Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham v Charlton 2016 post match views

Comments

• Options
    Have you see that classy Roger Johnson, complete class on a classy pole that lad.

That sort of thing?
  • Options
    Think Slade is being a bit unfairly treated if I'm honest. I do think he could be getting a bit more out of this lot but he really was left short by the owners. We needed a new midfield to get the best out of Ajose and Novak, two decent players at this level, It hasn't happened and they are completely lacking in any confidence. Magennis is plugging away but he's not going to be prolific. Tex and Bauer should be playing as they can both play the ball out from the back. I really think Botaka should get a game, otherwise what was the point. Probably give Chicksen a go instead of Fox too see what he's all about. Shame about Ba's attitude as he and Ulvestad would bring a bit of energy to the team.
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37741339 Scroll down for Charlton in the air.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

seth plum said:

I was taken aback by the police presence although the ones I spoke to were universally helpful.
    It may be the match was a live training exercise which would explain the overkill but the overall effect was unsettling to me.
    However some of the behaviour of our support, the sheep like and racist (yes downright racist, where everything done by our black players was castigated by non stop reference to their colour). I don't know whether the security presence was in some way provocative, it was totally targeted at Charlton fans, and if the police wanted a shameful and embarrassing reaction they certainly got it.
    Is it snobbish and disloyal to say that our fans ought to moderate (as in stop) the racist language, the constant swearing in front of everybody, the physical provocations, and the vandalism all of which I saw and heard?
    Yesterday was a shitty day in virtually every aspect of it.

Seth, genuine question why would the police presence be unsettling to you? If your not doing anything wrong then surely it shouldn't bother you.

I would get used to it because the longer these muppets stay in charge and the discontent continues to grow then the more volatile the situation is going to become and you will see more and more police at our matches.
    I think it was because I was surprised by the sheer number, and felt unsettled that so many should be on duty made me think ominously about it.
    At one point queueing to get in a phalanx of police came down the street like that phalanx on the pitch at the Valley last game last season.
    I am hoping it was essentially a training or learning exercise, which I thought overall was pretty clumsy.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    seth plum said:

smiffyboy said:

seth plum said:

I was taken aback by the police presence although the ones I spoke to were universally helpful.
    It may be the match was a live training exercise which would explain the overkill but the overall effect was unsettling to me.
    However some of the behaviour of our support, the sheep like and racist (yes downright racist, where everything done by our black players was castigated by non stop reference to their colour). I don't know whether the security presence was in some way provocative, it was totally targeted at Charlton fans, and if the police wanted a shameful and embarrassing reaction they certainly got it.
    Is it snobbish and disloyal to say that our fans ought to moderate (as in stop) the racist language, the constant swearing in front of everybody, the physical provocations, and the vandalism all of which I saw and heard?
    Yesterday was a shitty day in virtually every aspect of it.

Seth, genuine question why would the police presence be unsettling to you? If your not doing anything wrong then surely it shouldn't bother you.

I would get used to it because the longer these muppets stay in charge and the discontent continues to grow then the more volatile the situation is going to become and you will see more and more police at our matches.
    I think it was because I was surprised by the sheer number, and felt unsettled that so many should be on duty made me think ominously about it.
    At one point queueing to get in a phalanx of police came down the street like that phalanx on the pitch at the Valley last game last season.
    I am hoping it was essentially a training or learning exercise, which I thought overall was pretty clumsy.
    if OB weren't there just imagine the trouble there would be at many more games and in the streets around the stadia .. I have always found the Police in these situations to be A1OK .. sometimes a bit brusque but professional and helpful .. generally, don't bother them or anyone else, they will not bother you
  • Options
    I understand where your now coming from, that wasn't a dig btw I was just curious of your thoughts.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Said this after the Oxford game. Such a large percentage of our away following is just idiots going for a row and trouble . Got laughed at by a few on here when I said it but maybe people are starting to see we have nearly as many dickheads supporting us as some of our neighbours

They must of got lost on the way up to Fleetwood and walsall
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc4life said:

Said this after the Oxford game. Such a large percentage of our away following is just idiots going for a row and trouble . Got laughed at by a few on here when I said it but maybe people are starting to see we have nearly as many dickheads supporting us as some of our neighbours

THIS !!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    clb74 said:

cafc4life said:

Nowhere in sight at Scunthorpe or Port Vale either :open_mouth: .
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

clb74 said:

cafc4life said:

Nowhere in sight at Scunthorpe or Port Vale either :open_mouth: .
    there was some Ag at Bury .. new season madness perhaps .. soon deflated by a 0-2 loss
  • Options
    "If you don't behave and act like I do you're not proper Charlton and I don't want you in our club" - laughable
  • Options
    vff said:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10628808/gillingham-1-1-charlton

Sparse highlights. Holmes penalty was way too easy to save. Soft penalty decision for the equaliser, handball and the defender should not have his arms up but on first viewing not obviously deliberate. Ajose puts it away nicely.

Doesn't have to be deliberate apparently. If arms are raised, and the ball hits one of them, it's supposed to be a pen. It's presumed that you raised your arms to block the ball.
  • Options
    jdmotion said:

vff said:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10628808/gillingham-1-1-charlton

Sparse highlights. Holmes penalty was way too easy to save. Soft penalty decision for the equaliser, handball and the defender should not have his arms up but on first viewing not obviously deliberate. Ajose puts it away nicely.

Doesn't have to be deliberate apparently. If arms are raised, and the ball hits one of them, it's supposed to be a pen. It's presumed that you raised your arms to block the ball.
    Fair enough but have you ever tried jumping with your arms down by your side, just saying like.
  • Options
    jdmotion said:

jdmotion said:

seth plum said:

Not at all. I'd invite them to support Millwall where they allegedly may be received with open arms. They're NOT Charlton if they behave like that.
    I'd go further and film
    Hate when people say stupid things like this 'they're NOT charlton' cos someone has behaved in a different manner to what you find acceptable. Weird
    Oh you do?
    So you think racist abuse of players is fine? And someone saying it's not the Charlton way is 'weird'?
    Depressing.
    Hmm, I suppose you can't say they're "not Charlton", certainly they're not what I'd call typical Charlton or behaving how I'm used to or would like our fans to behave... but they're there, they exist and they're Charlton 'fans' unfortunately. Typical Charlton is more like the bloke I saw filming the level crossing by the ground.

It used to feel like the trouble makers/oiks/morons would all just head off to Millwall to pick a fight with their reflection in the bogs, but something is undeniably sending them our way now. My experiences recently have been a far cry from a few years back, but can only speak for myself.

I guess, the club is sick - and bacteria is growing on it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    jdmotion said:

jdmotion said:

seth plum said:

Not at all. I'd invite them to support Millwall where they allegedly may be received with open arms. They're NOT Charlton if they behave like that.
    I'd go further and film
    Hate when people say stupid things like this 'they're NOT charlton' cos someone has behaved in a different manner to what you find acceptable. Weird
    Oh you do?
    So you think racist abuse of players is fine? And someone saying it's not the Charlton way is 'weird'?
    Depressing.
    Yes, i do.. And I didn't say it was fine, don't be a wally.

Just because some people are different to how you'd act etc, doesn't mean that they are any less of a fan/supporter. There's every chance they could even spend more of their money/time following the team than you do.
  • Options

jdmotion said:

jdmotion said:

seth plum said:

I'd go further and film
    Oh you do?
    Depressing.
    Hmm, I suppose you can't say they're "not Charlton", certainly they're not what I'd call typical Charlton or behaving how I'm used to or would like our fans to behave... but they're there, they exist and they're Charlton 'fans' unfortunately. Typical Charlton is more like the bloke I saw filming the level crossing by the ground.

It used to feel like the trouble makers/oiks/morons would all just head off to Millwall to pick a fight with their reflection in the bogs, but something is undeniably sending them our way now. My experiences recently have been a far cry from a few years back, but can only speak for myself.

I guess, the club is sick - and bacteria is growing on it.
    Agreed. Well put.
  • Options
    jdmotion said:

jdmotion said:

seth plum said:

I'd go further and film
    Oh you do?
    Depressing.
    Unfortunately, being racist and/or violent doesn't mean they aren't Charlton fans.

Just as supporting the regime, supporting CARD or not recognising the genius of Chuck Berry don't disbarr anyone either.

• Options
    It wasn't what I was saying.
    Well not really.
    I was probably just saying that I don't respect them.
    I'm sure they'd be gutted to hear that.
  • Options
    The last three games' player marks have you bang wrong on Ulvestad. He's quality. Our CM deficiencies are almost all down to Crofts. Ulvestad plus an energetic and competent defensive CM would dominate this league.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

The last three games' player marks have you bang wrong on Ulvestad. He's quality. Our CM deficiencies are almost all down to Crofts. Ulvestad plus an energetic and competent defensive CM would dominate this league.

If you're talking to me, I haven't done player marks in ages. You may be thinking of the similarly-monikered Paddy7 mate.

Ulvestad, yesterday, was not quality. He turns every 50-50 challenge into a 100-0 one for the opposition player.
  • Options
    I'm just intolerant.
  • Options
    I mean his average mark. He's been one of our best players for three games in a row now, according to everyone.