Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Weird that the Palace and West Brom jobs are taking so long to fill. There are names out there, but they aren't interested  :)
  • Weird that the Palace and West Brom jobs are taking so long to fill. There are names out there, but they aren't interested  :)
    Managers arent impressed with the transfer kitty on offer due to clubs making cutbacks thanks to COVID perhaps.

Safer for those currently in work (Appleton etc.) to stay where they are where the expectations are a little lower, and dont run the risk of failure and then the sack because they're not able to build a squad that the fans expect. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Spurs sacked Mourinho on 19th April. Two months later they still have no permanent Manager. Presumably they can't make any signings 'til someone is in place and in any event Kane is still on the books so that clouds who they are looking at and what money is available anyway
    I don't think the Spurs manager has a say in who they sign and who they don't.  It's part of the reason they don't have a manager. 
    Exactly the reason why Levy appointed the Italian fella as DOF last week, Fabrizio Patrici from Juventus.
    He has the title Managing Director, Football.

Looks like we're revisiting the model of the DOF bringing in players based on the work with Steve Hitchen (he bloody isnt going by the sounds of it) and the Data Analysis team then the coach concentrates on coaching the squad.

Looks very much like it will be Fonseca now.  Never thought Spurs would be managed by a fella with the same surname as one of my best mates from school but there you go.

Interesting interview published on the Spurs website last Sat (around the same time as Eriksen collapsed), addressing the criticism he has been under lol.

I've posted it here https://fb.watch/69zsZ7PbYC/  The comments mostly all reflect everyone wishing Eriksen well but there a large proportion of the support that continue to have the wool pulled over their eyes.

Good/potentially good managers don't want to go to potential strugglers (begs the question why are good managers out of work) .. and clubs like WBA and CP think themselves too grand to take a chance on an up and coming younger manager .. looking forward to WBA v Bowyer's Brum lol
  • Looks like Everton's new Manager is going to be... Rafa Benitez :)
  • Looks like Everton's new Manager is going to be... Rafa Benitez :)
    😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳
  • Perhaps if Spurs only want a coach as opposed to a manager, they are offering a comparatively low salary.
  • Perhaps if Spurs try and do everything on the cheap they are offering a comparatively low salary.

• Sponsored links:

• It goes from bad to worse.  I called it.  Not surprised.  Not at all.
  • If Spurs paid Jose Mourinho multi millions than why should anyone take the job with a wage cut of 50 to 60% less ?

Levy thinks he so clever and I guess he is when you consider how much he has been paid over the last few years.

• It is just turning into a joke now. Not a supporter of Spurs but how bad can it be when they cant get a manager ? When you look at who they are now looking at they would be better off giving the job to Powell 
  • AndyG said:
    It is just turning into a joke now. Not a supporter of Spurs but how bad can it be when they cant get a manager ? When you look at who they are now looking at they would be better off giving the job to Powell 
    They would have just been better off keeping pochettino or mourinho.
  • Mendes sticky fingers involved in this again.

The bloke is a parasite.
  • AndyG said:
    It is just turning into a joke now. Not a supporter of Spurs but how bad can it be when they cant get a manager ? When you look at who they are now looking at they would be better off giving the job to Powell 
    They would have just been better off keeping pochettino or mourinho.
    I don't think you'll find a Spurs fan who disagrees with that.

I feel they had a real chance in the last few years to win some silverware and establish themselves as a top, top club. If they get this appointment wrong and lose Kane they'll have to completely rebuild in some ways.

There's a lot of ambition in the top 10 of the premier league at the moment and I feel they'll fall behind some of those clubs for a while if they don't get this Summer right.
  • Addickted said:
    Mendes sticky fingers involved in this again.

The bloke is a parasite.
    I don't think his players agree. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    Someone said a few pages back they'll probably end up with Ryan Mason. 

Doesn't seem totally unrealistic at the moment 
  • Someone said a few pages back they'll probably end up with Ryan Mason. 

That was me but it was in jest rather than anything else. If they do appoint him then I fear he will be a puppet with Levy pulling the strings.
  • edited June 2021
    Clear to me Levy is the problem at Spurs, so what’s he got over the owner?
  • Clear to me Levy is the problem at Spurs, so what’s he got over the owner?
    Because he delivers the financials the owner wants.  The same as at Arsenal and Man United. 
  • Tottenham not going with Gattuso now either. Search continues....
    They are going to end up with Big Sam at this rate. 
    Not sure Levy would stretch to 2 pints of wine. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Tottenham not going with Gattuso now either. Search continues....
    Not sure Levy would stretch to 2 pints of wine. 
    Dont forget the giant Malteser 
  • Someone said a few pages back they'll probably end up with Ryan Mason. 

Would Spurs fans be OK with it if it happens? Why are they interviewing all these Italian managers and then talks break down it seems weird.
    Maybe give it to Mason for another season and see how he gets on...a bit like Man U did with Ole.