Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD STATEMENT - Response to Invitation from the Club

Comments

• Hero move
  • CARD said:

We stand ready to assist any incoming regime in any way we can, but we do not believe that meeting you at this stage would serve any constructive purpose for the well-being of the club. We have no doubt that any meeting would feature the same empty rhetoric from you as your various previous public interventions, but regardless of what you say the outcomes remain dismal. Even your email is doubtless intended as a public relations initiative aimed at supporters who may be inclined to join the protests at the Coventry City match and the media who will report what happens.

CARD therefore endorses the view previously put forward by the supporters' trust that the situation is irretrievable under your management and under Roland Duchatelet's ownership.

You had two years to talk and you declined to do so. Now it is time for you to go.

CARD

I'm tearing up.

• CharlTony said:

CARD just being pigheaded not accepting the invitation. Club clearly trying to create a dialogue and with the appointment of an English manager and his choice of players, to tread a new path. A very disappointing response and a lost opportunity. CARD have ceded the moral high ground with this response and come across as petty, vindictive and self obsessed.

If you knocked on your ex's door every day for 2 years and she kept saying no, then one day, once you're over it completely and know she's definitely not what you want, she knocks on yours, would you let her in?

No.

..You'd probably already be arrested already for harassment and unable to. :- )
  • Swisdom said:

It's a good and well written statement and says what it needs to say...BUT Could it not have more weight if it were put across as eloquently and face to face?

Not shouty and ranty but as eloquently as this is written would have so much gravitas - it would be hard to see where the meeting could go if this were the opening response.

I know this is a sweeping generalisation but the Belgians are renowned for being somewhat stubborn and this might just make them "dig in" even more. You can get so much more feeling across in a face to face conversation if transmitted correctly.

OK Sue.
  • I bet Katrien doesn't turn up to the Coventry game.
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder how long it will be before cameras fixed on the Directors' Box find a distraught Katy blubbing into Sue's proffered hanky at the nasty chants aimed in her direction ?

Gwyneth Paltrow- eat your heart out !

They will need to 'consciously uncouple' one day :wink:
  • Excellent. So pleased to see the position remains to see them go.
  • Joe Read......
    Perhaps Ms Miere is planning on penning a replacement for "Valley Floyd Road"

https://www.musicteachers.co.uk/teacher/55373ae15831d38de71b
  • I bet Katrien doesn't turn up to the Coventry game.

Good shout.....
  • T.C.E said:

I bet Katrien doesn't turn up to the Coventry game.

Good shout.....
    She will ...her arrogance will drag her there
  • Sponsored links:

• Agree , with willieduff, do not stop now.
    There is only one result that is acceptable KM out, RD to sel.
  • T.C.E said:

Missed It said:

I suspect Ms Meire is actually quite pleased and relieved she won't have to sit down for a meeting with CARD. Let's see what her expensively assembled PR sub-contractors can do with the epic mugging off she's just had!

She been spotted in Screwfix bulk buying Blue Hi Viz vests, while Tony's down at the Belmarsh gate offering double time. ;)
    Any chance we could pop down Belmarsh and bung the screws a few quid to lock Tony in for a week or two, and then a few more quid to lose the key?
  • The fact they want to talk shows that they have concerns - CARD's response tells them there is no way back.
    This has bounced back into their face - the Coventry protest will have added impetus because of this.
    Bring it on.

Exactly. There is no way back, doesn't matter what they do,
  • Worryingly I put "Joe Read" into google to see who the other JR could be and the images were mainly of @Addickted2TheReds preening himself in arty black and white photos like some modern day gigolo.

Is there something you want to tell us?