Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2021
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57251959

Malky Mackay is set for his first job as a manager in six years, with Ross County expected to appoint him as John Hughes' successor.

The ex-Watford and Cardiff City boss, 49, ended a four-year stint as Scottish FA performance director in November.
    Mackay's last full-time managerial role was at Wigan Athletic where he was sacked after five months.
    Hughes, who replaced Stuart Kettlewell in December, left on Monday after keeping County in the top flight.
  • Options
    Pochettino back to Spurs ????? .. he might be on thin ice as Paris S G lose the title
  • Options
    Conte to leave Inter Milan ????
  • Options
    Apparently pissed off at the way the club is being run and has been told they need to sell players. They're fucked financially, and their Chinese owners even folded their chinese super league club (Jiangsu Suning) earlier this year because of financial worries, a few months after they'd been crowned champions.
  • Options
    Seems Roberto Martinez is in talks to be the next Spurs Manager

Screams a bit of a step back given his lack of success @ Everton
    No chance.  Levy would have a riot in his hands...

Apparently pissed off at the way the club is being run and has been told they need to sell players. They're fucked financially, and their Chinese owners even folded their chinese super league club (Jiangsu Suning) earlier this year because of financial worries, a few months after they'd been crowned champions.
    Sweet FA chance of him coming to Spurs for that reason...
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Spurs are slap bang average and could be without Kane next season and without a major trophy since pre Jesus times. Who realistically would want the job 
  • Options
    Poch to Spurs, Conte to PSG?

I can see the latter happening at some point but not so sure on Poch.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Pity that, my mind just wandered off into a daydream where Levy and Conte held a joint press conference, with Levy wearing Conte's wig  ;)
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Spurs are slap bang average and could be without Kane next season and without a major trophy since pre Jesus times. Who realistically would want the job 
    True but i guess Levy would have to promise any manager a very high salary plus the Kane money (120-150m) plus whatever they were going to spend anyway (about 7 quid). I joke but let's say 50m on top of the Kane money.

Not a bad sum to start rebuilding a side with. Maybe go after Lingard and Ings (both have only 1 year left so would be cheap) so you could start your rebuild with 2 established pro's for less than 50m.

I know Spurs fans won't like Kane leaving but you could buy half a new team with the money if you spend it wisely. 
  • Options
    Like the money they got from Bale, they pissed most of that up the wall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

You really dont need to remind me.  I've sat through enough brain numbing football under Mourinho to know.

Let's see what happens but I'm telling you Levy will have a riot on his hands if he appoints Martinez.

I just cant see Conte coming as he'll want a massive pot of money to spend and we all know how Levy works.  Levy said he wants the club to find its DNA and that means attacking football.  Does Conte play that way? All I remember was 3-5-2 with wing backs (Moses and Alonso) and two holding midfielders, no?  He must have been attacking to an extent as they won the title but cant remember how they were set up now.   That doesn't add up on any level.

From the information we have, it looks likely an appointment will be made shortly and we'll go back to a DOF/Coach model again.  It appears there has been a massive drop in ST renewals and the deadline is this week.  Spurs do like to fabricate stories and leak them to the press themselves.

Every chance Zidane may leave Real Madrid.
    Can see Conte replacing him.
    Now if only Zidane had a massive French club waiting for him?

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

You really dont need to remind me.  I've sat through enough brain numbing football under Mourinho to know.

Let's see what happens but I'm telling you Levy will have a riot on his hands if he appoints Martinez.

I just cant see Conte coming as he'll want a massive pot of money to spend and we all know how Levy works.  Levy said he wants the club to find its DNA and that means attacking football.  Does Conte play that way? All I remember was 3-5-2 with wing backs (Moses and Alonso) and two holding midfielders, no?  He must have been attacking to an extent as they won the title but cant remember how they were set up now.   That doesn't add up on any level.

From the information we have, it looks likely an appointment will be made shortly and we'll go back to a DOF/Coach model again.  It appears there has been a massive drop in ST renewals and the deadline is this week.  Spurs do like to fabricate stories and leak them to the press themselves.

Can't remember completely but I'm sure the move to 352 was to make them stronger at the back after they lost a couple - get Azpilicueta inside to help out and have Kante sit in front, rather than making them more expansive.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

If Zidane leaves Real Madrid, Allegri will take over.
  • Options
    Good point, forgot about Allegri.
  • Options

Inter apparently need to recoup money this summer and Conte wasn't very happy with that. 
  • Options
    Spurs supposedly want a manager with a softer approach so probably rules out Conte.

A bit surprised Potter is one of the favs, seems a big jump from Brighton 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
  • Options
    siblers said:
    Spurs supposedly want a manager with a softer approach so probably rules out Conte.

A bit surprised Potter is one of the favs, seems a big jump from Brighton 
    They already have him working in their academy but not high profile enough.
  • Options
    siblers said:

It's just like the cycle how clubs alternate between pragmatic managers who get results, and "passing" managers who play better football, but don't get results.

Have the boring pragmatic manager (Big Sam, Moyes etc)
    Replace them with a continental (or young British manager) because you want better football
    Bring back the pragmatic manager when your defence struggles and you don't get success etc

Similarly, alternating between the tough manager who'll organise the team to get results (Jose in previous jobs) who eventually makes too many enemies, and the "people person" manager who initially gives everyone a boost but eventually is seen as too "nice"!
  • Options
    Means the winning managers of the French, German and Italian leagues are all leaving their jobs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Means the winning managers of the French, German and Italian leagues are all leaving their jobs.
    What a bizarre situation. It does feel that the Premier League is operating in its own unique world at the moment, where none of the top clubs are having to make cutbacks or sell their best players unlike in other countries.
  • Options
    siblers said:

It's just like the cycle how clubs alternate between pragmatic managers who get results, and "passing" managers who play better football, but don't get results.

Have the boring pragmatic manager (Big Sam, Moyes etc)
    Replace them with a continental (or young British manager) because you want better football
    Bring back the pragmatic manager when your defence struggles and you don't get success etc

Similarly, alternating between the tough manager who'll organise the team to get results (Jose in previous jobs) who eventually makes too many enemies, and the "people person" manager who initially gives everyone a boost but eventually is seen as too "nice"!
    It should be one of the reasons for having a strong DoF who the Manager reports to. 

The DoF sets the style and the managers follows that plan. The style is taught throughout the organization - so all your development teams are doing the same thing. Young players know what’s expected of them when they get called up. You sign players who play the type of game you want to play - and you have to be patient. 

Constantly changing managers who change the style and then want different players is unsustainable in the long run. 
  • Options
    Ha this is proper mental now
  • Options
    What about this for a merry go round?

Allegri goes to Inter. Conte goes to Real Madrid. Zidane goes to Juve (if they sack Pirlo).

Realistically though given their big financial issues i think Inter probably need to look below the top tier of managers.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Maybe Man Utd might think about ditching OGS now.  Good time to do it with big names available.
  • Options
    Inter should bring back one of their former managers, who's now available...

Roy Hodgson!
  • Options

Forest Green Rovers have appointed England Under-16s boss Rob Edwards as their new head coach.

The 38-year-old, who had also been assisting the England Under-20s, replaces Mark Cooper, who was sacked by the club in April.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57267129

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Maybe Man Utd might think about ditching OGS now.  Good time to do it with big names available.
    They should, but they won't.

He'll stay as this season will be seen as progress, despite him clearly not having enough tactical nous about him when push comes to shove.

Last night was such a good example - soft goal to concede as they are poor at the back, and they HD no ideas on how to break down a side parking the bus at 1-0.
  • Options
    Swindon Town are delighted to announce the appointment of John McGreal as our new First Team Manager. John has signed a two-year contract at the club keeping him at the County Ground until Summer 2023.
    https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2021/may/john-mcgreal-appointed-as-town-boss/