Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD STATEMENT - Response to Invitation from the Club

Comments

• Options
    How do we know this CharlTony is genuine?? Haha
  • Options
    Congratulations CARD- articulating my/our grievances. Spot on.
  • Options
    BR3red said:

Worryingly I put "Joe Read" into google to see who the other JR could be and the images were mainly of @Addickted2TheReds preening himself in arty black and white photos like some modern day gigolo.

Is there something you want to tell us?

;)image
  • Options
    Fuck em
  • Options
    iamdan said:

How do we know this CharlTony is genuine?? Haha

it's probably a load of bollocks....
  • Options
    An incredibly well written, articulate, and thorough statement. Once again, I am proud to support CARD and the Protest Fund.

I am always torn about turning down dialogue. Something about it goes against my nature. But I agree with CARD's stance, I do not think anything positive would come out of talks with Meire. If it were Roland, in my mind it might be a slightly more difficult decision, but this is clearly just a PR exercise. Frankly, I'm surprised (but not really) that it took them this long to think of it because they probably knew CARD would turn it down and it would look like a PR win for them.

I have read all the responses, but has any media outlet run with the statement the club put out this morning about extending an invitation for talks with CARD? I did a quick Google search and couldn't find anything.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers AB

Burried at the bottom of an article that outlines all of CARD's qualms with the regime. Not the PR win they were hoping for.
  • Options
    Enough is enough, time to go.
  • Options
    It is gratifying that CARD will not relent or be fooled by PR tactics. Great response.

To those who are fooled by the Regime and sympathetic to their "we admit some mistakes have been made".

The bottom line is. It is about their lack of ambition and regard for the club in general and belief that fans don't matter. Their acceptance of some mistakes were made won't change their intent.

• Options

I bet Katrien doesn't turn up to the Coventry game.

On the contrary. I expect she will be there surrounded by a possee of hired thugs smirking away.

Let's wipe the smirk off her face.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Fantastic CARD, right behind you. I hope something very big is in store for the cov game
  • Options
    Applaud this but we will be in League Two before this lot leave - 7 months to go!
  • Options
    IAgree said:

Applaud this but we will be in League Two before this lot leave - 7 months to go!

Sadly I agree
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IAgree said:

Actually what am I saying .......... 5 months til League Two is a cert.
  • Options
    CharlTony said:

CharlTony said:

CARD just being pigheaded not accepting the invitation. Club clearly trying to create a dialogue and with the appointment of an English manager and his choice of players, to tread a new path. A very disappointing response and a lost opportunity. CARD have ceded the moral high ground with this response and come across as petty, vindictive and self obsessed.

Are you a fan of the Belgians?
    I'm just a disillusioned supporter like yourself - very distressed by the whole situation who believes that the disengagement between the owners and the more radical elements in the fanbase is driving away a whole section of the support. I who would much prefer dialogue to conflict and for all sides to pull together with a common aim of turning this situation around.
    Has gone beyond communication.

Even though the f****** are still here, to me they are history. If you can make sense of that!
  • Options

Squirrel face will, she's an attention seeker.
  • Options

Squirrel face will, she's an attention seeker.
    AND she won't turn down the opportunity to meet Henry with his Bromley Addicks' gang before the match.....

• Options
    Sure but will she then sit in the directors box?
  • Options
    Unable to attend Coventry match just my Luck.......Keep up the good work CARD.

• Options

Unable to attend Coventry match just my Luck.......Keep up the good work CARD.

We will be there to represent you mate :)
  • Options
    The only sense of hope I have felt over the past two years have been generated by CARD's contributors and the actions taken by the thousands of Charlton supporters who recognise they have a chance to bring about change.
    I'll march with this in mind.
    I don't believe Meire is stupid. The offer to meet was sent knowing it would be declined. I suspect she means to be aggressive in the next phase. It was not an olive branch or mea culpa.
    Perhaps the dissenters will melt away?
  • Options
    Henry Irving, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only time Charlton were lower in the league than our current 62nd position was the 1925/26 season when we finished 65th. I thought Roland doesn't do failure?!
    Personally, I think a meeting with Duchatelet might be useful. One with Meire, definitely not.
  • Options
    if by dissenters you mean the regime, I hope so.