Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Coventry (H) Oct 2016 Joint protest with added pigs - PHOTOS

Comments

• Options

Mametz said:

Mametz said:

Suthers said:

Guys, there's an old saying, 'know your enemy'..... where a fan sits is a matter of personal choice; please do not assume that everyone sitting in the Directors Box are on freebies from 'the regime'. I for one pay the full price for my seat, lounge and car park pass and have done since I left my position as Commercial Director in 2009. Also, contrary to the assertion made in an earlier post, Chris Roberts the former Leader of Greenwich Council, pays full price for his seat. Who do you think is handing out freebies for heaven's sake....most of the people in the seats around me are either season ticket holders or corporate hospitality guests. Unless I'm sitting with the Charlton Athletic Community Trust and its guests in my role as a CACT Ambassador, I sit with or near my former colleagues and Board members, Alwen, Simons, Whitehand, White, Collins, Sumners, Ufton......please stop this aggression towards anyone sitting in the Directors Box, it's very disappointing.

I'm sorry but that doesn't really wash with me. You could choose to sit anywhere in the ground but you knowingly choose to sit near people who are ruining the club. If I chose to associate with known football hooligans at a match I could hardly complain if I were the subject of some Police attention.

Given that a Charlton supporter was assaulted by a number of people who shared the Director's box with you, ( as witnessed by many people on this forum including myself ) and that they were almost certainly directed to do so by other people sharing the Director's box with you I would suggest that you choose other people to share the match day experience with. If you fail to do so, knowing all that, then you can hardly complain if you viewed as part of the problem.
    I see your point but I think that is a bit harsh.

I do not think you can tie everybody with the same brush.
    I don't think it is harsh at all.

If there was any leeway before, then surely that has gone after yesterday's events. A young man was assaulted, outside of the stadium, for previously carrying a wordless flag. This has been caught on film and witnessed by many people.The people who carried out and concocted this crime sat in the director's box. It is a simple choice, sit in the director's box alongside these people or not. If you choose to remain there then you deserve the loathing that comes your way.
    Unless we are at crossed purposes, I cannot see how there is a connection between ex club officials who are obviously sympathetic to the clubs cause, and the four or five individuals involved in the fracas afterwards.
    Not sure what you mean there but can assure you the former directors are more closely aligned to CARD's position than they are to the regime's.

Mametz said:

Mametz said:

Suthers said:

Guys, there's an old saying, 'know your enemy'..... where a fan sits is a matter of personal choice; please do not assume that everyone sitting in the Directors Box are on freebies from 'the regime'. I for one pay the full price for my seat, lounge and car park pass and have done since I left my position as Commercial Director in 2009. Also, contrary to the assertion made in an earlier post, Chris Roberts the former Leader of Greenwich Council, pays full price for his seat. Who do you think is handing out freebies for heaven's sake....most of the people in the seats around me are either season ticket holders or corporate hospitality guests. Unless I'm sitting with the Charlton Athletic Community Trust and its guests in my role as a CACT Ambassador, I sit with or near my former colleagues and Board members, Alwen, Simons, Whitehand, White, Collins, Sumners, Ufton......please stop this aggression towards anyone sitting in the Directors Box, it's very disappointing.

I'm sorry but that doesn't really wash with me. You could choose to sit anywhere in the ground but you knowingly choose to sit near people who are ruining the club. If I chose to associate with known football hooligans at a match I could hardly complain if I were the subject of some Police attention.

Given that a Charlton supporter was assaulted by a number of people who shared the Director's box with you, ( as witnessed by many people on this forum including myself ) and that they were almost certainly directed to do so by other people sharing the Director's box with you I would suggest that you choose other people to share the match day experience with. If you fail to do so, knowing all that, then you can hardly complain if you viewed as part of the problem.
    I see your point but I think that is a bit harsh.

I do not think you can tie everybody with the same brush.
    I don't think it is harsh at all.

If there was any leeway before, then surely that has gone after yesterday's events. A young man was assaulted, outside of the stadium, for previously carrying a wordless flag. This has been caught on film and witnessed by many people.The people who carried out and concocted this crime sat in the director's box. It is a simple choice, sit in the director's box alongside these people or not. If you choose to remain there then you deserve the loathing that comes your way.
    Unless we are at crossed purposes, I cannot see how there is a connection between ex club officials who are obviously sympathetic to the clubs cause, and the four or five individuals involved in the fracas afterwards.
    Not sure what you mean there but can assure you the former directors are more closely aligned to CARD's position than they are to the regime's.
    I think there has been some misunderstanding here.

I am only distancing the likes of Sutherland from the yobs that were in the directors box on Saturday.
    Indeed, I was only pointing out that "the club's cause" might be read to mean the ex-directors are pro regime, which generally they are not.
  • Options
    The incident at Turnstile 13. Some of the policemen dealing with the aftermath.
  • Options

Sutherland isn't just in the directors' box though, is he? He's talking to one of the four thugs that took part in the assault of a kid who was doing nothing at the time but peacefully and quietly leaving the ground.
    In fact he looks to me to be the one who was doing his best to goad other fans into causing trouble.
    Seems to be a strange choice of company.

To be fair they could have just been talking about the game. You could sit in front of someone at a game and be snapped briefly chatting about an incident on the pitch then they go and glass someone at full time in a pub and wouldn't mean you were associated with them in anyway. Let's keep some perspective maybe
    True enough, but the guy was there working as personal protection/snatch squad for squirrel face. I doubt if he was likely to have been interested in the football.
  • Options

Sutherland isn't just in the directors' box though, is he? He's talking to one of the four thugs that took part in the assault of a kid who was doing nothing at the time but peacefully and quietly leaving the ground.
    In fact he looks to me to be the one who was doing his best to goad other fans into causing trouble.

@Covered End was talking with Katrien and Cahones before the game on Saturday. I know because I've got a photo of it.

Does this prove that @Covered End is pro-regime? Must do by your logic.

@suthers is clearly talking to the steward but we don't know about what. He might be saying "Get that little scrot and strangle him outside" or he might be saying "The team in red has to kick the ball into the net defended by the team in blue and vice versa".

If someone he's never met who's sitting behind him engages him in conversation that doesn't make @Suthers complict in the actions of that person after the event.

Maybe. Only one person can clear this up though.

• Options

@Covered End was talking with Katrien and Cahones before the game on Saturday. I know because I've got a photo of it.

@suthers is clearly talking to the steward but we don't know about what. He might be saying "Get that little scrot and strangle him outside" or he might be saying "The team in red has to kick the ball into the net defended by the team in blue and vice versa".

If someone he's never met who's sitting behind him engages him in conversation that doesn't make @Suthers complict in the actions of that person after the event.

Agreed, @Covered End is a traitor and should be hung at the next city addicks meet
    don't forget a bit of drawing and quartering.
  • Options

Both you and RCT are quite right that they are quite possibly talking about football. However it is not credible that Sutherland was unaware what this bloke's job was. It is possible that Sutherland was unaware before Saturday what a vile scumbag this bloke was. However Sutherland cannot claim to be unaware now.

Given this scum and his mates are supposedly there for Katrien's close protection,it is hardly conceivable that they would have left her side long before the stadium had emptied to go outside and deliberately target someone whose only offence was showing a wordless flag in the stadium, without the explicit permission or direction from someone high up in the club's regime. This suggests that they were told to do by other denizens of the director's box.

If Sutherland wasn't aware of just how nasty this regime was before Saturday, he must be aware now. If he continues to share their space and eat their vol-au-vents he deserves the contempt that comes his way. The choice is his.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. I covered that point in my post. You really must try to read posts properly before responding. It appears to have been established that the bloke he was talking to was not, as you state, a steward but one of Katrien's personal protection team.

2. I think you know the answer to that so why say it. I didn't say he was in the director's lounge did I? Do try to keep up.

The thrust of my argument is that he can no longer claim to be ignorant of the true nature of his neighbours in the director's box.

• Options
    Mametz said:

1. I covered that point in my post. You really must try to read posts properly before responding. It appears to have been established that the bloke he was talking to was not, as you state, a steward but one of Katrien's personal protection team.

2. I think you know the answer to that so why say it. I didn't say he was in the director's lounge did I? Do try to keep up.

The thrust of my argument is that he can no longer claim to be ignorant of the true nature of his neighbours in the director's box.

Oh dear, are you really going condescending because someone disagreed with you.

No, we've established works for the club via centre circle and as he was outside and away from KM not just a personal protection. Still, regardless of the title you've given him the point you were trying to make, badly, was Suthers was guilty of the crime of talking to someone. You are wrong.

The "thrust" of your weak argument seems to have changed.

He might NOW know the identity of the steward. He might not as he might not have read this thread. But he didn't know at the time he spoke to him.

• Options
    DA9 said:

I spoke to an older woman in front of me, and an older guy sat next to me in North Lower on Saturday, about the match, about some nut nut shouting that Magennis wasn't putting any effort in??????? Joking with her about leaving my soup (which I didn't actually have) in her coat hood.

My point?

Didn't know them from Adam, still don't, don't know if they are pro or anti regime, but whatever they are, doesn't make me complicit in anything they did or said before or after the game.

I want them out, I don't take part in the protests, but I choose not to purchase (apart from tickets) any food, drink, programmes or club merchandise, I don't think they are vindictive, or have some sinister plan, my personal view is that they are out of their depth and clueless, and surround themselves with equally clueless people.

People who are unsure of their approach always surround themselves with sycophants.

Those who know what they are doing try to find even cleverer people for their team, i.e. they not fear it but embrace it.
  • Options

Channel 5. My 5 seconds of fame. You may think I'm standing oddly but I still have a pig down my jeans....

Loving the 'Roland Out' scarves! Anyone know where I can get my hands on one?
    A bloke got a large bag load of them done for the final game of last season (I think). Really nice bloke - paid for them all to be made and gave them out! I can't remember his name but @ME14addick may do?
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Channel 5. My 5 seconds of fame. You may think I'm standing oddly but I still have a pig down my jeans....

Loving the 'Roland Out' scarves! Anyone know where I can get my hands on one?
    A bloke got a large bag load of them done for the final game of last season (I think). Really nice bloke - paid for them all to be made and gave them out! I can't remember his name but @ME14addick may do?
    Yes - was at the Burnley game. He gave me one when we were handing out posters. Nice guy I seem to remember and, as you say, all out of his own pocket. I think I saw him again on Saturday whilst I was handing out pigs in the car park.

@fannyfanackapan may know his name as I seem to remember he was keen to make sure she got a scarf
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Mametz said:

Oh dear, are you really going condescending because someone disagreed with you.

No, we've established works for the club via centre circle and as he was outside and away from KM not just a personal protection. Still, regardless of the title you've given him the point you were trying to make, badly, was Suthers was guilty of the crime of talking to someone. You are wrong.

The "thrust" of your weak argument seems to have changed.

He might NOW know the identity of the steward. He might not as he might not have read this thread. But he didn't know at the time he spoke to him.

If you read this thread you will see that the descent into condescension began with your prawn sarnie comment when someone disagreed with you.

With regard to giving the miscreant a title, it was you who wrongly described him as a steward. You have done it again in your latest post.

You clearly haven't read this thread properly because if you had, you would have seen that I have made it clear that Suthers may not have known the identity and character of the person he was conversing with at the time he was doing it and it therefore follows that I am not accusing him of any "crime".

You say that it is possible that he still might not know the identity of this person "as he might not have read this thread". Well, given the fact that he has posted on this thread that is highly unlikely. Had you bothered to read the thread you would have known that.

My argument hasn't changed at all.

In summary:

You were the one who started the condescension.

The first sentence of your second paragraph makes no sense at all. The rest of the paragraph is factually incorrect.

The second sentence of your fourth paragraph is factually wrong. The third sentence of the fourth paragraph states something as fact when it is merely a possibility.

Given that most of your latest post was drivel, some of it reading like drunken drivel, I will disregard your comment about the weakness of my argument with the pinch of salt it deserves.

• Options
    If people, BDL for example, can give up a job because of this regime, I'm pretty sure others could move seats to outside the Directors box.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't know @Suthers well, we've probably only spoken about 3-times in nearly 30-odd years but I wouldn't read too much into a photo of him talking to the man of the moment.
    As inferred above he's not exactly camera shy, you could probably google up a picture of him talking to a bigger idiot in seconds. He is a big big Charlton fan.
  • Options

If people, BDL for example, can give up a job because of this regime, I'm pretty sure others could move seats to outside the Directors box.

How about, assuming that we cannot have a boycott of the whole ground, organising a walkout from/boycott of the directors' box?

Then we could round up the baying e-mob, issue the flaming pitchforks, etc....
  • Options

How about, assuming that we cannot have a boycott of the whole ground, organising a walkout from/boycott of the directors' box?

I just think it would send a very strong message out. Just Liar and Murray sitting there.
  • Options

I just think it would send a very strong message out. Just Liar and Murray sitting there.
    Not going to happen though, is it ?

• Options

Not going to happen though, is it ?

Who knows ? I never thought Charlton would be in the state it's in now. Never thought Leicester would win the League. But no, probably not !
  • Options
    You need to take into account at least 10 people are in the Directors box representing the match sponsor. Match sponsors are provided with a table for 10 as part of the package and that includes the same amount of tickets in the Directors box.
  • Options
    @Arsenetatters @CatAddick @rufusisadogsname

The Roland Out scarves were produced by @BartleyPark