Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD STATEMENT - Response to Invitation from the Club

Comments

• Options

I have to admit that the summer break and relegation had sapped most of my fight but KM has managed to rekindle it, so I should thank her for that at least.

It's wonderful isn't it! We can always rely on the SMT to put their foot in it at the right time and give us the impetus we need :smiley:

Due to their arrogance they will never learn.

We are one day closer to getting rid of them.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    CharlTony said:

CharlTony said:

CARD just being pigheaded not accepting the invitation. Club clearly trying to create a dialogue and with the appointment of an English manager and his choice of players, to tread a new path. A very disappointing response and a lost opportunity. CARD have ceded the moral high ground with this response and come across as petty, vindictive and self obsessed.

Are you a fan of the Belgians?
    I'm just a disillusioned supporter like yourself - very distressed by the whole situation who believes that the disengagement between the owners and the more radical elements in the fanbase is driving away a whole section of the support. I who would much prefer dialogue to conflict and for all sides to pull together with a common aim of turning this situation around.
    I think the shit football is more likely to be driving away supporters, and for that we have Roland and Katrien to thanks. Oh, and Laptop Boy....
  • Options
    Outstanding statement from CARD. Well done whoever authored it!
  • Options
    The shot football doesn't help.

Last year often the protests were both more entertaining than the football but also seemed to spur on the football.

Last year I had season tickets in lower west much closer to the Jimmy seed than the covered end. Never going to make that mistake again.

You're grounds too big for you and this is an wedding library and give us a song ring loud now but at least league 1 away support looks a bit less than championship.

It's not good though. A rocking Valley with >15k home support is an impossibility under Katrien.

That's what we all want though?
  • Options
    What's a wedding library?
  • Options

What's a wedding library?

It's amazing the places you can get married in nowadays.
  • Options
    A typo
  • Options
    Admirably eloquent response from CARD as the SMT continue to embarrass themselves with yet another clumsy attempt to score a point. Arrogant, pathetic individuals drowning in their own incompetence as they continue to destroy our club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perhaps CARD should invite the PR Agency to a meeting on their own so that they can be provided with some background on their client?
  • Options
    I second another posters thoughts, we should have the meeting subject to us filming it and posting it online for everybody to see her ongoing bullshit.
  • Options
    sm said:

Perhaps CARD should invite the PR Agency to a meeting on their own so that they can be provided with some background on their client?

Any PR agency worth their salt will know all about their client's past. I'd expect them to have spent time with the SMT to get their take on things. And expect them to have read, marked and inwardly digested posts on this August forum.

I would be surprised if they left themselves unaware of the opinions of their client's nemeses.
  • Options
    If CARD wanted to employ the PR agency 'pitch' could they? Would be great to see two parts of the same company going against each other.
  • Options
    Absolutely perfect CARD, I enjoyed it so much that I have read it numerous times now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cambridge said:

Did you read the part "we lose nothing"? Agreeing to meet puts us in a positive light. Refusing does not. Think about it.

What's the point in having a meeting with a liar, will never believe anything that's said/promised complete waste of time.
  • Options
    Purchased ticket for Coventry. On my own as wife won't let my son come along as she's worried - maybe shows how outsiders are viewing matters? CARD have said they are too busy to meet me, understand but disappointed. If any of you do fancy a beer let me know which pub to go to - expecting Timbuktu top of the list so at least be original if not funny.
  • Options
    It is true though that people are not coming in part because of the protests.

Not every dad wants to take his 6 year old to a match where the main chant is Hey Roland, even in the family end.

I spoke to three parents today at Roo's 7 year old south Kent league game all of whom have been to the valley before and enjoyed it but who won't go if they know it's a protest day.

I think the protests are worth it. They agreed. It didn't want to run the risk of being involved if it all went a bit wrong.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

It is true though that people are not coming in part because of the protests.

Not every dad wants to take his 6 year old to a match where the main chant is Hey Roland, even in the family end.

I spoke to three parents today at Roo's 7 year old south Kent league game all of whom have been to the valley before and enjoyed it but who won't go if they know it's a protest day.

I think the protests are worth it. They agreed. It didn't want to run the risk of being involved if it all went a bit wrong.

I don't agree with the swearing but it is not reserved for protest games or protest songs.

Are these three parents Charlton fans? How many games have they been to this season?

In any case there is one very easy way for Katrien and Roland to stop the protests. Sell the club.