Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Richie Wellens is the new Doncaster Manager, he's having one strange career
    He played for them of course, did a great managerial job at Swindon and for some reason the Salford glam pussies sacked him as manager .. I think he'll do a good job at Donny as I rate him as a manager who likes his teams to play good football with an added tough streak
    It's certainly a good move for him, indeed he can be considered a touch fortunate to get a decent L1 side
  • Options
    Woy is leaving the Nigel’s . 
  • Options
    Unfortunately not leaving them in the shit.
  • Options
    Let’s hope they make a bad decision with his replacement and their time is up in the Prem . 
    Frank Lampard (Jnr) is being mooted 
  • Options
    Hodgson was never going to relegate them but was never going to have them challenge in the top half. Here’s the hope that the next manager will be useless and have them down next season.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Let’s hope they make a bad decision with his replacement and their time is up in the Prem . 
    Frank Lampard (Jnr) is being mooted 
    No chance . Lampard's ambitions are much bigger than that scummy lot . I wouldn’t be surprised to see him turn up at Spurs . 
  • Options
    Hodgson was never going to relegate them but was never going to have them challenge in the top half. Here’s the hope that the next manager will be useless and have them down next season.
    He did a good job there .. I know in the Prem, all the clubs spend cash like drunken sailors. Hodgson has spent a good few quid like everyone else but spent pretty wisely and got value at the bottom end of the 'market' .. I suspect that Palace will go right down the tubes when he leaves, and presumably his 'right arm' Lewington will go with him .. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully if Lampard gets it he's about as successful as their last Frank.
  • Options
    A massive rebuild there this summer with a lot of aging players out of contract. A real chance for someone to come in and build his own team, hopefully disastrously!
  • Options
    Wont be surprised to see Palace struggling next season, really wont
  • Options
    unfortunately, Parish is no fool and will probably have someone lined up who is half decent.

Just hope there's some idiot in the background looking at Rooney or someone like that
  • Options
    Will probably re-hire Allardyce knowing our luck
  • Options
    Big Sam stepping down at West Brom

"West Brom made me a generous offer to stay at The Hawthorns that shows the commitment of an ambitious club. After serious consideration I have decided not to accept that offer.
    "If I were to stay and achieve promotion next season the expectation would be for me to continue for at least another season and, sadly, that is not a commitment I feel able to make at this stage of my career.
    "I believe the club now needs stability and continuity and this would, in my opinion, best be provided by a young and ambitious manager who can get us back to where we should be as an established Premier League football club.
    "I must thank the players and staff, in particular Luke Dowling and Ken (Xu Ke), for their unwavering commitment to a very difficult challenge during my time at the club. This challenge was made all the more difficult, of course, by the enforced absence of the club’s fantastic supporters, some of whom I am delighted were present for our final home game against West Ham United.
    "The club have asked for my opinion on the qualities my successor will require and I have been more than happy to offer my thoughts. The search for my replacement starts after the final game of the season at Leeds United. In the meantime, we will be concentrating fully on the preparation for that game and will do everything we can to finish the season with as many points as possible."
  • Options
    Translation: Sod off am I managing in the Championship 
    Next manager at Spurs  ;)
  • Options
    He can't lose really. Gets called in at Christmas with a club in deep trouble.

If he turns it around he's a hero.

If he doesn't then not his fault as damage already done by the previous manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would Bilic have got less points?

Would have been a better bet in The Championship than starting again with a new manager too.
  • Options
    Bilic was sacked in December with the club in 19th after taking 7 points from 13 games.

Allardyce has them in 19th after taking 19 points from 24 games.

• Options
    Wilder and Appleton guessed at being in the frame for the WBA job (BBC)
  • Options
    Wilder and Appleton guessed at being in the frame for the WBA job (BBC)
    Appleton would be a good choice as an ex-player there
  • Options
    It's about time Appleton changed job

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Nuno Espirito Santo leaving Wolves at the end of the season

• Options
    MattF said:
    Nuno Espirito Santo leaving Wolves at the end of the season

Not really surprised at this one.