Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sarcastic Slade

You're not helping yourself with comments like this.

You don't control the players but when we keep drawing games there is probably something you can do about it.

I don't want us to keep sacking managers but you're working for Roland now. We'll have to improve soon if you want to keep your job.

Comments

• Options
    It IS your fault you bafoon . You are the bloody manager !!
  • Options
    Days are numbered. He's not good enough to turn it around and Roland is well known for his patience.
  • Options
    Shame Louis didn't ask him why he took off our two best players in one go. But sounds like dear RUS was on the edge. Shame he doesn't show the same courage of his convictions when we're one up with 7 minutes to go.
  • Options
    Quite a lot on the edge at the moment !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh dear. It's usually close to the end when a manager's professionalism gives way to snide comments against his detractors. Not easy for him, but he's slipping.
  • Options

He sounded very edgy IMO.

• Options
    How about getting the players to practice shooting in training Rus ?
    Just a thought .
  • Options
    No wonder he didn't reprimand Johnson.

Cut from the same cloth it seems.
  • Options
    Sounds really pissed off. Thing is it sounds like we controlled the game for long periods but just didn't take our chances. Players must take responsibility once they are out on the pitch, it's out of his hands for gawd's sake. Like young Lookman's miss on Saturday. Luckily we were 2-0 up . . just imagine if it had been 0-0! Sacking Slade is not the answer; I was encouraged by the team's approach on Saturday and some of the football they played was good to watch and it appears they carried that over to tonight. Yes, I know it's gutting, especially to let one in so late on but s**t happens. If just one of those chances had gone in tonight we would all be going to bed happy, extolling the way the team had played.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What was the song The palace fan mentioned?

• Options
    I also don't think he can handle the pressure of being at a big club for the level we are at. With the first team we have, we should be beating most teams on paper in this division. That leads to expectations.

Being at a club like Orient for so long, there was never that big fish, small pond situation. And his ineptitude tactically is showing massively as he just isn't cut out to go and try to win every game.

If he doesn't like the criticism from the supporters, maybe he needs to look closer as to why he is getting criticism in the first place.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

jamescafc said:

Very poor to dig out the fans who made the effort to travel. Seems like the pressure is getting to him. Lose on Saturday and he could be in big trouble.

Can't believe I think this but I'm up for losing to Gillingham just for the craic.

More than likely to lose at Gillingham. He can't be trusted.
    When the other side takes off their best players for no apparent reason you know there's something rotten going on. We just haven't seen it at Charlton for a generation.
  • Options
    I think the questions about the subs, and Ajose were better left alone, As you can hear in his voice he is seething!!
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Sounds really pissed off. Thing is it sounds like we controlled the game for long periods but just didn't take our chances. Players must take responsibility once they are out on the pitch, it's out of his hands for gawd's sake. Like young Lookman's miss on Saturday. Luckily we were 2-0 up . . just imagine if it had been 0-0! Sacking Slade is not the answer; I was encouraged by the team's approach on Saturday and some of the football they played was good to watch and it appears they carried that over to tonight. Yes, I know it's gutting, especially to let one in so late on but s**t happens. If just one of those chances had gone in tonight we would all be going to bed happy, extolling the way the team had played.

I could agree with this if it was just once or twice. Slade has presided over the biggest pile of turd consitently all season.

• Options
    Sack my arse.

Got himself a job for life with comments like that under a regime like ours!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    So what was the song referred to in the interview, anyone know the words. Interesting he has relegated our big summer striking transfer to the bench then blames his players for missing lots of chances. As I said on anothe thread he has assured us he has full control over playing matters and our signings and has praised KM enough that on pitch performances have to be laid at his door IMO.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

What was the song The palace fan mentioned?

"Russell Slade, he ain't got a clue."

(By responding to this comment I am not admitting to being a palace fan)
    Me thinks he does protest too much......