Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Talking to a Stockport fan last night.

They sacked their manager after nine months. Young up and coming coach from Brighton U23s who did well last season but not this. No experience of non-league management, lost a home to Barnet.

They have an ambitious owner who wants Championship Football in seven years and who has appointed a director of football from Man City.

Sound familiar?
  • Options

They sacked their manager after nine months. Young up and coming coach from Brighton U23s who did well last season but not this. No experience of non-league management, lost a home to Barnet.

They have an ambitious owner who wants Championship Football in seven years and who has appointed a director of football from Man City.

Sound familiar?
    National league is a terrible league to try and get out of. But Stockport are spending a lot so no surprise the owner wants success.

Madden came from Fleetwood. Quigley was top scorer for Barrow when they got promoted to league 2, they just signed Sarcevic after he was released by Bolton (he scored for them at the Valley this season). 

Them and Wrexham will lose tons of money if they don't go up.
  • Options

Sound familiar?
    Barnet in the meantime have picked up after sacking a big name (Harry Kewell) and putting their Head of Football in temporary charge, Dean Brennan a non league stalwart...

Slightly harsh on the Stockport manager seeing that they are currently 10th, but they have brought in some big names for that level.
  • Options
    Including a 29 year old from Bolton who played and scored against us this month
  • Options
    Looks like Nuno's time is up at Spurs.
  • Options
    Yup... Nuno has been sacked this morning.
  • Options
    The Club can today announce that Nuno Espírito Santo and his coaching staff Ian Cathro, Rui Barbosa and Antonio Dias have been relieved of their duties.
    https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2021/october/club-announcement/
  • Options
    Tis the day of sackings... Barnsley have parted company with Markus Schopp today
  • Options
    Allardyce to Spurs? :D
  • Options
    Nuno can take one record with him - the only permanent Spurs Manager never to draw a PL game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice work if you can get it. Be shit at your job and get ££££££ pay off. Lovely stuff!
  • Options
    Tis the day of sackings... Barnsley have parted company with Markus Schopp today
    Unlike other shops, there's no money back guarantee!
  • Options
    Nice work if you can get it. Be shit at your job and get ££££££ pay off. Lovely stuff!
    It was an impossible job for him. Levy is the problem there.
  • Options
    Scunthorpe's turn to sack their Manager now...
  • Options
    I've been doing it for years.......being shit at my job & getting paid for it I mean 😆
  • Options
    Wow, 3 in a morning!

Not a surprise though, shocking to see them bottom of L2, and they lost a 6 pointer against Colchester on Saturday.
  • Options
    Could Nigel get the call?

He would be viewed like Curbs is here up there. 
  • Options
    We just need someone from L1 to be sacked by 12 to complete a clean sweep of the divisions! 

I guess owners consider that the end of October is a fair cut off point
  • Options
    We just need someone from L1 to be sacked by 12 to complete a clean sweep of the divisions! 

I guess owners consider that the end of October is a fair cut off point
    Richie Wellens....?
  • Options
    Spurs about to have their 4th full-time manager in 24 months, LOL.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People in glass houses.... 
  • Options
    We've had 10 since 2014, plus 5 caretakers (including Bowyer and of course Jackson twice)
  • Options
    Would love it if he rejected them
  • Options
    I just don’t see why he would go there for 18 months 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    ££££££££
  • Options
    Are there any ex-goalkeepers left managing in the football league after Adkins & Nuno both got sacked?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    When is the WC next year & when does the PL run from / until ?  18 months would mean, if taken literally, be to until the start of May 2023. I'm assuming they are meaning to the end of that Premier League season - so in effect he has 2 seasons with Spurs.
  • Options
    Are there any ex-goalkeepers left managing in the football league after Adkins & Nuno both got sacked?
    No, they were the only 2. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    He’d never last that long.