Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Bit of a surprise that, maybe they feel that things have got a bit stale this season, but the big issue was selling Jota and bringing in the kid Silva, as when they lost Jimenez they ended up very light up top
  • Options
    would have been a good job for Jose Mourinho being Portuguese …..
  • Options
    Well, someone's just gone from 7/1 to 11/10 in a matter of seconds...
  • Options
    Would be the best option for Spurs
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Nuno Espirito Santo leaving Wolves at the end of the season

Definitely sounds like Spurs to me.
  • Options
    Toys are being thrown out of prams on the Spurs boards.
    Just seen Nuno described as the Portuguese Sam Allardyce.  Hmmm.

Tbh I havent seen a lot of Wolves over the last few years, only the games against Spurs.  Liked the look of Ruben Neves and Morgan Gibb-White when I saw them.

I have to say, we could do a lot worse.

But why would Wolves release him from a contract if he was going to go to Spurs.  Surely you hold him to his contract and then you get compensation when Spurs come in for him?
  • Options
    Wonder who the next Manager of Portugal will now be
  • Options
    Think losing Jota and Jimenez really hasn't helped Wolves. Makes sense for Nuno to move on as they've stagnated. 

Fabio Silva was a big gamble at £40m that hasn't worked out yet. 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Toys are being thrown out of prams on the Spurs boards.
    Just seen Nuno described as the Portuguese Sam Allardyce.  Hmmm.

Tbh I havent seen a lot of Wolves over the last few years, only the games against Spurs.  Liked the look of Ruben Neves and Morgan Gibb-White when I saw them.

I have to say, we could do a lot worse.

But why would Wolves release him from a contract if he was going to go to Spurs.  Surely you hold him to his contract and then you get compensation when Spurs come in for him?
    unless he has a clause in his contract of some sort?
  • Options
    Ah.  Something I've totally missed (for once) and just been pointed out by one of my mates.
    Lewis & Levy are working closely now with Jorge Mendez, the super agent.
    Agent of Mourinho...and Nuno.

Probably more nailed on than I realised if Mendez is involved. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

From one of the longest running Spurs board.  Poll for next Spurs manager wanted.  Hansi Flick is under other and seems a popular choice (although highly like he's taking the Germany job shortly!)
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Ah.  Something I've totally missed (for once) and just been pointed out by one of my mates.
    Lewis & Levy are working closely now with Jorge Mendez, the super agent.
    Agent of Mourinho...and Nuno.

Probably more nailed on than I realised if Mendez is involved. 
    Mendez is essentially a part owner of Wolves, although off the books and through his agency. He brought in Nuno and the revolving door of Portuguese players and part of the deal is that Wolves get the transfers in cheaply and then can’t hold them hostage when it’s time for them to go to greener pastures. Wolves fans refused to see the rather grimy relationship when it was working but are finally seeing its downsides the last year.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

From one of the longest running Spurs board.  Poll for next Spurs manager wanted.  Hansi Flick is under other and seems a popular choice (although highly like he's taking the Germany job shortly!)
    Surprised that Graham Potter has so many votes
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

I thought that then assumed it was Harry they wanted to weave his magic ...
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

His Brighton side do play very good football and whilst it would be a risky appointment I don't believe it would be an expensive one
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

His Brighton side do play very good football and whilst it would be a risky appointment I don't believe it would be an expensive one
    Tbh with you, I'm surprised he was so high up on the voting too.  They do play attractive, pressing football, sort of in the same mould as Poch had us playing.  If Brighton had a reliable goal scorer up front, they would have been much higher.

I'm at the point now where I've got no idea who they should bring in next.  I felt like that before Poch and I wasnt convinced by him at all to start with.  It took him a good 12m to clear the deadwood and get the players understanding his regime and system.  If I could pick anyone, I think I'd go with Bielsa tbh.  Just love how they attack.  Poch describes himself as Bielsa Lite.  He's a Bielsa Disciple.  Even Pep lauds his ways.

Having said that, although I dont think he'd consider it, I think Levy will try to tempt Rodgers by making an official approach but expecting it to be rejected out of hand.
  • Options
    Potter is more realistic than Rodgers, as Spurs is a clear step up from Brighton, which isn't the case with Spurs versus Leicester as while Spurs might have a Big 6 stadium, their history doesn't live up to it.
  • Options
    I agree not a chance Rodgers would leave Leicester for Spurs. The difference in ambition and support by the ownership of the 2 clubs is miles apart. That would rank as a stupid move by Rodgers as bad as if Chucks went to Shef Weds over us 😂
  • Options
    MattF said:

Not really surprised at this one
    Bit of a surprise that, maybe they feel that things have got a bit stale this season, but the big issue was selling Jota and bringing in the kid Silva, as when they lost Jimenez they ended up very light up top
    Come on guys make your mind up.

Am I supposed to be surprised at this or not? :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Zidane!! Absolutely no chance. Same for Rodgers.

Also Ten Hag just signed a new 2 year contract at Ajax, so he also won't be going there.
  • Options
    BBC today has this:-

Tottenham will try to persuade Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers, 48, to become their new manager if the Foxes fail to qualify for the Champions League. (Sun)

It's not as if Spurs can offer him Champions League football next season. 
  • Options

Bayern Munich's departing manager Hansi Flick will succeed Joachim Low as Germany boss after this summer's European Championship.

Low is leaving the role following the delayed Euro 2020, having been in the post since 2006.

Flick has signed a contract to be Germany manager until 2024.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57238150

• Options
    NO Herr Flick jokes please ((:>)
  • Options
    Seems Roberto Martinez is in talks to be the next Spurs Manager

Screams a bit of a step back given his lack of success @ Everton
  • Options

but redeemed himself as Belgium manager .. there of course he has plenty of world class players
  • Options
    Bruno Lage looks like he could well be the next Wolves Manager.

Portuguese and ex-Benfica boss
  • Options
    MattF said:

Not really surprised at this one
    Come on guys make your mind up.

Am I supposed to be surprised at this or not? :-)
    Be somewhere in the middle. Or be very surprised. 
  • Options

but redeemed himself as Belgium manager .. there of course he has plenty of world class players
    Karel Fraeye could've probably had some level of success with that Belgium squad.
  • Options
    Lille manager has quit two days after wining the title