Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    If your final two options for a managers job are Eddie Howe and Unai Emery it looks like you don't have a clue what direction you want to go in.
    Two completely different managers offering completely different ideas. Surely if you have a long term plan you should have similar managers on your shortlist.
    All this has done is highlight Newcastles lack of footballing knowledge at senior management level.
    Isn’t that what most clubs do though? They employ a name rather than a style and names are what the fans want.

I don’t recall ever reading on here when we were looking that a certain manager would not fit because their style of football does not suit the club.

Football management is a circus, get employed, do a bad job, get sacked, get employed again.
  • Options
    Our owner has literally just said we are looking for a manager that understands the high press. 
  • Options
    SkySports news reporting Xavi to take over at Barcelona. 

That's a surprise says no one.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Our owner has literally just said we are looking for a manager that understands the high press. 
    If you mean instead of Jacko where did TS say it
  • Options
    How long before Villa's owners get rid of Dean Smith?
  • Options
    If your final two options for a managers job are Eddie Howe and Unai Emery it looks like you don't have a clue what direction you want to go in.
    Two completely different managers offering completely different ideas. Surely if you have a long term plan you should have similar managers on your shortlist.
    All this has done is highlight Newcastles lack of footballing knowledge at senior management level.
    I feel like they just want a stop gap for 18 months. Someone to keep them up, push on a bit next season then he'll be gone as they pay silly money to get a big name manager.
  • Options
    How long before Villa's owners get rid of Dean Smith?
    Lost 5 in a row. 
    Their next two are Brighton and Palace then they face Liverpool, Leicester and Man City. If they don’t pick up points in the next two it could easily be 10 in a row. 
    And whilst on paper they are easier games Brighton and Palace are both playing well. 
    Could be gone before Christmas. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    a man who well knows his way around the lower leagues .. he'll have his work cut out to pull the Irons out of the fire
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solskjaer incoming hopefully. Ffs
  • Options
    Neil Warnock has been sacked by Middlesbrough

Am SURE that'll be his last job in Management... Wont it?
  • Options
    edited November 2021

It must be - he is 72 now. 1603 games  as a manager will take some beating.
  • Options
    Strange timing. A decent draw against West Brom today
  • Options
    Still only 4 points off the playoffs too.
  • Options

Going back to Cardiff 🤔
  • Options

It must be - he is 72 now. 1603 games  as a manager will take some beating.
    There'll always be teams fighting relegation who want to get him in for a quick fix, he has an incredible record at keeping teams up and I imagine he'd find it hard to turn down somewhere that asked him to come in for 10 or so games to keep them up. I can't see him managing a club on a long term basis again but I could definitely see him stepping in near the end of the season when the call comes in which I am sure it will.

• Options
    Sounds like Chris Wilder to Boro 
  • Options
    Heard from a Boro supporting mate of mine that it seems to have been agreed a few weeks ago with Wilder looking like he’s going there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Boro' probably had Wilder all "signed up" prior to Tuesday's game when Warnock broke Dario Gradi's record for games managed. Sacking him before or straight after that feat would have looked somewhat cold hearted. It wouldn't surprise me either if Warnock wasn't aware of the situation prior to Tuesday either hence the "mutual consent". He's old and wise enough to recognise the best way of leaving when a club has made its mind up. Warnock actually lives in Cornwall so living that far apart from the family most of the time might also have been an issue
  • Options
    Yeah I think it was probably already agreed between him and Gibson that he would go at the international break.

I don't reckon that is it for him though. Cardiff, as mentioned above is possible, but Bristol City would be my best guess. 
  • Options
    Warnock and Farke are Sandgaard's dream team

☺️
  • Options
    Daniel farke sacked
  • Options
    Heard from a Boro supporting mate of mine that it seems to have been agreed a few weeks ago with Wilder looking like he’s going there.
    But is Wilder better than Warnock?
    Yes 
  • Options
    Middlesbrough have appointed former Sheffield United, Oxford United and Northampton Town boss Chris Wilder to succeed Neil Warnock as their manager.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59197939