Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 2016/17

Comments

• Rory Deacon earned himself a summer move. Decent little player.
  • Anyone else just spot Chris Perry in the crowd?
  • Yes I thought the same re CP.

Sutton did themselves proud. Shame they didn't score - would not have been undeserved.
  • Is that Ian Baird of Peter Shirtliff's knee to the back of his head fame?

Sure is. One of my favourite Charlton moments.
    Up there with his waist high scissor kick on Darren Jackson
    Remember that one as well. worthy of a straight red. I remember he also scythed down David Rocastle, who was in full flight when we lost 3-2 to Arsenal at Selhurst.
  • The fat goalkeeper on the bench who ate the pie for the bet/publicity stunt during the game.....what an absolute prat.

Hopefully Lincoln won't fall into the same trap of turning a great cup run into a mere publicity stunt
  • That absolute helm with his banner what a prick
  • cafctom said:

The fat goalkeeper on the bench who ate the pie for the bet/publicity stunt during the game.....what an absolute prat.

Hopefully Lincoln won't fall into the same trap of turning a great cup run into a mere publicity stunt

Lighten up, the blokes 46 and was simply having a laugh and enjoying himself once he knew he wouldn't be required to come on as a sub. If he did it as a bet and made some money out of it then good luck to him.
  • Nope, still standing by the opinion that it was the wrong thing to do. Regardless of whether he was coming on or not, I wouldn't want anyone on my team trying to steal the limelight and make it all about them whilst the game is still going on.
  • i see there asking for 15% of whl what is the current capacity of whl? anyone know, there reasoning, its better to have people inside where the police can see them than outside causing trouble - before a ball has even been kicked they know theres gonna be playing up, to really annoy them id stick it on a monday night and whack it on tv or sunday at 12.
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought 15% was the standard allocation for FA Cup ties. Clubs will make excuses about segregation to get out of giving the proper allocation.

15% of the Valley is about 4,000, that's why we gave Brentford, I think, one block in the East Stand for a cup game years ago.
  • i see there asking for 15% of whl what is the current capacity of whl? anyone know, there reasoning, its better to have people inside where the police can see them than outside causing trouble - before a ball has even been kicked they know theres gonna be playing up, to really annoy them id stick it on a monday night and whack it on tv or sunday at 12.

All the unemployed Millwall fans will have a full day drinking if its Monday night. If its Sunday midday they may miss it due to attending church groups. Hard choice.
  • If I was a fan I'd happily take a Monday night under the lights. Police will probably favour it too, so they can draw more resources.

They should get what Wycombe got (circa 4k) but Police could easily reduce it, but to be fair the clubs point is a valid one about better inside than out.
  • http://news.sky.com/story/pie-eating-goalkeeper-wayne-shaw-resigns-from-sutton-utd-10776585

Wayne Shaw agrees to leave Sutton Utd after investigations are opened into his pie eating during the club's game against Arsenal.

The reserve goalkeeper admitted he knew Sun Bets were offering 8-1 odds on him eating the pastry prompting the Gambling Commission and the Football Association to look into whether the incident broke any rules.

Sutton United manager Paul Doswell told Sky News he had asked Shaw to leave the club and he had agreed.

Nicknamed the 'Roly Poly Goalie' because of his 20st weight, 46-year-old Shaw was also employed as part of the coaching team.

Look out for him in the next Sun Bets adverts I'm sure.
  • Hopefully Sutton will be able to give him a pukka reference.
  • Wow, this is shit.

- He knew odds were offered on him eating a pie
    - He may or may not have known whether his mates had bet on it
    - ^ He probably DID know
    - He ate the pie
    - He's had to resign

Basically, a bookie took the piss out of a fat guy and offered those odds based on that. He thought "haha fuck it why not, I'll have a pie", possibly/probably knowing there had been bets placed on it as a novelty.

Surely NOT eating the pie would also have been one form of collusion, if he suddenly were to be an arsehole to his mates, in the knowledge that they'd bet on it and he wanted them to lose a few quid?

Lose-lose situation all round for him. And really really shit from the S*n/S*n Bets.
  • He made the night all about himself. No one is talking about Sutton's heroic performance. Only talking about him and his action.

In wrestling terms we would say he went into business for himself.

• The Scum strikes again
  • I think the media attention got to him. I have some sympathy, as it's a "once in a lifetime" situation for him, but he sadly went too far
  • alan shearer - i followed my dreams to be a player he followed his dreams to the burger van,

hes the type of guy ( the goalie ) that loves the banter and that, but thought it was a bit unprofessional to say.
  • Sponsored links:

• fa cup tv schedule confirmed;

Saturday 11 March 2017

12:15 2 Middlesbrough VS Huddersfield / Man City

bt sport 2

17:30 4 Arsenal VS Lincoln City

bt Sport 2

sunday 12 march 2017

14:00 3 Tottenham Hotspur VS Millwall
    Live on BBC One

Monday 13 March 2017

19:45 1 Chelsea VS Manchester United
    Live on BBC One

also millwall allocated 2800 tickets for whl, which isnt even 10% but if you insist on running on the pitch and acting up at every opportunity - swings and roundabouts.
  • Shame that BT Sport have got the Non-League tie... Wonder who gets priority here.
  • Shame that BT Sport have got the Non-League tie... Wonder who gets priority here.

I know it's Man U again, but the Chelsea Man U game is clearly the pick of the round, I assume the BBC got first choice

I know it's Man U again, but the Chelsea Man U game is clearly the pick of the round, I assume the BBC got first choice
    To be fair though its the Quarters now so with all seven games now being shown on TV for the rest of the competition they will appear each time if they make the Final

Wonder if they take it in turns then... i.e. BBC got first pick with the Chelsea game, BT Sport then took the Lincoln game leaving the BBC to then pick either the risk of Middlesbrough v Huddersfield or the guaranteed underdog Millwall fixture.
  • Huddersfield beating Man City 1-0 after 7mins

Holmes-Dennis is playing
  • Huddersfield beating Man City 1-0 after 7mins

Holmes-Dennis is playing

Hudson and Cranie as well.
  • We just got a mention
  • How could Danny Murphy say that was a penalty...! Sure it hit his hand but he was sliding along the ground...!