo-fonseca-tottenham-in-advanced-talks-to-appoint-former-roma-boss
  • Options
    This news has NOT been taken well.
    Two words.  Cheapest Option.
    Is Christian Gross available?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    If we end up getting sponsored by Wendy's I'll be really worried about our burger stash with this guy lurking around the city...