Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Kidd is 72 now. Anyone who has been employed in football as he has for 55 years has done incredibly well but still expect him to end up somewhere in an advisory role. 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Nuno will be OK espically with Mendes effectively being the new spurs CEO.  Odd, very odd. 
    He'll get my support like every other manager but trust me, in front of a full stadium, if he sets us up to play purely on the counter attack like he has Wolves playing for the last 2-3 years in the PL, he'll be getting pelters.

As I just said to one of my mates, it goes completely against Levy's statement a few weeks ago.

...“We shall focus on the recruitment of a new Head Coach. We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great Club and return to playing football with the style for which we are known – free-flowing, attacking and entertaining - whilst continuing to embrace our desire to see young players flourish from our Academy alongside experienced talent.”

How many academy prospects has Nuno brought through?  Gibbs-White... then who else?  

When have Wolves ever played free-flowing attacking football?

I rest my case.

I so hope I'm wrong like I was wrong with Poch.  Sigh.
     In the mid 50's when Wolves were a top club. Superb team then.
    Certainly a top club in that era. Free flowing? They turned their pitch into a lake to stop the free flowing Hungarians playing 
  • Options
    Ryan has ancestory from Wrexham. Bizarrely there is an old media post from years ago from a girl in Wrexham asking him to buy the club not sure if that planted the seed. They actually are my local club and this has obviously recieved alot of press locally. I think they will start to climb the leagues a bit now
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Mate told me that Reynolds and co made a fortune selling a share of Aviation Gin Co.
  • Options
    have palace appointed Veira, or anyone, yet?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
  • Options
    Let that be the start of a painful demise...

Everything crossed.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Bit of a strange one yet Steve Cooper has left Swansea City

Seeing he was linked with Crystal Palace and Fulham I have to wonder where he's off to as cant think of an available role?

Frank Lampard to go in and replace him perhaps, had a loan spell there in his early days
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bad timing, I imagine Cooper will be waiting for the next vacancy in the autumn

Has of course been mentioned  for the Swansea job (his operation went well)
  • Options
    Bad timing, I imagine Cooper will be waiting for the next vacancy in the autumn

Has of course been mentioned  for the Swansea job (his operation went well)
    Great to hear, forgot all about his troubles until I saw the famous image
  • Options
    Cooper agreed his departure 2 weeks ago but they wanted him to take preseason why they sorted out his replacement. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Ole Solks has signed a new deal to 2024 .. City fans are rubbing their hands with glee  :)
  • Options
    To be honest, doesn't make much difference apart from make him a bit of a lame duck of they wouldn't renew his contract past this season.

He fails, they'll still sack him, he just gets paid a bit more.
  • Options
    Ole Solks has signed a new deal to 2014 .. City fans are rubbing their hands with glee  :)
    2014? Back to the future. 
  • Options
    Ole Solks has signed a new deal to 2014 .. City fans are rubbing their hands with glee  :)
    2014? Back to the future. 
    nothing like living in the past .. 2024 
  • Options
    John Terry has left his role as Aston Villa assistant head coach to pursue his "objective of becoming a manager".
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57969207
  • Options
    clive said:
    John Terry has left his role as Aston Villa assistant head coach to pursue his "objective of becoming a manager".
    Sacked then
  • Options
    Eurgh could you imagine bring managed by John Terry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    He says he'll take a bit of time out before taking a job, but I wonder is Swansea might be interested?

He's done the right thing. 3 years as an assistant, learning the ropes under an excellent manager
  • Options
    Unless Terry has more than a nibble why would you need to quit as number two in order to pursue a top job elsewhere?
  • Options
    Unless Terry has more than a nibble why would you need to quit as number two in order to pursue a top job elsewhere?
    He said is immediate plan is….”to spend some quality time with my family and, thereafter, hopefully take up some invitations to visit clubs and managers around Europe to develop my aim and objective of becoming a manager."

either that or he has got caught in bed with Wayne Rooney.
  • Options
    To avoid speculation affecting Dean Smith and Villa? Chances are a decent vacancy will come up in the next few months 
  • Options
    He's said it'd be unfair to Villa for him to start the season if there's a strong chance he won't stay, so at least by doing this it gives them a chance to find a replacement before the season begins.

Question is, why do it at the end of July and not the beginning of May?
  • Options
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/patrick-vieira-backed-to-take-the-defensive-shackles-off-crystal-palace/

Vieira likes to play on the front foot and take risks. Can see that either working very well or very badly for Palace.
  • Options
    Ashley Cole is set to be the England U21 Assistant Coach...
  • Options
    Ashley Cole is set to be the England U21 Assistant Coach...
    As long as it stops TV companies using him as a pundit!