Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD STATEMENT - Response to Invitation from the Club

Comments

• Options
    Am a bit late in saying it, but that was a truly brilliant response from CARD. Well done to whoever wrote it. Hope the Belgian press will pick up on it, that would really show them up!
  • Options

The superb statement from CARD was far to articulate to be written by fans of Charlton; because according to Duchatelet's thought on Standard fans from two years ago, as translated by Heather for the Charlton Trust news in September 2015.

"Many of the quests who attend are unemployed and have nothing else to do all day. They spend all their time on internet forums. I can't compete with that".

So i can only conclude that the Card statement was written by the erudite Mel Baroni.

He really is a nasty piece of work - full of his own self-importance, arrogance, and a feeling of superiority.

To quote the old cliche - the bigger they are the harder they fall.
  • Options

I may have had more sympathy with the club had they not released a statement to the press about the invite hours after sending it and without a response from CARD. That one act shows this was a pure PR exercise on their front and has been treated with the contempt it deserved to be.

Great statement from CARD.

Bog off Roland.

Agreed. Notice how nothing was pre announced re Rat's Target 20k meeting. How stupid do they think we are?

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:

This meeting that was requested.... how are we to know that Ms Meire doesn't just want to buy a banner on Charlton Life or in the CARD Newsletter???

I think they wanted to buy a badge...... ;)
  • Options
    Cambridge is an anagram of Big Mad Rec.
    It's also an anagram of Tony Cahones.
    Amazing.
  • Options
    Cambridge said:

Excellent right through until the end. We could have written all that, sent to the press, had all the upside we do now AND said we are still supporters of Charlton and thus agreed to meet. We would look even better in the media and public eyes. We would have garnered support from other supporters who disagree and we would have lost absolutely nothing.

I was with someone yesterday asking if they would be willing to pay £40m for the club that is really worth about £7m in my view. (Yes they have the money). This sort of letter doesn't help my argument that if they bought the club the fans would return.

Fully know how unpopular I am on this site but you need to hear sensible comment rather than victriole and smoke up arse.

You've missed a trick here.

Oh come on! The time for talk has well passed.

As @JohnnyH2 said "It's the same tactics they always use when the natives get restless. Sack Peeters, appoint Luzon, Trust organise meeting - they respond by quickly arranging VIP q&a, stuff it full of other people and get KM to be interviewed by a 15 year old. Protest in car park before S Wed after Carol appointed - they respond by organising another q&a. This time they promise a strategic committee will be set up, never occurred. Protests before Brighton - they respond by wanting to talk to the Trust, an organisation they had ignored for 2 years."

Nothing changes after these requests; we have had enough. It is time for NightMeire to go, and Roland will then have to follow. They picked the wrong club...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did you read the part "we lose nothing"? Agreeing to meet puts us in a positive light. Refusing does not. Think about it.
  • Options
    Cambridge said:

Did you read the part "we lose nothing"? Agreeing to meet puts us in a positive light. Refusing does not. Think about it.

This was the position two years ago. That approach has been tried many, many times since to no effect. Whilst I agree in principle talking is never a bad thing where there's still hope but time's moved on with little sign of genuine progress off the pitch and zero on it.
  • Options
    Just catching up with CL so late to the party in adding my congratulations for a superb reply. It is both utterly uncompromising in its stance and exceptionally well worded. What's been said is calm, cool and collected - which is the only way to win a long running argument.

Enormous tip of the hat to CARD.
  • Options
    @ElfsborgAddick no copying of posts / pm's from other forums please, thanks fella.

• Options
    Don't know the author of this, but think its a really good piece summing things up (in my opinion)

http://blackheathaddicted.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/genuine-offer-or-more-cynical.html
  • Options

Don't know the author of this, but think its a really good piece summing things up (in my opinion)

http://blackheathaddicted.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/genuine-offer-or-more-cynical.html

That is very good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nothing to say that already hasn't already been said. Well done CARD.
  • Options

He's a good lad, met him a few times at pre match protests, giving out the unofficial programmes etc.

Then, like me, come near kick off time we make our way home.
  • Options

@ElfsborgAddick no copying of posts / pm's from other forums please, thanks fella.

Apologies, unaware of this.

Was a good one though eh!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Meire and Duchatelet should not be trusted under any circumstances. They have proved themselves to be Deceiving Liars since Day One of their Takeover of Charlton and therefore CARD's response was spot on.
  • Options

@Cambridge, worth a read as it explains very well why meeting isn't an option for CARD. It might be something CASTrust consider picking up again at some point but suspect it needs to wait for a new CEO/Owner, whichever comes first.

I think people are reacting to you because you have a certain bedside manner. I'm sure it's not intentional but attention to the presentation might help you, not wishing to patronise you in any way.