Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Chris Wilder parted company with Boro.

Do we want another former player as manager at the Valley?
    His struggles this season have been a major surprise. He couldn't get it right.
  • Options
    I honestly expected Wilder to be a success at Boro and thought it was a very good appointment from Steve Gibson , but it just hasn't worked out at all. Will be interesting to see what direction they go next, press are linking Rob Edwards and Gary O'Neil already 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Matt Taylor has become Rotherham's new Manager

Says it all about our problems, if he was a genuine target for Sandgaard, and opted to stay @ Exeter...
  • Options

Says it all about our problems, if he was a genuine target for Sandgaard, and opted to stay @ Exeter...
    I read (possibly on here) that he was the main target on paper but interviewed very poorly. 

The start Exeter have made is likely to have him on the radar further up the pyramid than when we were linked last summer
  • Options

Or more simply perhaps he couldn't resist testing himself at a higher level in the EFL. We could not offer that.
  • Options
    Kips said:

Or more simply perhaps he couldn't resist testing himself at a higher level in the EFL. We could not offer that.
    Rotherham are a much safer club to go to, as well as being in the Championship, they've been stable and well run for several years now.

I imagine the style of football expected is different too.
  • Options
    edited October 2022

His struggles this season have been a major surprise. He couldn't get it right.
    I believe he was linked with Bournemouth job, but played it down. Can’t see him being out of a job for too long.
  • Options

Been a bit too rigid in sticking to a formation/way of playing that people have worked out, by all accounts.
  • Options

Been a bit too rigid in sticking to a formation/way of playing that people have worked out, by all accounts.
    an example of another manager who had a few blinding years at a couple of clubs and then ran out of puff and ideas and never again looks to have any real prospect of success wherever he goes .. I am sure Sandy will resist the temptation to offer him our job when Garner is sacked
  • Options

an example of another manager who had a few blinding years at a couple of clubs and then ran out of puff and ideas and never again looks to have any real prospect of success wherever he goes .. I am sure Sandy will resist the temptation to offer him our job when Garner is sacked
    Shows the value of getting a manager at the right time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Shows the value of getting a manager at the right time.
    indeed .. let's all hope that Sandy gets it right next time
  • Options

I read (possibly on here) that he was the main target on paper but interviewed very poorly. 

Yeah, apparently Matt Taylor said he was results driven. 

PS: I may have made that up. :smile:

• Options

Still a major surprise though to see him fail at Boro, while Sheffield United lead the Championship under Paul Heckingbottom, someone I'm sure that none of the Blades fans wanted in permanent charge.
  • Options

The start Exeter have made is likely to have him on the radar further up the pyramid than when we were linked last summer
    " Interviewed very poorly "....Hmmm.

Interpret that as " Wanted too much input in signing players HE wanted  and in the style of play for his squad ".
    That's probably a more accurate way of saying it
  • Options

Interpret that as " Wanted too much input in signing players HE wanted  and in the style of play for his squad ".
    Matt also will know Jacko who , no doubt, would have given him the low lowdown on all things currently CAFC.
  • Options

Matt also will know Jacko who , no doubt, would have given him the low lowdown on all things currently CAFC.
    Remember Taylor saying that Exeter had no approach from Charlton when asked about the job .. said so there nothing to say 
  • Options
    Taylor now confirmed as Rotherham Manager 
  • Options
    Hasenhuttl seems to be the manager under immediate threat in the PL

Southampton are set to sack manager Ralph Hasenhuttl after the club's poor start to the season. (Telegraph - subscription required) 

Nottingham Forest boss Steve Cooper is a potential candidate to replace Hasenhuttl at St Mary's. (Mail)

Forest face competition from Leicester City to land Rafael Benitez as their new manager, if they decide to sack Cooper. (Football Insider)

New York Red Bulls head coach Gerhard Struber is also being considered by Forest. (Sun)
  • Options
    Xabi Alonso has been announced as manager at Bayer Leverkusen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sevilla have sacked Julen Lopetegui. An ideal candidate for Wolves?
  • Options
    Sevilla have sacked Julen Lopetegui. An ideal candidate for Wolves?
    Was being linked with them already so may be a shoo-in now.
  • Options
    I'd expect Lopetegui to be nailed on for Wolves. Almost appointed him when Fosun took over but he took the Spanish national team job 
  • Options

Leave Seville for Wolverhampton 🤔 
    Where did it all go wrong Julen?
  • Options
    congratulations to Forest for not sacking Cooper but giving him a new contract instead 
  • Options
    congratulations to Forest for not sacking Cooper but giving him a new contract instead 
    it was an offer .. he couldn't refuse
  • Options
    I'm glad they didn't sack him, but didn't expect them to give him a new contract instead!
  • Options
    I'm glad they didn't sack him, but didn't expect them to give him a new contract instead!
    The new contract probably removed any compensation clauses if they sack him 😂