Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sarcastic Slade

Comments

• Options

Excuse my presumptiousness for repeating my post from another thread, but I hope this is justified...

I would say this in his defence (listening to the commentary). He's getting a lot of stick for subbing Holmes, however, @KillersBeard was pretty clear that Holmes should have been subbed rather than Lookman, because Holmes had collected a yellow for a rash challenge, and then repeated the crime soon afterwards.

And as we all saw, there was no midfield option on the bench. None. He cannot possibly be unaware of it. He cannot possibly be happy about it. But he is not going to tell @LouisMend that, is he? I know where the blame lies for that situation.

I get what you're saying, but if he's not willing to criticise the owners for not giving him the right resources then it's a very cowardly route to lash out at the fans instead to try and justify himself. If you go into a job like this with your hands tied you can publicly rage against the owners and get sacked, or you can keep quiet and take the inevitable inquest. You shouldn't try and pass that crap situation on the people who made the trip though
    Yes and I fully agree that its a lousy interview, and your last sentence is bang on the money.

• Options

cafc999 said:

Redrobo said:

I don't want Slade to go unless it is for a manager of the quality of Kenny Jacket as it would be pointless.

I also hope Slade has learnt that Tex needs to start against the Gills.

I reckon if we play Tex it will trigger of a payment clause in his contract where we have to pay a large some of money to his former club. In other words, no matter how short of players we are, we will not play him
    cafc999 said:

Redrobo said:

I don't want Slade to go unless it is for a manager of the quality of Kenny Jacket as it would be pointless.

I reckon if we play Tex it will trigger of a payment clause in his contract where we have to pay a large some of money to his former club. In other words, no matter how short of players we are, we will not play him
    Then say it and don't make Slade look like a complete idiot!
    It's never bothered the regime before leopards spots and all that :smirk:
  • Options
    its getting to him, but who fucking cares. hope were a bit more vocal on saturday, i think automatic promotion can be ruled out 100% and i think we have maybe a 10% chance of getting playoffs, start of the season playoffs for me was the minimum but i cant see us going down but finishing 16/17th which no doubt meire and roland will call stability, he calls for being ruthless yet we have a proven goalscorer at this level whos not even playing, joke of a situation going saturday piss up with my mates and tick a ground off the list, thats about it.
  • Options
    I feel for Slade, he put out a team that, by many accounts, for most of the match played very well but didn't take their chances, I don't think you can completely blame the manager for a player missing a goal. As for the subs as has been said Magennis had a head injury and Holmes was on a yellow and from the commentary it seemed that the PV players were targeting him for another. However he shouldn't have had a go at the fans and should be man enough to apologies at the Thursday press conference.
  • Options

Excuse my presumptiousness for repeating my post from another thread, but I hope this is justified...

I would say this in his defence (listening to the commentary). He's getting a lot of stick for subbing Holmes, however, @KillersBeard was pretty clear that Holmes should have been subbed rather than Lookman, because Holmes had collected a yellow for a rash challenge, and then repeated the crime soon afterwards.

And as we all saw, there was no midfield option on the bench. None. He cannot possibly be unaware of it. He cannot possibly be happy about it. But he is not going to tell @LouisMend that, is he? I know where the blame lies for that situation.

You make valid points Prague. However, it doesn't explain why he chose to bad mouth the players and the fans.

Surely, he can't think that his comments will reduce the pressure he is clearly under? He has alienated more people now and made his life harder.
  • Options

You pay peanuts

You get a useless fat bald bloke
  • Options

cafc999 said:

Redrobo said:

cafc999 said:

Redrobo said:

Then say it and don't make Slade look like a complete idiot!
    The regime don't do truth, as Bromley Addicks found out on Saturday
  • Options
    So he's sick, well Brussel I'm sick too, sick of all the no mark clueless bastards who seem to inhabit every top position at our club. If you have any dignity left just accept responsibility because you're the manager, of course, and as the expression goes 'if you dont like if....well you know what to do'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Aside from his rant at the fans, I didn't like the fact he made mention of Port Vale's home record as if we should all be chuffed with a point. I would be focusing on the fact that we won 3-0 in our last game and they shipped four, but not our Russ. It tells you a lot about his mindset approaching games and, unless we are desperate for points at the end of the season, I can't see him changing anytime soon.

I hate putting pressure on managers when they have been in the job for such a short period (particularly when considering his possible replacements!) but his negativity is costing us and we have thrown away slender one goal leads in too many games normally after telling subs from the opposition which he does nothing to counter or shit subs from him which negate any attacking play from us. Not good enough and, as for fans being angry, what the hell does he expect?? We've won three games all season! Idiot.
  • Options
    Just grow a pair Slade FFS!
  • Options
    As bad as digging out the fans, he seems quite happy to single out players as well (not by name but in reference to fouls/misses). How long before he loses their support as well? Would you do that to your team of employees you managed?

I reckon we will have to be in relegation trouble for him to go this season. If we can be said to still be in with a shout of the playoffs they will hang on rather than pay him off.
  • Options
    Reminds me of Pardew who enjoyed blaming the fans.....
    Slade doesn't strike me as the brightest when it comes to PR - ideal for Charlton!
  • Options
    Kiely#1 said:

As bad as digging out the fans, he seems quite happy to single out players as well (not by name but in reference to fouls/misses). How long before he loses their support as well? Would you do that to your team of employees you managed?

I reckon we will have to be in relegation trouble for him to go this season. If we can be said to still be in with a shout of the playoffs they will hang on rather than pay him off.

My thoughts too. I think if you're going to criticise both players and fans publicly, then you're digging a hole for yourself.

I'd have imagined he's been set a target by Jong Un and he's way off at present and feeling the pressure.

• Options
    Gillingham will be fun if we lose, is their 'tunnel' still at the scaffold end where the away fans are situated? If so, it's probably best if you stay sat on the bench until 6pm Russ.
  • Options
    We also lost to Cheltenham and Crawley.
    Slade came here thinking it was a big club by his standards, fresh start, Austrian trip, new tablecloths, patience, he thought there would be a good chance of it working, judge me after 12 games fortress Valley, decorated tunnel, he has spoken to the owner and Katrien says they are good people, despite nothing in writing he started full of optimism.
    I like optimism.
    He has limitations, and he has been very poorly served by the regime who presumably refer him to Mowgli if he has a problem.
    There is unlikely to be anybody better.BUT digging out the fans is very very ill judged and smacks of Perks, Cojones, Miere, Eager and the rest of the evil acolytes.
    Russell if you want a target to dig out speak to me because I know who they are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not as angry as some with him for the comments as he's lashing out because of frustration. I do think it's pathetic though and just highlights he cant see his mistakes
  • Options
    For me it's the depth of the squad that will be our/his downfall this season , I think ultimately that is his frustration +
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    1se7 said:

For me it's the depth of the squad that will be our/his downfall this season , I think ultimately that is his frustration +

Regulars
    1. Declan Rudd
    2. Kevin Foley
    4. Johnnie Jackson
    5. Patrick Bauer
    6. Roger Johnson
    7. Ademola Lookman
    8. Andrew Crofts
    9. Josh Magennis
    10 Nicky Ajose
    11. Ricky Holmes
    15. Ezri Konsa
    16. Jason Pearce
    17. Fredrik Ulvestad
    18. Karlan Ahearne-Grant
    20. Chris Solly
    21. Morgan Fox
    22. El-Hadji Ba
    25. Ahmed Kashi - Injured
    26. Harry Lennon
    30. Lee Novak
    50. Jorge Teixeira

Unknown (not played enough yet)
    3. Adam Chicksen
    13. Dillon Phillips
    14. Jordan Botaka
    23.Oliver Muldoon
    24. Regan Charles-Cook
    27. Dimitar Mitov
    28. Brandon Hanlan
    29.Terell Thomas
    31. Josh Umerah

Out on loan
    Igor Vetokele on loan at Zulte Waregem until the end of the 2016/17 season
    Naby Sarr on loan at Red Star FC until the end of the 2016/17 season
    Tony Watt on loan at Heart of Midlothian until the end of 2016/17 season
    Cristian Ceballos on loan at Sint Truiden until the end of the 2016/17 season

Hardly lacking players, even the question over lacking quality is very unclear as some of them have barely played. Botaka is a fine example, looks good when he is on, doesn't get a chance for more minutes?
  • Options
    Whatever happened to the old adage. The buck stops here ?
  • Options
    Managers never blame themselves do they really - they all look for excuses.
  • Options
    How are people sticking up for him? Our squad is 10000x better than Port Vale and better than probably all but 1 or 2 teams in this league. Think it's only our fans that don't see our team as strong as it really is. It should be walking teams like Port Vale without breaking a sweat, and that's taking into account some pretty poor finishing.
  • Options

Managers never blame themselves do they really - they all look for excuses.

Usually just before the axe falls.