Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Seems Palace have @oohaahmortimer's brother supporting them.

"You could get anybody to manage this boring club. Never achieved anything. I really hope we get relegated. This may just be that season, if we do we’ll be in administration in a year".

• Options
    I presume Favre has gone for talks as ita a PL club, turned up, seen the place, and then thought "Eurgh, no, why would I work here?"

Very understandable.
  • Options
    Maybe he was taken on a tour of the best bits of Croydon? Probably didn't take long then.
  • Options

• Options
    McGreal is going on the Glenn Hoddle route to management - just missing out the middle man Monaco
  • Options
    So is McGreal going to Spurs or Palace.

Everton.
  • Options
    IF Sean Dych moves on from Burnley, it'd be no surprise to me if Burnley were to appoint their ex centre half and current successful Cheltenham manager Michael Duff as his replacement
  • Options
    Nuno Santos of Wolves fame is the next one on Spurs list. Advanced Talks according to the BBC.
    I thought he did well for Wolves but i can't see Spurs fans being happy with a guy who was asked to leave by Wolves. I know he left by 'mutual consent' but that basically means after everything he did, they respected him enough and didn't want to say we've sacked him.

Can only assume that there are two issues with the Spurs job:
    1. Covid + them having to pay off the new stadium = there is not much money to spend.
    2. Managers want to know if Kane will be staying.
    I feel a bit sorry for Nuno. By far their most successful manager in a very long time. I felt he had his hands ripped from the wheel, last season.

He lost Jota - with the cub replacing him expensively, with an unproven teenager. (That signing seemed a bit weird to me, what with the agent/Portugal links & the price they paid. I wonder if Nuno really wanted him?)

Doherty - one of their best attacking outlets, going to Spuds. (Their Semedo hasn't been a great replacement.)

Losing Jimenez due to that terrible head injury too! (& not getting the funds to sign a direct replacement)

Not forgetting the no crowd factor also.

I think he could have done a lot worse, & 13th was a respectable finish under the circumstances.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IF Sean Dych moves on from Burnley, it'd be no surprise to me if Burnley were to appoint their ex centre half and current successful Cheltenham manager Michael Duff as his replacement
    It wouldn't have suprised me before the take over.  I doubt the new owners have heard of Cheltenham and probably think Duff is a beer. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It wouldn't have suprised me before the take over.  I doubt the new owners have heard of Cheltenham and probably think Duff is a beer. 
    I've yet to see any evidence that the new Burnley owners actually want to spend any money, or change the club's current ethos
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I've yet to see any evidence that the new Burnley owners actually want to spend any money, or change the club's current ethos
    They won't spend any money and can't spell ethos.  Total wronguns 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    They won't spend any money and can't spell ethos.  Total wronguns 
    I fear that as well
  • Options
    Steve Cooper to Crystal Palace, three year deal looks possible now.

Think they'll seriously struggle
  • Options

Such a good fit. 
  • Options

Fingers crossed
  • Options

Oh yes please.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he will do okay there, he just seems that type of person to do well at that type of club.

plus, he is a funny looking thing and I feel sick when I look at him, I also feel sick when I think of palace….perfect match.
  • Options
    I think he will do okay there, he just seems that type of person to do well at that type of club.

plus, he is a funny looking thing and I feel sick when I look at him, I also feel sick when I think of palace….perfect match.
    Agreed. Think he's their best option and I'm surprised they've been swayed by the likes of Santos and Favre.

Whoever takes over there has a hell of a job on their hands as the squad is in a right mess with the Diver desperate to leave and Eze out until the New Year.
  • Options

They will if it was Steve Coppell as I originally read this !!
  • Options
    I was walking in the Enfield area earlier today, and genuinely passed by the Spurs training ground 

I'm a bit disappointed that I wasn’t invited in for an interview 
    Funnily enough I drove past half an hour ago. Somebody tried to flag me down - I thought it was to be offered the job so I didn’t bother to stop. 

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Scott Parker set to become the Bournemouth Manager

Least he learnt to wait to move until the summer this time around
  • Options

And waited for his hair to dry. 
  • Options

Feels like months ago I mentioned that :-) 
  • Options
    Seems an odd move, especially as Fulham (as a newly relegated side) will have higher parachute payments than Bournemouth. A lot of sides seem to struggle in their second season after relegation as the payments reduce.
  • Options
    Seems an odd move, especially as Fulham (as a newly relegated side) will have higher parachute payments than Bournemouth. A lot of sides seem to struggle in their second season after relegation as the payments reduce.
    Jumped before pushed I would guess.
  • Options
    Jumped before pushed I would guess.
    That's why it's taken so long, Bournemouth were waiting for Fulham to sack him and Fulham were waiting for Bournemouth to pay for him.

Reminds me of when Newcastle paid Blackburn for Souness when they were going to sack him the week after anyway.

It least he doesn't have to work for Tony Khan any more.