Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• I can hear the Barnsley fans singing the "Schopp Schopp (It's in his kiss)" song 
  • So Barnsley have gone Schopping for a manager.....😁
  • Frank de Boer is no longer the Dutch Manager...
    I wonder why ?  :)
  • iaitch said:
    Just been chatting to my mate from Wrexham, tells me Phil Parkinson is 1/3 to be their next manager.
    According to SkyBet Sir Chris is 2nd Favourite 
    Available to return to Palace then. 
  • iaitch said:
    Just been chatting to my mate from Wrexham, tells me Phil Parkinson is 1/3 to be their next manager.
    Is Curbs 16/1?
  • Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:
    iaitch said:
    Is Curbs 16/1?
    No, Michael Flynn and Nigel Clough are 😉
  • I'd stick with Southgate.

Doing a good job.
    AndyG said:
    I'd stick with Southgate.

Doing a good job.
    Have you taken your temperature today Henry ?
    AndyG said:

Doing a good job.
    No need.

Not got any problem with my knee jerking either

I'll say it again.  I'm sticking with Southgate as he's doing a good job, don't you agree @AndyG ?

• I'd stick with Southgate.

Doing a good job.
    AndyG said:

Doing a good job.
    AndyG said:

Doing a good job.
    No need.

I'll say it again.  I'm sticking with Southgate as he's doing a good job, don't you agree @AndyG ?

As I said after the game Henry, credit where it is due he got it right yesterday and full credit to him and the team. All these things are relative to how we all see things differently I still think GS is not decisive enough but you cant knock him when it works so hats off and celebrate the win mate.
  • Hmm...Patrick Vieira eh. I doubt if the Nigels are jumping for joy at this appointment. Great player but unproven as a manager. If Zaha stays they will probably be alright but he wants to play for a bigger club. Perhaps Brentford will bid for him.
    Strange he says it every season and nobody ever goes in for him. I wonder whether he's super high maintenance or something.
  • AndyG said:

Doing a good job.
    AndyG said:

Doing a good job.
    AndyG said:

Doing a good job.
    No need.

As I said after the game Henry, credit where it is due he got it right yesterday and full credit to him and the team. All these things are relative to how we all see things differently I still think GS is not decisive enough but you cant knock him when it works so hats off and celebrate the win mate.
    He's got it right all along, not just yesterday :- )
  • The nation in good spirits...looks like a great day to bury bad news, eh Daniel Levy?
    Announcement shortly apparently.

Nuno.  Mendes' client.  Levy's got some kind of thing with Mendes and the DoF apparently.

From elsewhere - reliable source...

"From what I was told last night the new coach will have very little say on the players coming in. So a strong opinionated manager isn't going to work whatever happens. The incoming targets are already pretty much set and Mendes looks to be involved whoever the manager is. As I've said Mendes doesn't only deal in his own client's and is a fixer for other players and specifically clubs looking to buy and sell. Fwiw I'm far from happy with the situation but I suppose the only positive I can take from this all is that should it be Santo at least everyone who needs to be will be on the same page."

So let me get this right - he wasnt good enough for Wolves, yet Levy somehow thinks he's good enough for Spurs?
  • AndyG said:

Doing a good job.
    AndyG said:

Doing a good job.
    AndyG said:

Doing a good job.
    No need.

Yes he has I totally agree with you. As I said he cannot be knocked for what he has done so far and hopefully it will continue. As I keep saying we all have different perspectives and he has proved the people like me wrong and fair play too him.

As an example of this against Ukraine I dont think they will have much attacking threat and will sit back hoping to nick a goal, so I would love GS to change the team around ( and give some players a rest ) dont play 2 holding players in midfield, start Grealish, Sancho, Saka etc and go for their throats. But I accept that wont happen and folks like yourself will call me out for suggesting such a thing but different strokes for different folks. We all want the same outcome its just how we get there opinions differ mate
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    The nation in good spirits...looks like a great day to bury bad news, eh Daniel Levy?
    Announcement shortly apparently.

Nuno.  Mendes' client.  Levy's got some kind of thing with Mendes and the DoF apparently.

From elsewhere - reliable source...

"From what I was told last night the new coach will have very little say on the players coming in. So a strong opinionated manager isn't going to work whatever happens. The incoming targets are already pretty much set and Mendes looks to be involved whoever the manager is. As I've said Mendes doesn't only deal in his own client's and is a fixer for other players and specifically clubs looking to buy and sell. Fwiw I'm far from happy with the situation but I suppose the only positive I can take from this all is that should it be Santo at least everyone who needs to be will be on the same page."

So let me get this right - he wasnt good enough for Wolves, yet Levy somehow thinks he's good enough for Spurs?
    Better than Gattuso I guess but not the most inspiring appointment.
  • AndyG said:
    AndyG said:

Doing a good job.
    AndyG said:

Doing a good job.
    AndyG said:

Doing a good job.
    No need.

Yes he has I totally agree with you. As I said he cannot be knocked for what he has done so far and hopefully it will continue. As I keep saying we all have different perspectives and he has proved the people like me wrong and fair play too him.

As an example of this against Ukraine I dont think they will have much attacking threat and will sit back hoping to nick a goal, so I would love GS to change the team around ( and give some players a rest ) dont play 2 holding players in midfield, start Grealish, Sancho, Saka etc and go for their throats. But I accept that wont happen and folks like yourself will call me out for suggesting such a thing but different strokes for different folks. We all want the same outcome its just how we get there opinions differ mate
    So you still want us to change the winning formula and revert to the losing one.
    As you rightly say we all have different perspectives.
    Mind you, I don't believe for one moment he will change the successful strategy he's implemented for a good while.
    The success is built on clean sheets and making us hard to beat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Everton have appointed former Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez as their new manager.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57660542
  • clive said:
    Everton have appointed former Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez as their new manager.
    And then in the article the 2nd picture shows Gerard Houllier. That will please the Evertonians even more...😅
  • 'Merseyside Police are investigating a banner reading "We Know Where You Live - Don't Sign" aimed at Benitez - although it was actually left outside the wrong house.'

Brilliant, turns out the stupid f***ers didn't even know where he lived.
  • Is that an Everton ultra?
  • clive said:
    Everton have appointed former Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez as their new manager.
    "When an opportunity came up near my family house, I was immediately interested"
  • iaitch said:
    Sir Chris Hoy?
  • 'Merseyside Police are investigating a banner reading "We Know Where You Live - Don't Sign" aimed at Benitez - although it was actually left outside the wrong house.'

Brilliant, turns out the stupid f***ers didn't even know where he lived.
    Surely they must have burgled him a few times?
  • This should be on the jokes thread - he will be on the dole again in 3 months