Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD STATEMENT - Response to Invitation from the Club

Comments

• Options
    Cambridge said:

All football managers get away with saying stuff like that and never being followed up. If memory serves Louis did ask the question of Slade and got a flea in his ear about it - hence the "patience" comment. I asked a youth coach before the season and he had been told 8 of the academy was going to get first team chances this season to fill the holes left by sales! It is frustrating that managers don't have the balls to tell it straight. eg. We needed 5 new players and got 2. We therefore will need to blood 3 youngsters and look again in January. I don't think anyone would complain about that. The avoidance and BS actually causes more problems than needed - yet more PR over substance!

p.s. for once a post that I don't think is controversial. Lol. (told by kids that should be "haha" nowadays, but I like lol).

An interesting post @Cambridge and I agree they should dump the BS coming from them on transfers and 'tell it like it is' that way we know what to expect and hence can set our own expectations on the season ahead.
  • Options
    Rather than just say - we have made mistakes - they might ask supporters what mistakes we think they have made. There is an important but subtle difference. The truth is they are not really interested - it is just a throw away line.
  • Options
    what do this regime have to do to satisfy the majority of the supporters?

CARDites will say leave, go, buzz off.

How many CARDites are there is it the infamous 2% or is it 10, 20, 30.....also CARDites come in various shades of black from those who will not enter the Valley to those who wear the T shirt but drink and eat at the club outlets.

Many other supporters will say that the regime have given us what we requested in an English manager and an Englishish team but a pity that they aren't doing very well.

I have never met RD or KM but from what I have read and seen they seem to be obdurate and won't be leaving soon unless someone offers £50+ million - in you dreams, so we are stuck with them and by protesting we might just make them more stubborn, so what do they have to do to turn the support around if they don't go:
    Talk to the fans - they do that in a limited way
    Work with the fans - no they don't do that
    Be honest - but how do they prove that in the short term

From where I stand a long way from the Valley and out of earshot of the gossip it seems that there has to be a middle way and maybe, just maybe CARD should meet with the SMT and hear what they have to say, even if the invite was a publicity stunt why not reverse the stunt, turn up, say nowt but listen and then react to what is heard.

and yes I do broadly support CARD and no I won't be there on Saturday as I'm trying to move house :smile:
  • Options
    The SMT need to be accountable for their actions or, to be more accurate, their non-actions.

That has not happened once in all the time they have been here.

Responsible management takes responsibility and makes itself accountable.

Weak management blames others or events, repeats the same errors time and time again, refuses to recognise mistakes until it is too late, then does not specify exactly which remedies will be put in place to achieve their (vague) objectives.
  • Options

what do this regime have to do to satisfy the majority of the supporters?

CARDites will say leave, go, buzz off.

How many CARDites are there is it the infamous 2% or is it 10, 20, 30.....also CARDites come in various shades of black from those who will not enter the Valley to those who wear the T shirt but drink and eat at the club outlets.

Many other supporters will say that the regime have given us what we requested in an English manager and an Englishish team but a pity that they aren't doing very well.

I have never met RD or KM but from what I have read and seen they seem to be obdurate and won't be leaving soon unless someone offers £50+ million - in you dreams, so we are stuck with them and by protesting we might just make them more stubborn, so what do they have to do to turn the support around if they don't go:
    Talk to the fans - they do that in a limited way
    Work with the fans - no they don't do that
    Be honest - but how do they prove that in the short term

From where I stand a long way from the Valley and out of earshot of the gossip it seems that there has to be a middle way and maybe, just maybe CARD should meet with the SMT and hear what they have to say, even if the invite was a publicity stunt why not reverse the stunt, turn up, say nowt but listen and then react to what is heard.

and yes I do broadly support CARD and no I won't be there on Saturday as I'm trying to move house :smile:

I really don't think too "many other supporters will say that the regime have given us what we requested in an English manager and an Englishish team". I don't know many other Addicks where that was the limit of their ambition. I think most wanted those things, but part of a wider raft of changes to address the overall decline of our club, on and off the pitch. The truth of the matter is that the changes that have been have completely failed because the underlying fact that the "SMT" are completely and demonstrably incompetent remains the case.
  • Options
    What about CARD offering to meet with just Roland after the Cov game, Insisting that Meire is not there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If CARD wants to sit down with Katrien or Rolland it isn't a problem we have there home addresses, perhaps pop in for a cup of tea?

Probably best to take the stance of SELL THE CLUB though, apparently they don't like guests rocking up at there houses.
  • Options

What about CARD offering to meet with just Roland after the Cov game, Insisting that Meire is not there?

a) it would never happen, you might as well ask for £10m and a helicopter
    b) even if it did, what could we (realistically) say to him or him to us that would change anything ?
  • Options

Probably the best of some bad options, but Roland is 'weirdly' loyal to Katrien who he clearly sees as his protege. So that won't happen either.

• Options

A earlier comment is worth emphasizing- they have admitted making mistakes. Tell us what those mistakes were,
    It would be interesting to hear the answers.

Exactly right. The closest they have come was to use broad terms like 'recruitment and managers'.

Yeah, but what exactly?

How were we allowed to have a string of dreadful mangers and players, a threadbare squad and no back-room? What set of circumstances led that to happen? What has specifically been learnt/altered to improve things?

Amongst many deeper problems, I would suggest that the biggest day-to-day problem last season was paucity in terms of squad depth - with over-reliance on kids, and later in the season, journeyman freebees and loans.

Do we have sufficient squad depth this season? Are we no longer relying on kids? Have we reduced the free journeymen and loans in the first-team? Are we beating the, let's face it, cack teams in this league?

Nope. Nope. Nope. Aaaaaand nope.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

If CARD wants to sit down with Katrien or Rolland it isn't a problem we have there home addresses, perhaps pop in for a cup of tea?

Probably best to take the stance of SELL THE CLUB though, apparently they don't like guests rocking up at there houses.

* their
  • Options
    Cambridge said:

MAy as well go all the way and admit to wanting curbs out. He stayed about 5 years too long (similar to his good mate Fergie). Boring boring football. 6 in defence, with solid 4 in midfield as soon as we lost the ball. Yes premier league, but that wasn't football!

That's what we are playing now, but two leagues (divisions in my day) lower :-)
  • Options
    Oops.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Seems to me that turning up at someone's parents house is creepy and intimidating and just doesn't help in anyway to achieve what I hope is everyone on here's ultimate goal to get our Club out of the miserable place it is currently in.

• Options
    Anyone remember the film 'the harder they come' and in particular the Jimmy Cliff cut of 'many rivers to cross'?