Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Think Nuno would prefer the Everton job over Palace and he's probably the best they'll get.
    Everton would be a good move for Eddie Howe.
    I sort've think Howe might be waiting to see if the England job becomes available in a few months...
    I can't see England picking a coach with no international experience, whether as a player or as a manager (or even assistant). Or even any European experience
  • Options
    clive said:
    Carlo Ancelotti has left Everton to become head coach of Real Madrid for a second time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57319559
    All done in less than 24hrs.
    Thats how you run a football club.
    Unlike Daniel Levy who is still dicking around.
  • Options
    Who is the GOAT? 
    Chief board ITKer (so you can ignore that!)
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    clive said:
    Carlo Ancelotti has left Everton to become head coach of Real Madrid for a second time.

I have a feeling that if Spurs had unveiled Ancelotti there would have been a meltdown amongst their supporters saying why are we going for a manager who just finished 10th in the PL. 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    clive said:

I'm not Real Madrid are an example of how to run a football club tbh
  • Options
    Anticipating the meltdown if Gerrard or Rafa rock up at Everton.
  • Options
    Be surprised if Gerrard leaves Rangers this summer with the prospect of the Champions League next season 
  • Options
    Would be hilarious if Gerrard went to Everton but won't happen
  • Options
    Could see Rafa there but no chance Gerrard goes Everton. 
  • Options
    Would be hilarious if Gerrard went to Everton but won't happen
    Because he's going to Manchester United.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could see Rafa there but no chance Gerrard goes Everton. 
    Moyes could go back... then I would laugh at GSB!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    clive said:

I'm not Real Madrid are an example of how to run a football club tbh
    In terms of selecting a manager decisively, I would say they are in direct comparison to THFC.
  • Options
    Real have just gone for an experienced yes man given they'll be skint, you'd moan of Spurs did the same.

Ancelotti is decent but he's basically there so they don't have to back a Conte or Poch with too many new players.
  • Options
    Re: the Fabrizio Romano tweet, he's followed the lead of Sky Sports Italia and a few other Italian press/media sites.

Meanwhile, The Source @SecretPrem (who broke Ancelotti to Real Madrid first) reckons Spurs will announce Pochettino at 5pm today, so who knows.

The usual ITK sources are quiet.  They normally get wind straight away of whats going on, so having to take everything with copious amounts of salt at the mo.  Even one of my best mates that works for the club doesnt know whats going on and he has direct links to the boardroom.  So wont believe anything until there's a picture of someone holding a contract with a pen in his hand.
  • Options
    Might be telling that the tweet I linked has since been deleted re: the announcement today.
    Will be interesting to see what happens :)

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Re: the Fabrizio Romano tweet, he's followed the lead of Sky Sports Italia and a few other Italian press/media sites.

Meanwhile, The Source @SecretPrem (who broke Ancelotti to Real Madrid first) reckons Spurs will announce Pochettino at 5pm today, so who knows.

The usual ITK sources are quiet.  They normally get wind straight away of whats going on, so having to take everything with copious amounts of salt at the mo.  Even one of my best mates that works for the club doesnt know whats going on and he has direct links to the boardroom.  So wont believe anything until there's a picture of someone holding a contract with a pen in his hand gun to their head.
    corrected for you ;-))
  • Options
    West Brom are set to look at alternative candidates to be their new manager after extensive talks with former Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder. (Football Insider)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It would be classic Levy if, similarly to all those rumoured big money signings that they were going to make in bygone seasons but never actually did, they end up with Mason!
  • Options
    Derek Adams has left Morecombe apparently to go to Bradford City
  • Options
    It would be classic Levy if, similarly to all those rumoured big money signings that they were going to make in bygone seasons but never actually did, they end up with Mason!
    Wouldn't surprise me at all tbh with you!
  • Options
    Currently watching a live interview with Chris Cowlin and Fabrizio Romano.  Looks like its actually happening.
    The new DOF surely means the end of Steve Hitchen of Director of Player Recruitment - that will make a lot of Spurs fans VERY happy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZiF2dMvjUQ&ab_channel=TottenhamFanChrisCowlin
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Keith Hill may be a good replacement.
  • Options
    Looks like Steve Cooper is going to the Nigels.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Don't understand that. All that effort to get promoted out of L2, and soon as it's achieved, quits to take over a L2 side!

Yes Bradford are a much bigger club than Morecambe, but that's no guarantee of success. Richie Wellens got Swindon promoted to L1, quit after a few months to take over at Salford back in L2, where he only lasted a few months

Chairmen are rightfully attacked for not giving managers time to build a side, but a lot of managers are just as guilty, constantly jumping between jobs instead of building a club, like Ainsworth has done.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Don't understand that. All that effort to get promoted out of L2, and soon as it's achieved, quits to take over a L2 side!

Yes Bradford are a much bigger club than Morecambe, but that's no guarantee of success. Richie Wellens got Swindon promoted to L1, quit after a few months to take over at Salford back in L2, where he only lasted a few months

Chairmen are rightfully attacked for not giving managers time to build a side, but a lot of managers are just as guilty, constantly jumping between jobs instead of building a club, like Ainsworth has done.
    Someone else did that with success not too long ago but I can’t recall who it was. I think the potential at Bradford will always be a draw. Leaves Morecombe in tough spot though. They were so lucky on the day in the play offs and unless they can buy some offensive players will desperately struggle to score next season.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Him from Swansea?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Absolute match made in heaven that!
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options
    Addickted said:
    Palace copying Brighton!

Brighton had an experienced British manager, and replaced him with a younger more "progressive" manager from Swansea