Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options

Former #cpfc manager Peter Taylor is the new manager of Welling United.
    Great player  - saw him score a cracker for Dartford against Wealdstone at home (c1989).

Great manager for the England U21's and at the time I felt he could go on & become the England manager.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Nuno will be OK espically with Mendes effectively being the new spurs CEO.  Odd, very odd. 
    He'll get my support like every other manager but trust me, in front of a full stadium, if he sets us up to play purely on the counter attack like he has Wolves playing for the last 2-3 years in the PL, he'll be getting pelters.

As I just said to one of my mates, it goes completely against Levy's statement a few weeks ago.

...“We shall focus on the recruitment of a new Head Coach. We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great Club and return to playing football with the style for which we are known – free-flowing, attacking and entertaining - whilst continuing to embrace our desire to see young players flourish from our Academy alongside experienced talent.”

How many academy prospects has Nuno brought through?  Gibbs-White... then who else?  

When have Wolves ever played free-flowing attacking football?

I rest my case.

I so hope I'm wrong like I was wrong with Poch.  Sigh.
    I just wanted to revisit this... not wrong was I?
    What makes the appointment of Nuno even more bizarre are the comments this week from Fonseca saying he was pretty much agreed as manager, had started planning signings etc (so clearly Levy wanted him) but then the new guy Paratici came in and everything changed as he felt Fonseca was "too attacking" and wanted a more conservative manager.

Why would anyone not want their team to be attacking?
    totally.  Its what Spurs are known for.  To dare is to do and all that sha-bang FFS.

Anyhow, maybe absolutely nothing in it, but it appears Ryan Mason was still at the training ground at 10:30pm last night.  He posted a strange Insta story saying 'see you all soon'.  Might be worth a cheeky bet on for caretaker manager very soon.

JB, would you be happy if Mason had another stint in charge? From the outside, I can’t see that he could do any worse than Nuno ? 
    Happy?  Not sure happy is the right word because I dont particularly want any manager to fail but Nuno is already in the last chance saloon I think.  If he doesnt get a result against Villa on Sunday (which I'm going to, more fool me!) then he's going to be a gooner.  He would be the obvious candidate to fill in and he is Spurs through and through.
    Nah.....they're happy with Arteta atm.
  • Options

Great player  - saw him score a cracker for Dartford against Wealdstone at home (c1989).

Great manager for the England U21's and at the time I felt he could go on & become the England manager.

He was England Manager
  • Options
    Only one game mind you. They lost 1-0 to Italy but he took the decision to make Beckham captain
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Big name for a club like Welling but he's got a very patchy track record.

In fact, having just checked it looks like in the last 15 years he's had 9 different clubs, never lasted much more than a year, and all 9 have sacked him/let him go due to poor results.
  • Options
    Hopefully it doesnt financially screw them over
  • Options
    Hopefully it doesnt financially screw them over
    No, Goldberg’s doing that
  • Options
    And I thought we had yesterday’s man in Adkins 
  • Options
    Mike Flynn has stepped down as Newport manager

Did a great job there, without getting a promotion in his cv
  • Options

Yeah thats a shame... He's done very well with Newport these last few years
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yeah thats a shame... He's done very well with Newport these last few years
    Getting himself ready for a L1 job that will soon be available  ;)
  • Options

He was England Manager
    Gave Becks his debut I think. 
  • Options

He was England Manager
    Gave Becks his debut I think. 
    He didn't give Beckham his debut but did make him England captain for the first time
  • Options
    Watford just sacked their manager…..
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Has this happened before?

It has, of course. Since they sacked Sean Dyche ten years ago after just one season in charge (one defeat in his final 13 matches) they've had just the 16 Managers. They replaced Dyche with Zola. The former has gone on to perform wonders at Burnley for some 400 games on a very limited budget whereas the latter hasn't managed since his Birmingham stint ended over four years ago having won two games out of 24.

You reap what you sow!
  • Options
    7 points from 7 games. That is good enough to stay up
  • Options
    That's madness. A perfectly decent start to the season, what were they expecting?
  • Options
    maniac owner, but at least it keeps thing interesting, keeps the players on their toes and give the fans something to talk about
  • Options
    Miles is a Watford fan. Have they lost games against teams they should be beating?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Guess their owners expected them to get more than one point against Brighton | Newcastle | Wolves | Leeds

Having only beaten Aston Villa | Norwich

Might be a case that they're about to go into a run of games that could seriously leave them in trouble.
  • Options
    Seems Ranieri is in talks to be the new Manager for them.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Miles is a Watford fan. Have they lost games against teams they should be beating?

mmm .. similar comments have been made about our manager
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Maybe Adkins has been speaking Spanish to the players.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Maybe Adkins has been speaking Spanish to the players.
    that is a REAL LOL 10/10  :D
  • Options
    Watford and Norwich are the poster boy clubs for Prem-Champ yoyoing .. so far the Canaries have stuck with their manager whereas Watford employ a regular revolving door policy
  • Options
    Watford and Norwich are the poster boy clubs for Prem-Champ yoyoing .. so far the Canaries have stuck with their manager whereas Watford employ a regular revolving door policy
    One policy costs a lot more than the other
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    MrOneLung said:
    West Brom and Fulham say hi 🖐
    shows how the parachute payments distort promotion and relegation .. medium sized clubs too good for the Champ and not good enough for the Prem but kept on like support with big cash injections .. the same is starting to apply further down the divisions .. newly promoted Hull and Posh are struggling in the Champ. I'll be surprised if both don't go straight back down ..

excuse the digression from sacked managers 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58625601

Harry Kewell has been sacked by National League Barnet, after just 7 games in charge, which delivered just 2 draws

A bit of a revolving door there this year!
    So just marginally worse than Adkins.
    ????

Adkins has had 19 games in charge I believe. Won 7 Drawn 5 Lost 7

Think he meant this season not total.

21/22 league season 
    P11W2D3 L6