Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Poch in talks with Spurs to return according to SSN
  • Options
    Surprised Juve aren't tempted by Conte rather than Allegri.
  • Options
    I really dont know how I feel about this.

I love the magnificent b*stard.  I really do but it smacks of Levy thinking Poch can get a tune out of the current squad.  Part of me thinks it makes sense, part of me think its absolutely mental and it will all end up in tears and tarnish his first spell.

Having said that, I'd take him back over any of the names mentioned over the last week or so...Conte apart.  He knows the club inside out and everyone loves him.  Just have to hope the board actually back him this time.  Would make sense to give him a DOF to work with.

Ironically, by pure coincidence, my Facebook memories have reminded me that 7 years ago today, Spurs appointed Poch.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

I love the magnificent b*stard.  I really do but it smacks of Levy thinking Poch can get a tune out of the current squad.  Part of me thinks it makes sense, part of me think its absolutely mental and it will all end up in tears and tarnish his first spell.

Having said that, I'd take him back over any of the names mentioned over the last week or so...Conte apart.  He knows the club inside out and everyone loves him.  Just have to hope the board actually back him this time.  Would make sense to give him a DOF to work with.

Ironically, by pure coincidence, my Facebook memories have reminded me that 7 years ago today, Spurs appointed Poch.
    Hubby reckons it’s only to convince Harry to stay because in a Covid world Levy won’t get enough for him to make it worth selling 🤷‍♀️

He is much in the same boat as I’d be if SCP were to be reappointed as our manager in the future. Love the idea but really? 🤔
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

I talked this morning on the England cricket thread about how some sportsmen need to leave a club to find themselves. Managers are no different and in Poch's case the step away from Spurs and move to PSG has probably helped him to crystalize his mind on everything that is both right and wrong at Spurs.

They do say that you should never go back but that is usually in situations where you have had unrivalled success. Poch has unfinished business but the one thing that he should demand is backing in the transfer market and for players he wants rather than ones that are thrust on him.
  • Options
    KBslittlesis said:

Hubby reckons it’s only to convince Harry to stay because in a Covid world Levy won’t get enough for him to make it worth selling 🤷‍♀️

He is much in the same boat as I’d be if SCP were to be reappointed as our manager in the future. Love the idea but really? 🤔
    I agree.  Think Levy will do everything in his power to try and keep H.  He also wants STs purchased.  Renewal deadline is this week.  He needs to get the fans back onside.  From that point of view, bring Poch back is a winner in his eyes.

But... some of the Spurs ITK did say H was behind Poch's sacking.  Believable?  I dont know but it was from normally accurate sources.  Time will tell.  
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    KBslittlesis said:

I agree.  Think Levy will do everything in his power to try and keep H.  He also wants STs purchased.  Renewal deadline is this week.  He needs to get the fans back onside.  From that point of view, bring Poch back is a winner in his eyes.

But... some of the Spurs ITK did say H was behind Poch's sacking.  Believable?  I dont know but it was from normally accurate sources.  Time will tell.  
    May have some truth to it as I know from hearing at first hand how H's agent brother is hated by all at THFC
  • Options
    Sheffield United have named Slaviša Jokanović as their next Manager

Potentially a very good choice
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Indeed, he got Watford and Fulham promoted.
  • Options
    Given Levy is set to lose Kane and the disaster of Mourinho's appointment..... frankly he should be the one sacked.
  • Options
    Given Levy is set to lose Kane and the disaster of Mourinho's appointment..... frankly he should be the one sacked.
    If only 🙄🙏🏻
  • Options
    Inter are now in advanced talks with Simone Inzaghi on a two-years contract. The agreement is getting closer and he’s set to be the new Inter manager after Antonio Conte.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    KBslittlesis said:

I've been on a job with a spurs fan for a weeks. He's banging on about Roberto Martinez all week saying its a done deal.
    Will be interesting to hear his view on Monday now that all of these good managers are maybe available.
    Big big decision for Spurs.
  • Options
    I see Chris Wilder is set to be announced as West Brom manager as well. Very good appointment for them. 
  • Options
    I see Chris Wilder is set to be announced as West Brom manager as well. Very good appointment for them. 
    It'll be interesting to compare how West Brom under Wilder do versus Sheff Utd under Jokanovic
  • Options

Former Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe has turned down the opportunity to be Celtic's new team boss.

The deposed Scottish champions had hoped the 43-year-old would sign a contract in the next few days after he became their preferred candidate.

It is not clear why he decided against the move, but it is understood the make-up of his backroom team could have played a part.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57286385

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Wonder where he and Celtic go now - He's being very much like Curbs with his choices
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heard Celtic are interested in Leil Nennon
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    He messed Charlton about like this.

Accepted the job, then asked for more money, was given it, then asked for yet more and was told no.
  • Options

Accepted the job, then asked for more money, was given it, then asked for yet more and was told no.
    Wasn't it after Parky we were linked with Howe?
  • Options

Can't remember now.
  • Options

Yeah we ended up going for Powell
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    A lot of the managerial changes are down to the manager being upset that because of finances, many clubs either won’t be splashing the cash this summer or even perhaps will be outright net sellers in the transfer window. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021

Yeah we ended up going for Powell
    He ended up going to Burnley. After committing to us, and then committing to Bournemouth.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    clive said:

Former Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe has turned down the opportunity to be Celtic's new team boss.

The deposed Scottish champions had hoped the 43-year-old would sign a contract in the next few days after he became their preferred candidate.

It is not clear why he decided against the move, but it is understood the make-up of his backroom team could have played a part.

Rumoured to be about his backroom staff and Celtic's preferred list of target signing. 
    I wonder if any of his backroom staff are of the opposite persuasion...???  (Blue, rather than Green......or more succinctly, dont say 3 hail Mary's when they swear)
  • Options
    clive said:

Rumoured to be about his backroom staff and Celtic's preferred list of target signing. 
    I wonder if any of his backroom staff are of the opposite persuasion...???  (Blue, rather than Green......or more succinctly, dont say 3 hail Mary's when they swear)
    From the rumours, some didn't fancy moving to Glasgow, and then others were still at Bournemouth but Celtic wouldn't pay the necessary fee to Bournemouth. Either way, Howe has mucked them around with his demands and I suspect was never truly 100% committed to getting the job. Still feel he wants to be down south and is setting his sights on the Palace job. 
  • Options
    Could also have something to do with the fact that Howe has a young family and has seen the Celtic CEO get his house fire bombed last week, with his kids asleep inside.
    Slightly higher expectation than the sleepy south coast.