Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Ashley Cole is set to be the England U21 Assistant Coach...
    He is probably looking forward to working with players like The Godfrey, The Gallagher and The Nketiah 
  • Options
    Former Republic of Ireland midfielder Lee Carsley has been appointed as England Under-21s head coach.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57991081
  • Options
    Very random duo but has some potential.

Carsley is stepping up from the U20's and Cole is an academy coach at Chelsea.
  • Options
    Carsley as a player was a decent but journeyman midfielder, the right player to lead our talented youngsters?
  • Options
    Carsley as a player was a decent but journeyman midfielder, the right player to lead our talented youngsters?
    Well thought of in the England set up. 
  • Options
    I like how they're progressing someone through the age groups...

Think its the right approach in that sense
  • Options

Not entirely sure i'd want Lee Carsley as the senior team manager though if Southgate leaves after the Qatar WC.
  • Options

Not entirely sure i'd want Lee Carsley as the senior team manager though if Southgate leaves after the Qatar WC.
    I kind of think that where the internal promotions stop.  Southgate proved to be a good appointment of course, but initially he was only on an interim basis. 
  • Options
    Russell Martin being linked with Swansea. 
  • Options

Dunno, depends how he does with the U21s

I'm not sure he's got that good a record with the U20s as it doesnt look like they've played that much.

Be a bit ridiculous to write someone off, based on their playing career
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard J said:
    Russell Martin being linked with Swansea. 
    That would seem a good fit, with the passing style he used at MKD
  • Options

Swansea make an official approach for Russell Martin. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Swansea make an official approach for Russell Martin. 
    Tomorrow will be his last game at MK Dons.  Its a done deal. 
  • Options
    A big blow for MKD that, as he'd really transformed the way they play and moulded the side around his ideas
  • Options
    Bit of a pisser for the franchise having backed him in this transfer window and with only a week left till the season starts, but money talks as per
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Bit of a pisser for the franchise having backed him in this transfer window and with only a week left till the season starts, but money talks as per
    Surely it's more that Swansea are a bigger club, in the Championship with a chance of promotion to the PL
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Surely it's more that Swansea are a bigger club, in the Championship with a chance of promotion to the PL
    Bigger club definitely and in the Championship, but think they've got a lot of work to do before they're in with a chance of the Premier League again. He supposedly turned down their first offer so assume they upped the offer 
  • Options
    Think it may be a bit soon for him. He would have been better to stay at MKD, have a good season, and then have a pick of a few better Clubs, maybe even his old Club Norwich if they get relegated again. I do think he’s going to be a very good manager though.
  • Options
    Does make me laugh when he said in an interview a few weeks ago (When taking about the Scott Fraser saga) about how clubs should make sure their business early - Now goes and jumps ship himself :D
  • Options
    Good move for Martin and Swansea. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MattF said:
    Just shows you how quickly things change in football. 
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see who MK replace him with. You’d think they’d want someone to continue the style he’s implemented, but that might not be easy to find. You’ve got to be patient if you insist playing that way and build the club up over time. I always feel it’ll never suit us as we’re always desperate to get promoted from this league and it’s a risk trying to play that way in the Championship if it’s new to the squad.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Will be interesting to see who MK replace him with. You’d think they’d want someone to continue the style he’s implemented, but that might not be easy to find. You’ve got to be patient if you insist playing that way and build the club up over time. I always feel it’ll never suit us as we’re always desperate to get promoted from this league and it’s a risk trying to play that way in the Championship if it’s new to the squad.
    Dean Lewington might be a good shout, been at the club forever
  • Options
    Wouldn’t surprise me, but has even started coaching?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    did a spell as player-coach a few years back, I don't know if he is 'qualified'
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Could get him old man as a number two, fantastic coach. 
  • Options
    Jody Morris to MK Dons 👀👀👀
  • Options
    Good appointment for Swansea. Really throws a spanner into the start of MK’s season which is fine by me.