Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    MattF said:
    Derek Adams has left Morecombe apparently to go to Bradford City
    Don't understand that. All that effort to get promoted out of L2, and soon as it's achieved, quits to take over a L2 side!

Yes Bradford are a much bigger club than Morecambe, but that's no guarantee of success. Richie Wellens got Swindon promoted to L1, quit after a few months to take over at Salford back in L2, where he only lasted a few months

Chairmen are rightfully attacked for not giving managers time to build a side, but a lot of managers are just as guilty, constantly jumping between jobs instead of building a club, like Ainsworth has done.
    Someone else did that with success not too long ago but I can’t recall who it was. I think the potential at Bradford will always be a draw. Leaves Morecombe in tough spot though. They were so lucky on the day in the play offs and unless they can buy some offensive players will desperately struggle to score next season.
    Ryan Lowe got Bury promoted and jumped ship to Plymouth.
    It's simple to understand, he's being paid more money.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    MattF said:
    Don't understand that. All that effort to get promoted out of L2, and soon as it's achieved, quits to take over a L2 side!

Yes Bradford are a much bigger club than Morecambe, but that's no guarantee of success. Richie Wellens got Swindon promoted to L1, quit after a few months to take over at Salford back in L2, where he only lasted a few months

Chairmen are rightfully attacked for not giving managers time to build a side, but a lot of managers are just as guilty, constantly jumping between jobs instead of building a club, like Ainsworth has done.
    Someone else did that with success not too long ago but I can’t recall who it was. I think the potential at Bradford will always be a draw. Leaves Morecombe in tough spot though. They were so lucky on the day in the play offs and unless they can buy some offensive players will desperately struggle to score next season.
    That one was understandable, as Bury collapsed weeks later, and he clearly saw the club was a shambles
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Bradford, the comatose giant
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    MattF said:

Bury being wound up had nothing to do with it ?
    Probably, but I was answering RC's question, who else did it not long ago?
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    MattF said:

Bows keeping Brum up maybe he meant.
  • Options
    No, if anyone wants to read the thread it says -

"Don't understand that. All that effort to get promoted out of L2, and soon as it's achieved, quits to take over a L2 side!"

"Someone else did that with success not too long ago but I can’t recall who it was?"

• Options
    Paul Cook did it, albeit a year later. Got Chesterfield promoted, then took them to the League 1 play offs before leaving to drop down to League 2 with Pompey. 
  • Options
    Bradford City have appointed former Morecambe boss Derek Adams as their new manager on a three-year contract.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57343627
  • Options
    It's bizarre that Bradford haven't played at Championship level since 2003-04, and have spent much of that time in L2

• Options
    seems odds on that Conté will be next up at Spurs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    MattF said:

You did thank you 👍 Exactly who I was thinking of
  • Options
    It is.

1/2 in fact.
  • Options

Guess he didn't get the assurances about money and transfers he wanted. 
  • Options
    Absolute shower of sh*t.

Italian media have been pushing this message all day so no suprise!
  • Options
    It is.

1/2 in fact.
    Won't be long now 'til Mason is odds on
  • Options

Sounds like this is the 'Levy Leak' so the fans don't turn on him too hard. 
  • Options
    It is.

1/2 in fact.
    And now out to 8-1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He left Chelsea and Inter because they wouldnt let him have the players he wanted.... so the biggest question is why Levy ever thought he'd be interested in the Spurs job, knowing whatever player he asked for, Levy would source a cheaper, inferior one for him to work with.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    and call me cynical, the links to Poch and Conte were leaked before the ST renewal deadline.  As soon as it passes, oooh Spurs have 'concerns'.  Well I never.  
    Does stink of that to be fair, a publicity stunt but were obviously nowhere near a deal with Conte. 
  • Options
    Andrea Pirlo and ex-Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri are both contenders for the Everton job, with the former supposedly in talks with owner Farhad Moshiri. (Calciomercato, in Italian)

Pirlo was hardly a great success at Juve, though as a "big name" he might satisfy some of the star players
  • Options
    Juventus won 9 straight titles then Pirlo became manager and they finished fourth this season.

Could he be another great player but average manager?
  • Options
    Andrea Pirlo and ex-Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri are both contenders for the Everton job, with the former supposedly in talks with owner Farhad Moshiri. (Calciomercato, in Italian)

Pirlo was hardly a great success at Juve, though as a "big name" he might satisfy some of the star players
    Why bow down to players. Pirlo hasn’t been a good manager so far, why don’t clubs take punts on the likes of the Norwich or Brentford managers
  • Options

Why bow down to players. Pirlo hasn’t been a good manager so far, why don’t clubs take punts on the likes of the Norwich or Brentford managers
    When a player from Europe is signing for a club, would he want to work with Pirlo everyday or a man that's won the English second league? 
  • Options
    Probably depends on the pay being offered?
  • Options

When a player from Europe is signing for a club, would he want to work with Pirlo everyday or a man that's won the English second league? 
    Pirlo has just finished 4th in a one team league
  • Options

Mental logic. Pirlo has just failed at Juventus. Being a top player doesn't mean you're going to be a top manager, I'd imagine even footballers realise that.