Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sarcastic Slade

Comments

• Options

So what was the song referred to in the interview, anyone know the words. Interesting he has relegated our big summer striking transfer to the bench then blames his players for missing lots of chances. As I said on anothe thread he has assured us he has full control over playing matters and our signings and has praised KM enough that on pitch performances have to be laid at his door IMO.

You don't know what you're doing.

And

Russell Slade, he ain't got a clue
  • Options
    Can someone please remind me what this man has achieved in the game to be making comments like that?
  • Options
    Be interested to think what Lookman, Holmes and Magennis thought of the substitutions. I haven't heard any of them were injured.
  • Options
    Oh dear, sounds like he's just about tipping over the edge, a man with the experience he has, it's more than a few fans singing a few songs thats caused that. Maybe it's the thought of the email he'll get tomorrow from the network scout ;-)

Very unprofessional.
  • Options
    Absolute shit mug of a manager. Your time is up now tosser do one.

We gotta be ruthless he says. We don't stick to the game. Well maybe that's because you sub all the better players off. Get out now, those comments are from a dead man walking. Goodbye.
  • Options
    Hardly an exclusive " @LouisMend upsets Charlton manager" Again!! ;)
  • Options
    The song was 'you ain't got a clue, Russel Slade you ain't got a clue'.

He has never won anything in the game which tells its own story.

• Options
    T.C.E said:

Louis wasn't exactly giving him the Paxman treatment though was he? No need for the snarky answers from Slade. He is the manager. EVERYTHING is his fault - good or bad. That's the job. If he doesn't like it, he should go and work in Sainsburys instead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T.C.E said:

lol wasn't me this time.
  • Options
    The outburst came after a brief introductory question. It was hardly after two hours of intense cross-examination.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

jamescafc said:

Very poor to dig out the fans who made the effort to travel. Seems like the pressure is getting to him. Lose on Saturday and he could be in big trouble.

Can't believe I think this but I'm up for losing to Gillingham just for the craic.

Was actually thinking the same!

Edit: I misread losing for 'going'. Going to watch us lose, that is!
  • Options
    Missed It said:

T.C.E said:

Louis wasn't exactly giving him the Paxman treatment though was he? No need for the snarky answers from Slade. He is the manager. EVERYTHING is his fault - good or bad. That's the job. If he doesn't like it, he should go and work in Sainsburys instead.
    Or he could have been advised by the wrong people, who have been right in the past, so it's not his fault - or some such gibberish...
  • Options
    Under pressure no doubt as can probably hear Meire smashing out a "vote of confidence" statement on her keyboard for the OS. Still confident of a top 6 finish, top 6 budget for security, transition period, learnt from out mistake, good nut harvest this year, British experience, no that's not my photo on tinder, Rus has our full confidence, bla bla bla.

Blaming fans, blaming players...not really working together is it. On the edge, but what's the point of sacking him....let's focus on getting rid of Douchebag and Liar.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So Slade oversees the dropping of two points against a team we should have beaten, brought on primarily by him taking off all our attacking threats and inviting Port Vale onto us, and his response is first thing to have a go at the fans. He can absolutely do one. The amount of shit we put up with on a daily basis from this club, and his response to the travelling fans who have gone all that way on a Tuesday night is to publicly be a prick to them. Even Auntie Karel shied away from that, and he was basically the worst thing ever

Oi now who's sticking up for Karel we'll sort of anyway. Here have a Karel wink :wink:
  • Options
    seth plum said:

First thing he does is he starts on Louis (again) and Louis hadn't hardly said anything.

WTF?

Anyway Slade says from the beginning 'it's my fault', trying to be sarcastic and somehow straight away associating Louis with fan criticism (how can that be true, he is a Palace fan :smile: ?).

Well Russell it is your fault, and the people who have betrayed you in terms of resources which you can take up with them.
    OK players miss chances and keepers make good saves, legislate for that man!
    Everybody knows 1-0 in a game playing away the other team will build up some kind of head of steam and get a good chance penalty or not, especially in this league. And if he doesn't know, hasn't he learned anything from the games so far?

Yes Russell it is your fault I'm afraid, and the quite remarkably high number of away fans who made the effort, and told you what they think, have every right to do so.

You said it Russell, it was your fault.

Just for the record I didn't feel anything was aimed at me this evening
  • Options

Fans are becoming so, so precious about being called out, whether it be by Slade or Roger Johnson. If you can't take it, don't dish it out in the first place.

I respect your opinion considering you saw it for yourself by attending the game tonight.

However, our fans have 'taken' absolutely everything that this club could throw at them in the last couple of years. I can't see how any set of fans wouldn't be frustrated at this point when the manager makes the same mistakes in a weak league over and over again - not to mention everything else going on at Charlton.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I didn't do a head count of who was singing the anti Slade song but it seemed a lot more than 50 to me furthermore irrespective of the fact we should have been out of sight you don't make a double sub that late in the game, do it one at a time if you must to run the clock down.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Fans are becoming so, so precious about being called out, whether it be by Slade or Roger Johnson. If you can't take it, don't dish it out in the first place.

I respect your opinion considering you saw it for yourself by attending the game tonight.

However, our fans have 'taken' absolutely everything that this club could throw at them in the last couple of years. I can't see how any set of fans wouldn't be frustrated at this point when the manager makes the same mistakes in a weak league over and over again - not to mention everything else going on at Charlton.
    I agree that mistakes are being made. I would like the team to be on the front foot throughout the game, not sitting back to protect a lead. But as Shrew addick has said, this is not a new phenomenom, many previous managers have been guilty of this. The 4-5-1 formation worked very well for most of the game, and as I have commented in the post match thread, there were other factors that led to the result.