Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

1227228229230231233»

Comments

• fenaddick said:
    Scott Lindsay set to be announced by MK Dons today. I think Crawley's L1 survival was only possible if they retained him so I think they'll end up rock bottom
    You have to wonder if Ben Garner's stint as Charlton Manager would have been very different had Lindsay joined his staff
  • fenaddick said:
    Scott Lindsay set to be announced by MK Dons today. I think Crawley's L1 survival was only possible if they retained him so I think they'll end up rock bottom
    You have to wonder if Ben Garner's stint as Charlton Manager would have been very different had Lindsay joined his staff
    Or we'd just hired Lindsay instead, seems pretty clear he was the tactical brain
  • fenaddick said:
    fenaddick said:
    Or we'd just hired Lindsay instead, seems pretty clear he was the tactical brain
    Nah Sandgaard would never have thought of that
  • I thought Lindsay did join?
  • I thought Lindsay did join?
    Scott Marshall joined, Scott Lindsay stayed at Swindon and got promoted to manager.
  • Will be interesting to see in what direction Crawley go. They failed badly going for a young head coach type appointment before - Kevin Betsy and Matthew Etherington were pretty disastrous pre Lindsay. 

Wonder if they go for an experienced head to try and keep them up , it's hard to tell with their ownership being so scattergun. 
  • It's the second time running Lindsey has left his job to go to a lower ranked side, first Swindon to Crawley, now Crawley to MKD.
  • As a fellow Lindsey, I wish people would spell his name right 😂 
  • Well I have MKDons and Bolton in pre season bets so delighted to see Lyndsey go to MKD and hoping Bolton make a positive change soon too...!
  • clive said:

Hearts have sacked head coach Steven Naismith following a run of eight successive defeats, with CEO Andrew McKinlay saying there was "little evidence of any potential upturn in fortunes".

Assistants Gordon Forrest and Frankie McAvoy have also been dismissed, with Hearts B team head coach Liam Fox appointed interim manager.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cdjeygg03meo

To lose eight on the bounce up there takes some doing, the football must have been shocking.
  • Sponsored links:

• clive said:

Hearts have sacked head coach Steven Naismith following a run of eight successive defeats, with CEO Andrew McKinlay saying there was "little evidence of any potential upturn in fortunes".

Assistants Gordon Forrest and Frankie McAvoy have also been dismissed, with Hearts B team head coach Liam Fox appointed interim manager.

After he lost his seat at the general election, I never imagined he would move into football coaching

• clive said:

After he lost his seat at the general election, I never imagined he would move into football coaching

Presumably he'll bring Adam Werritty along as his Assistant Manager 

(Nothing like a joke that would have been topical in 2011).