Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sarcastic Slade

12346»

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Didn't want him appointed in the first place. Apart from the point of principle that he's not a network stooge, he has absolutely nothing to commend him in terms of personality or track record. He's done very little in the game worthy of significant note and comes across as a bit of a tosser (I've never met him. He may well be a lovely bloke). My lack of affinity with him and his tactics has completed my decoupling from the club at least for the moment. I detest the regime. I now don't give a stuff about the manager or the team either. The perfect RD/KM appointment. I'd almost rather have Riga. He's a stooge but at least he's got a bit of passion (and some dress sense). Billy Connolly had a famous quote a few years ago about MPs. He said "the desire to become one should automatically disqualify you from eligibility". I feel that way about Slade and his willingness to take on this crock of shite. I wouldn't cry any tears if he got the tin tack. I'd admire him a little more if he walked (but only a little). Sad days.
  • Options

That is two post-match interviews running where Slade has gone off track.

After Coventry he wilfully misinterpreted the focus of the flying pigs protest by speaking of it as a protest about team performance and position in the table rather than a protest about the regime (although how he could have failed to hear the Roland/SISU out chants is beyond me).

His hearing appears magically to have returned at Port Vale as he over-reacted wildly in the post-match interview to the chanting which accompanied his decisions towards the end of the game.

In both instances I wanted to hear what the football manager of this club has to say about the performances and his reasons for decisions made.

However, in both instances Slade has not acted in a way befitting a manager and, in particular, the Port Vale comments betray a lack of self-confidence and an apparent eagerness to start lying blame elsewhere which is fatal for a manager even if it may be partly true.

3 league games running actually! He also managed to misinterpret the boos (against Rochdale) when Holmes was taken off and we were desperately chasing the game, as the fans booing Botaka.

Is he paranoid or just a bit thick?
    Thick around the waist and in the head
  • Options

I'd love to have seen Riga manage this squad. I think they'd be playing with freedom, confidence and would be handing out some hidings. He'd also have the crowd behind him. He knew how to get the best out of players and someone like Ajose would be banging them in rather than sitting on the bench.

I liked Riga. In his second spell he also demonstrated a bit of backbone when he openly criticised the number of managerial changes, and the requirement for stability. I'd argue that not only was he more tactically competent than Slade, but he was also - ironically - less of a network puppet.

I get the distinct impression that Slade has been taken in by the general sentiments of the SMT, and that's disappointing.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I don't like Slade, but come on, Jose Riga was never going to be an answer to our problems.

He owed his career to Duchatelet; yet seemed more open to placing criticism where it was due than Slade is. I can't see Riga (or many other managers we've had to be fair) making such ridiculously snarky comments aimed at the fans. Although it shouldn't matter, but he was more personable and charismatic - quickly forming a good relationship with the fans.

Not to mention, Riga was really able to get the best out of the players - as much as some of us laughed at the idea of his Cogitraining, it clearly did have positive results with the mindset of our players. I genuinely don't think we'd have had such a piss poor start to the season with him.

Obviously the real answer to our problems is a regime that doesn't continually leave us with an unbalanced squad without any depth though.
  • Options
    Just listened to it. Unbelievable. He's a dead man walking now. How you can attack the fans is beyond me.

Just go away Slade, writing was on the wall from his comments re: RoJo
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

cafctom said:

I don't like Slade, but come on, Jose Riga was never going to be an answer to our problems.

He owed his career to Duchatelet; yet seemed more open to placing criticism where it was due than Slade is. I can't see Riga (or many other managers we've had to be fair) making such ridiculously snarky comments aimed at the fans. Although it shouldn't matter, but he was more personable and charismatic - quickly forming a good relationship with the fans.

Not to mention, Riga was really able to get the best out of the players - as much as some of us laughed at the idea of his Cogitraining, it clearly did have positive results with the mindset of our players. I genuinely don't think we'd have had such a piss poor start to the season with him.

Obviously the real answer to our problems is a regime that doesn't continually leave us with an unbalanced squad without any depth though.
    I didn't notice much of an effect during his last stint
    That's a fair point actually, and I do think that the first time he was fortunate to have some of Powell's core squad and backroom staff. On the flip side though, I wonder how fragile the squad was after Fraeye (and the dressing room bust-ups) for his second stint.

I do think Riga would've needed a Director of Football, or a quality scouting setup, to ensure he had a balanced squad to work with. That said, I don't think anyone working for this regime will get that kind of benefit.
  • Options
    They've omitted him slagging off the fans in the report on the OS.
  • Options

That is two post-match interviews running where Slade has gone off track.

After Coventry he wilfully misinterpreted the focus of the flying pigs protest by speaking of it as a protest about team performance and position in the table rather than a protest about the regime (although how he could have failed to hear the Roland/SISU out chants is beyond me).

His hearing appears magically to have returned at Port Vale as he over-reacted wildly in the post-match interview to the chanting which accompanied his decisions towards the end of the game.

In both instances I wanted to hear what the football manager of this club has to say about the performances and his reasons for decisions made.

However, in both instances Slade has not acted in a way befitting a manager and, in particular, the Port Vale comments betray a lack of self-confidence and an apparent eagerness to start lying blame elsewhere which is fatal for a manager even if it may be partly true.

3 league games running actually! He also managed to misinterpret the boos (against Rochdale) when Holmes was taken off and we were desperately chasing the game, as the fans booing Botaka.

Is he paranoid or just a bit thick?
    Very possibly both
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Russel should try the tactic where attack is the best for of defence
  • Options
    Just listened, unbelievable.He attacked the fans first with out any prompting.Absolute knobhead ,getting his excuses in early.Never wanted him here.Dead man walking
  • Options
    I hope Russ is getting paid in hair gel and combs.
  • Options
    Stig said:

1. As has already be stated so well by Prague, the main blame for the unbalanced squad lies not with Slade. It lies fairly and squarely on the shoulders of Duchatelet and Meire.

Whilst this is ultimately true, we do still have a squad that should be good enough to be in the top 6 of this division. The core of the side (Rudd, Solly, Bauer, Pearce, Ulvestad, Lookman, Holmes, Magennis) would get into most teams in this division. So the undeniable fact here is that clearly Slade isn't getting the best out of them.
    We also have the likes of Ajose and Texeira who Slade doesn't want to play.
  • Options
    What a shitty interview. Another shitty interview.

The man is experienced and shouldn't really be saying shit like that. Heat of the moment or no heat of the moment. It's called being professional.
  • Options
    Sat next to Charlie Mcdonald last night, played under Slade at Orient for six months, said he does not like confrontation and sneered at the mention of his name. Pretty obvious his opinion of him was not high.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Sat next to Charlie Mcdonald last night, played under Slade at Orient for six months, said he does not like confrontation and sneered at the mention of his name. Pretty obvious his opinion of him was not high.

Like the rest of us then, its a shame because I though he would do well here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sure he has some qualities, it is just that his limitations are so obvious.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

I must have been sitting near you Kap in the 2nd half. I always thought that ground was Cray Valleys but looks like Greenwich have pretty much taken over now.
  • Options
    He is a school teacher. Should be coaching 2nd XI hockey. Not at any decent institution mind, school sport where the discipline is more important than the technique.

Players dont respect him, because he is out of date and overweight. Professional? Everything about him screams amateur

Do one Slade u r a mug. Ideal scenario is he gets so tetchy he resigns and then he doesnt get the one thing he came for - pound notes.

I know we wont get anyone better but I dont want us being the club that provides lunch for that greedy no-mark.

Best thing Ajose has done, mugged him right off. And talking of irony - thats the most he has ever spent on a player, who he cant manage to a standard to even get him on the pitch
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Probably more potent than slade and no doubt much bigger balls in attacking lineups
  • Options

He is a school teacher. Should be coaching 2nd XI hockey. Not at any decent institution mind, school sport where the discipline is more important than the technique.

Players dont respect him, because he is out of date and overweight. Professional? Everything about him screams amateur

Do one Slade u r a mug. Ideal scenario is he gets so tetchy he resigns and then he doesnt get the one thing he came for - pound notes.

I know we wont get anyone better but I dont want us being the club that provides lunch for that greedy no-mark.

Best thing Ajose has done, mugged him right off. And talking of irony - thats the most he has ever spent on a player, who he cant manage to a standard to even get him on the pitch

seems your opinion is based as much on his weight as it is his inability to manage.

Maybe concentrate on his tactics and not his belly.

He's a shit manager and needs moving on asap.
  • Options
    After all the dogs abuse he's had he now chooses to be sarcastic. I'm so hurt and offended. First Johnson tells us off, now Slade is being sarcastic. I'm just so hurt, how dare he.
  • Options

So if you know we won't get anyone better give him a chance.

Stability is the key, that's what I keep telling Blackpool72 anyway.