Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sarcastic Slade

Comments

• Options
    Not all your fault Slade, but you choose the team, set out the tactics & make the substitutions. I noticed Port Value changed it at half time, but don't recall RS ever changing our team at half time. Tonight I hear we subbed out 3 best players without any appearing to be injured.....and none really being an attacking option

I don't want to see him go as we've had too many managerial changes over the last 3 seasons, but we cant keep dropping points, especially when in a winning position. I'm no statto, but I'd reckon we'd be in the top 6 if we had clung onto half of the times we have gone 1-0 up this season.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    A shame. If he didnt have that first 40 seconds or so in the interview, then actually it wouldn't have been quite so shitty. No need to dig the fans out though, pretty unacceptable - alas that's how the club seems to be managed at all levels now.

He seems edgey: preparing for the sack or been briefed about how our fans are hostile little bastards who enjoy moaning? (I think we can all guess where he'd get that idea from...)
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

The regime never appoint the RIGHT manager.

It's like Henry the 8th never found the right woman...so they always changed.

Sacked, mutual agreement, resigned, sacked, resigned, sacked

(I can't remember the Henry VIII little order riddle thing)

Its strange one, because I thought Russel shared a few similarities with Henry the Eighth himself.. a bad temper and a love of food.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Going on the attack from the off in terms of the interview is strangely enough a defensive ploy from a defensive man. He knows he made a massive error and he wanted Louis to be too frightened to ask a specific question about it. The sooner he goes the better, and I have never been one for sacking managers. I'm sure he has been making the same error all of his career, but you can often get away with it but our dynamic makes it very risky. If he played Tex he probably would have though!
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Not all your fault Slade, but you choose the team, set out the tactics & make the substitutions. I noticed Port Value changed it at half time, but don't recall RS ever changing our team at half time. Tonight I hear we subbed out 3 best players without any appearing to be injured.....and none really being an attacking option

I don't want to see him go as we've had too many managerial changes over the last 3 seasons, but we cant keep dropping points, especially when in a winning position. I'm no statto, but I'd reckon we'd be in the top 6 if we had clung onto half of the times we have gone 1-0 up this season.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I don't have a problem with his interview. His comments were honest about how he feels right after a game, and I agree with him that the team should have been out of site before the late penalty decision. I was there, and out of 250+ Charlton fans, probably 50 or so were singing 'you ain't got a clue' song. I didn't, nor did the majority of the away fans. Does it upset me that Slade then has a slight dig at the fans, even tho the majority were not involved? Certainly doesn't. Fans are becoming so, so precious about being called out, whether it be by Slade or Roger Johnson. If you can't take it, don't dish it out in the first place.
    What I did find disappointing about the interview was that he was not grilled on the substitution policy and how Slade thought that his subs would improve us winning that game. I think that is what the fans were most puzzled by, especially the Northern Ireland contingent behind me after Josh was subbed.

The apologist returns with another cracking post.

Again, you criticise the fans. Are you in any way related to the Belgians?
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Similar to his cringe-worthy "did you see how patient we were" interview, if he just engages his brain and doesn't say the thing that's immediately on his mind in the first 40 seconds the rest of it is a decent enough interview.

However it does provide two interesting insights;

1) Slade clearly feels he's being treated harshly by the fans and it's the most immediate thought in his head after the game which is interesting as it seems to be getting to him

2) Slade is an experienced manager, he should have developed coping mechanisms for criticism from fans by now (given his track record he must have suffered worse than what he's currently receiving). It's interesting that he doesn't seem capable of learning as that, for me, has been his biggest problem this season - he just doesn't seem to learn from the tactical mistakes he's been making.

Whilst I want stability at the club it can't be at any cost. Under Slade we will not be at least in the playoffs which, given the squad we have comparative to the rest of the division, is very poor and it's not a price I'm willing to pay in the name of stability.
  • Options
    Why not put an u23 midfielder on the bench? He's willing to bring on Hanlan, why not say Aribo, who from the sounds of it did well enough v Crawley.
  • Options
    You can hear in his voice that he is seething and @LouisMend was right not to push him after the earlier 'bust up' in the season. The problem I have is the way he sets up and then the subs. Why oh Why play Lennon instead of Tex (or even Konsa)? Why cant Ajose get on the park when we have taken off Magennis, Holmes, Lookie? Why bring on Chicksen and drop deeper and deeper? They Mr Slade are your decisions, no-one else's!!
  • Options
    He was never a good enough choice in the first place, just the only one desperate enough to take the job. Says it all that he's willing to work for Vincent Tan and Roland Duchatelet, two of the worst owners in football.

There's a reason he's never been promoted, he's tactically clueless. It was clear to see that away at Bury on the first day, nothing has changed.
  • Options
    I don't want Slade to go unless it is for a manager of the quality of Kenny Jacket as it would be pointless.

I also hope Slade has learnt that Tex needs to start against the Gills.
  • Options
    He just sounds really pissed off, which is fair enough. But definitely not the best move to open his comments by being sarcastic about the fans' reaction.
    He would have been better saying the fans could have helped out a bit by throwing some pigs on the pitch....
  • Options
    Slade has his 2 year deal, so will look forward to a healthy payout anyhow.

Job's a good un.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Slade has his 2 year deal, so will look forward to a healthy payout anyhow.

Job's a good un.

It's worse than that - it's a 3 year deal.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    My first away game of the season on Saturday

Horrible feeling its going to be similar to Dagenham a few years ago as the manager and players get pelters as they leave the pitch next to the away support.

Slade is all over the place - praises the 167 that went to Scunthorpe a few weeks ago and lays into the support last night?

Looking at the table this morning and envy at Sheff Utd who are W7 D3 L3 as opposed to our W3 D7 L3 - could easily be in their position with a bit of nous.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

I don't want Slade to go unless it is for a manager of the quality of Kenny Jacket as it would be pointless.

I reckon if we play Tex it will trigger of a payment clause in his contract where we have to pay a large some of money to his former club. In other words, no matter how short of players we are, we will not play him
  • Options
    Just got round to listening to the interview ... not impressed, the level of sarcasm belittles him.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Looking at the table this morning and envy at Sheff Utd who are W7 D3 L3 as opposed to our W3 D7 L3 - could easily be in their position with a bit of nous.

They got Wilder and we got Slade , although law of averages are on Sheffield Utd's side they had to come good at some point !
  • Options
    You pay peanuts
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Redrobo said:

I reckon if we play Tex it will trigger of a payment clause in his contract where we have to pay a large some of money to his former club. In other words, no matter how short of players we are, we will not play him
    cafc999 said:

Redrobo said:

Then say it and don't make Slade look like a complete idiot!