Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Coventry (H) Oct 2016 Joint protest with added pigs - PHOTOS

Comments

• Options

The lad who was assaulted is in this picture.
  • Options

The lad who was assaulted is in this picture.
    Yes, I think so.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Definitely him.

Note the right nasty looking so and so on his left - obviously a real trouble maker.

Gets it from his father.
  • Options

Mametz said:

Suthers said:

Guys, there's an old saying, 'know your enemy'..... where a fan sits is a matter of personal choice; please do not assume that everyone sitting in the Directors Box are on freebies from 'the regime'. I for one pay the full price for my seat, lounge and car park pass and have done since I left my position as Commercial Director in 2009. Also, contrary to the assertion made in an earlier post, Chris Roberts the former Leader of Greenwich Council, pays full price for his seat. Who do you think is handing out freebies for heaven's sake....most of the people in the seats around me are either season ticket holders or corporate hospitality guests. Unless I'm sitting with the Charlton Athletic Community Trust and its guests in my role as a CACT Ambassador, I sit with or near my former colleagues and Board members, Alwen, Simons, Whitehand, White, Collins, Sumners, Ufton......please stop this aggression towards anyone sitting in the Directors Box, it's very disappointing.

I'm sorry but that doesn't really wash with me. You could choose to sit anywhere in the ground but you knowingly choose to sit near people who are ruining the club. If I chose to associate with known football hooligans at a match I could hardly complain if I were the subject of some Police attention.

Given that a Charlton supporter was assaulted by a number of people who shared the Director's box with you, ( as witnessed by many people on this forum including myself ) and that they were almost certainly directed to do so by other people sharing the Director's box with you I would suggest that you choose other people to share the match day experience with. If you fail to do so, knowing all that, then you can hardly complain if you viewed as part of the problem.
    I see your point but I think that is a bit harsh.

I do not think you can tie everybody with the same brush.
    I don't think Meire or Murray enjoy having some of the former directors in the directors' box - and on that basis I think they should stay there.

Suthers is being a little bit disingenuous with "my former colleagues and Board members" as he was never a board director, but I can vouch for the fact that he's always been very keen indeed on sitting in the directors' box. I think he just likes being in photographs . . . :=)
    I think that Meire and Murray would be even more discomforted if the ex-directors sat immediately next to the director's box rather than in it.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

T.C.E said:

How spooky, I seem to be staring right at your camera
    Are you the distinctly average young lady on the Coventry bench? ;)
    No I'm the grumpy and slightly shunned looking bloke to her right
  • Options
    My seats in the North Lower, a couple of stewards tried to take this lads flag. I spoke to the lady steward she politely said she was just doing what she was told to do. Anyway the lad went willingly to the steps, I dont know if they asked him to leave, but another fella grabbed the flag and threw it to the lot in the second pic. I pointed out that the first fella didn't have a flag so they shrugged their shoulders and let him retake his seat.
    No agg, a peaceful protest from the North Lower amicably settled, so no need to send in the heavies.

A have blurred out some faces, not because they may get in trouble, but man are they ever ugly! ;o)
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Ben18 said:

who's your mate Suthers?

I wonder if Sutherland's good friend paid for his seat too?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ben18 said:

who's your mate Suthers?

now, here is what you do, immediately the final whistle goes...
    Get hold of his neck like this...
  • Options
    And aren't you sitting in JDs old seat?
  • Options
    davedave said:

Aftermath!

this pic just makes it look even worse, a gang of thugs on one kid
  • Options
    Is that Segeant Dick on the radio?
  • Options
    Mametz said:

Mametz said:

Suthers said:

Guys, there's an old saying, 'know your enemy'..... where a fan sits is a matter of personal choice; please do not assume that everyone sitting in the Directors Box are on freebies from 'the regime'. I for one pay the full price for my seat, lounge and car park pass and have done since I left my position as Commercial Director in 2009. Also, contrary to the assertion made in an earlier post, Chris Roberts the former Leader of Greenwich Council, pays full price for his seat. Who do you think is handing out freebies for heaven's sake....most of the people in the seats around me are either season ticket holders or corporate hospitality guests. Unless I'm sitting with the Charlton Athletic Community Trust and its guests in my role as a CACT Ambassador, I sit with or near my former colleagues and Board members, Alwen, Simons, Whitehand, White, Collins, Sumners, Ufton......please stop this aggression towards anyone sitting in the Directors Box, it's very disappointing.

I'm sorry but that doesn't really wash with me. You could choose to sit anywhere in the ground but you knowingly choose to sit near people who are ruining the club. If I chose to associate with known football hooligans at a match I could hardly complain if I were the subject of some Police attention.

Given that a Charlton supporter was assaulted by a number of people who shared the Director's box with you, ( as witnessed by many people on this forum including myself ) and that they were almost certainly directed to do so by other people sharing the Director's box with you I would suggest that you choose other people to share the match day experience with. If you fail to do so, knowing all that, then you can hardly complain if you viewed as part of the problem.

I don't think it is harsh at all.

If there was any leeway before, then surely that has gone after yesterday's events. A young man was assaulted, outside of the stadium, for previously carrying a wordless flag. This has been caught on film and witnessed by many people.The people who carried out and concocted this crime sat in the director's box. It is a simple choice, sit in the director's box alongside these people or not. If you choose to remain there then you deserve the loathing that comes your way.
    Unless we are at crossed purposes, I cannot see how there is a connection between ex club officials who are obviously sympathetic to the clubs cause, and the four or five individuals involved in the fracas afterwards.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

I'm taking it the two senior Greenwich councillors, Danny Thorpe and Miranda Williams, who did the pre-match Young Greenwich presentation didn't hang around for the match itself?

Depressing to see bullying ex-council leader Chris Roberts still getting freebies...

Available to Dear Leader KM for consultancy on winning the hearts and minds of one's colleagues, perhaps?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2016

Mametz said:

Mametz said:

Suthers said:

If there was any leeway before, then surely that has gone after yesterday's events. A young man was assaulted, outside of the stadium, for previously carrying a wordless flag. This has been caught on film and witnessed by many people.The people who carried out and concocted this crime sat in the director's box. It is a simple choice, sit in the director's box alongside these people or not. If you choose to remain there then you deserve the loathing that comes your way.
    Unless we are at crossed purposes, I cannot see how there is a connection between ex club officials who are obviously sympathetic to the clubs cause, and the four or five individuals involved in the fracas afterwards.
    Not sure what you mean there but can assure you the former directors are more closely aligned to CARD's position than they are to the regime's.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Mametz said:

Mametz said:

Suthers said:

Really?

If you look at the photographs posted by Ben 18 above, you will see the very ex club official who has posted on this thread enjoying very definite intercourse with one, albeit the most weedy, of the assailants involved in Saturday's fracas.
  • Options
    Aftermath 2
  • Options

Channel 5. My 5 seconds of fame. You may think I'm standing oddly but I still have a pig down my jeans....

Loving the 'Roland Out' scarves! Anyone know where I can get my hands on one?
  • Options

Mametz said:

Mametz said:

Suthers said:

Not sure what you mean there but can assure you the former directors are more closely aligned to CARD's position than they are to the regime's.

Mametz said:

Mametz said:

Suthers said:

I think there has been some misunderstanding here.

I am only distancing the likes of Sutherland from the yobs that were in the directors box on Saturday.
  • Options

Mametz said:

Mametz said:

Suthers said:

Mametz said:

Mametz said:

Suthers said:

I am only distancing the likes of Sutherland from the yobs that were in the directors box on Saturday.
    I understand why are distancing them from the thugs. However by being there and sitting in the Directors Box they are associated with the regime. If they want to be distanced from it they can easily do that themselves by sitting somewhere else or coming out in support of the protests.
  • Options
    Mametz said:

ElfsborkAddick said,

But he isn't distancing himself though is he? If they were any closer one of them would up pregnant!

I am sure the ex-directors that sit in the same area are not exactly fans of squirrel face.

Richard Murray aside that is!