Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• clive said:
    Everton have appointed former Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez as their new manager.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57660542
    And then in the article the 2nd picture shows Gerard Houllier. That will please the Evertonians even more...😅
    ??????
  • Everton, Spurs and Palace have all gone down the shitter on the same day.
  • 3 very odd appointments in one day
  • Everton, Spurs and Palace have all gone down the shitter on the same day.
    Think Everton will do alright under Rafa. The other 2 though..,,,
  • Nuno will be OK espically with Mendes effectively being the new spurs CEO.  Odd, very odd. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Nuno will be OK espically with Mendes effectively being the new spurs CEO.  Odd, very odd. 

Wolves will be in deep pooh now that all young Portugal players will be pushed to Spurs. I predict a relegation fight for them.

But I think Nuno won't do "ok" at Spurs because... define "OK"? Actually it is how Spurs fans define "OK" now and for them anything less than a PL title now is not a good result. They are very impatient now. They waited for the stadium and now tickets are 50% more expensive and they finish lower in the table. And Nuno ain't no manager at that level. I think this was a poisoned chalice for him and he wont last 24 months.

• The irony is Benetiz to Spurs and Nuno at Everton would have been well received. 
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    The nation in good spirits...looks like a great day to bury bad news, eh Daniel Levy?
    Announcement shortly apparently.

Nuno.  Mendes' client.  Levy's got some kind of thing with Mendes and the DoF apparently.

From elsewhere - reliable source...

"From what I was told last night the new coach will have very little say on the players coming in. So a strong opinionated manager isn't going to work whatever happens. The incoming targets are already pretty much set and Mendes looks to be involved whoever the manager is. As I've said Mendes doesn't only deal in his own client's and is a fixer for other players and specifically clubs looking to buy and sell. Fwiw I'm far from happy with the situation but I suppose the only positive I can take from this all is that should it be Santo at least everyone who needs to be will be on the same page."

So let me get this right - he wasnt good enough for Wolves, yet Levy somehow thinks he's good enough for Spurs?
    Broken to you by myself at least 2.5hrs ahead of the press having a sniff.  You're welcome :)

• Richard J said:
    The irony is Benetiz to Spurs and Nuno at Everton would have been well received. 
    It might have been in Merseyside but I can absolutely assure you no one Spurs wanted the FSW.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Nuno will be OK espically with Mendes effectively being the new spurs CEO.  Odd, very odd. 
    He'll get my support like every other manager but trust me, in front of a full stadium, if he sets us up to play purely on the counter attack like he has Wolves playing for the last 2-3 years in the PL, he'll be getting pelters.

As I just said to one of my mates, it goes completely against Levy's statement a few weeks ago.

...“We shall focus on the recruitment of a new Head Coach. We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great Club and return to playing football with the style for which we are known – free-flowing, attacking and entertaining - whilst continuing to embrace our desire to see young players flourish from our Academy alongside experienced talent.”

How many academy prospects has Nuno brought through?  Gibbs-White... then who else?  

When have Wolves ever played free-flowing attacking football?

I rest my case.

I so hope I'm wrong like I was wrong with Poch.  Sigh.
  • I can't see this appointment persuading Kane to stay
  • Erik Ten Hag could have waltzed into either Spurs or Everton if he had just waited and not extended his contract 7 weeks ago.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Wolves will be in deep pooh now that all young Portugal players will be pushed to Spurs. I predict a relegation fight for them.

But I think Nuno won't do "ok" at Spurs because... define "OK"? Actually it is how Spurs fans define "OK" now and for them anything less than a PL title now is not a good result. They are very impatient now. They waited for the stadium and now tickets are 50% more expensive and they finish lower in the table. And Nuno ain't no manager at that level. I think this was a poisoned chalice for him and he wont last 24 months.

You don't think they would bite your hand off, now, for 4th? 
  • edited June 2021
    Erik Ten Hag could have waltzed into either Spurs or Everton if he had just waited and not extended his contract 7 weeks ago.
    Levy interviewed him TWICE.  TWICE.  I shit you not, we know that for a fact.  Ajax gave permission for the talks and were willing to negotiate his release but this new DoF Patrici (sorry, name not in memory bank yet) perusaded Levy to pull fhe plug, as he wanted Nuno for the relationship with Mendes.  Have heard it from 3 separate sources.

That was as of the start of last week.
  • I can't see this appointment persuading Kane to stay
    No chance now and can you blame him? No.
  • Weird that all 3 PL vacancies were filled on the same day
  • Weird that all 3 PL vacancies were filled on the same day
    Honestly wonder whether it's to do with contract dates, what with players signing from 1st July, could this be the same?
  • Think Nuno will do well but Spurs fans still want that fantasy of playing like they did under Bill NIC and winning things. Whatever he does won't be enough.

Rafa will do well if given time. Everton are a club on the up.

Palace will get a new manager in time for the January window
  • Think Nuno will do well but Spurs fans still want that fantasy of playing like they did under Bill NIC and winning things. Whatever he does won't be enough.

Rafa will do well if given time. Everton are a club on the up.

Palace will get a new manager in time for the January window
    Big Sam biding his time till January then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Marco Silva in talks to be the next Fulham Manager
  • Presumably Nuno is going to have Spurs play his trademark 3-4-1-2? They're going to need quite the rebuild to play that. 
  • edited July 2021
    the Spurs and Everton managers are the wrong way round .. should be Benitez at Spurs and Espirito Santo at the Toffees .. however both are experienced managers and will do a decent, if not earth shattering job
  • If it weren't for the compensation the Spurs job would be a poisoned chalice. Levy knows that too hence the short term length of the contract - just 2 years as opposed to the 4 year deal that Mourinho signed
  • Do Spurs fans not realise that they are slap bang average. Slap bang average team with a slap bang average manager. I don’t see what the fuss is about
  • Do Spurs fans not realise that they are slap bang average. Slap bang average team with a slap bang average manager. I don’t see what the fuss is about
    Maybe that is exactly what the fuss is about. The Spurs fans that I know would agree.

I think it is reasonable for one of the World's richest clubs to be challenged on their lack of success and that is what the fans are doing.

The appointment of Nuno will do nothing to appease them......
  • edited July 2021
    Parky working for Ryan Reynolds, who would have thought it?
  • Marco Silva in talks to be the next Fulham Manager
    Now been confirmed, be curious to see how he does

Rated him @ Hull, not sure how he'll do in the Championship though
  • edited July 2021
    Brian Kidd leaves Man City. He had been there 12 years

https://www.mancity.com/news/mens/brian-kidd-leaves-manchester-city